Topic

Alternate games of glitch?

Can anyone recommend games similar to glitch, or games that some players just like?

Posted 11 years ago by Glitzen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Theres  a Gigantic list by now....but nothing that is very Glitchlike.

Biggest population in the games Glitchen Play are:

Nation States
    Kingdom of Loathing
    Mirimagia
    Here Be Monsters(FB)
    Puzzle Pirates
    Puppet Guradian
    Guild Wars 2
    Small Worlds
    Missing Ink
    Freggers
    Second Life
    Fallen London
    Neopets

Link for the Google Docs, Game Migration Spreadsheet
    docs.google.com/spreadsheet...
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't play a lot of multiplayer games, but most of my favorite titles are 2D games like Glitch in sort of cutesy styles. They'd include World of Goo, Machinarium, Rayman Origins (seriously one of the most underrated games in recent times in terms of everything) and Closure. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is wonderful too and share a kind of similar off-center humor with Glitch. OH! And everything Raving Rabbids. Those games are hilarious. 
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This has a lot of humor, its a type of card game, anyway....the link...
    jollygrim.gamesamba.com/
  • Yeah, the games BenAlex mentioned are pretty great.  Sword & Sworcery is incredible, and Rayman Origins is delightful.  The world in Rayman is so beautiful, and the characters are just out of control and over the top - I couldn't keep myself from grinning all the way through the demo!

As for MMOs, I haven't tried many on the spreadsheet, but I can recommend Myst Online: Uru Live.  A lot more serious than Glitch, but beautiful environments, really cool puzzles, and NO COMBAT.  Love it!
    Posted 11 years ago by CoinCollector Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For humor, Nation States, Kingdom of Loathing, Missing Ink, for both community, and crafting, Puzzle Pirates, Puppet Guardian, and NORD...past that, its hard to find an MMO that fits really...these are the closest anyones managed to find so far.
  • Although i can say i still love Transformice, which is a non-violent MMO its a building/problem solving/racing game. The community can be harsh at times, but there are ways to combat that.... www.transformice.com/
  • I'm really loving Leap Day (www.leapdaygame.com) right now. It's a cute, nonviolent multiplayer online crafting/puzzle game. .... Which doesn't quite adequately describe it. It just went into open beta and I think it's a lot of fun although it probably won't appeal to everybody.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got Proteus a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! Its singleplayer, but I found it to be very Glitch-like. Its a very relaxing game in general (for me), and sometimes really exciting. Others have said they find the whole game exciting. I highly recommend it for anyone who loved exploring.
    Posted 11 years ago by Asazi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Fern Connelly  - I believe Kukubee is working on Leap Day..
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just tried LeapDay...the little dudes are very cute but the game is kinda hard?? I think it might help if you have an engineering-type brain...you definitely have to think. I will keep playing this one.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm going to find some glitchen playing neopets.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ro.me not really a game, but a hub for creativity, like Glitch was.
    Once you get past the short introduction it is an infinite world, and you can help design it. Singleplayer, but very relaxing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Earth4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ghosts of Mistwood I've been playing it since Christmas, and I'm hooked. No fighting, a lot of crafting, quests, exploration, a hidden object minigame, team chat (everyone is broken up by birth sign) and frequent updates.  
    Posted 11 years ago by mixofsunandcloud Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi all :)

I just signed up for alpha/beta testing on this very promising game:
    www.wanderthegame.com/

I contacted them about the alpha/beta testing and they asked me to mention it in this thread, because new forum registrations aren't taken..so they can't do it themselves.

Very curious about it! *fingers crossed*...
    Posted 11 years ago by Atlantis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lot of Ex-Glitchens waiting for alpha testing to start in Mage Faire www.magefaireonline.com - Forums are open already.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bradogar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Check Salem : http://www.salemthegame.com/
    Get the beta key : http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/388/Salem-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

It's a 3d survival-sandbox MMO built on Java , the graphic is pretty meh i would say but the gameplay is very deep and wide , makes it an interesting game . It is one hell of a real sandbox game .

*Note : This game is super hardcore because you lose your character if you DIE ( that's why multi-characters and accounts is allowed ) .  Criminal acts are parts of the game , sure you can find many nice people there but Crime + perma death can be a pain in the *ss if you are not careful , the game is like the real world , but without any law .
    Posted 11 years ago by OrcsMD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Atlantis,
    Thanks for posting that!  I just signed up for Beta and Alpha too.  *fingers crossed*  :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ghosts of Mistwood is fun and addicting so far
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd play Guild Wars 2.. Too bad you have to pay, though.. That means not everyone'd be able to play..
    Posted 11 years ago by Caelus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Neopets!
    If you guys know me, Add Me!
    If you send me a friend request, Neomail me who you are.
    If I dont know you.. Sorry! Friend request denied.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow so many games I have never heard of! It is gonna be hard to try them all :s.
    Posted 11 years ago by Glitzen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok ... so after a week playing a bunch of sandbox games , i would say that it feel like playing offline games . 

Now i only need a game with a nice player base like Glitch .

Too bad i cannot play GW2 :(
  • For a really long time, eleven giants walked around... > Reus
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Reus looks amazing but it doesn't seem much a MMO for me .

But i will definitely give it a try
  • @Lemo: Actually, Reus does look interesting.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Earth4: I just checked out ro.me and it was trippy and cool. Nice music too! Thanks for the link. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Many of us are now playing Here Be Monsters on facebook. It is an awesome game. I only joined about a week and a half ago but am already addicted. It has many aspects of glitch such as fishing, cooking, exploring, farming, animals but there is also trapping monsters. The quests are very good and keep you very busy. If you haven't already given it a try it is definitely worth looking into. I'm Breezy Meadow on there as well
    Posted 11 years ago by Breezy Meadow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been checking out Leap Day. It's interesting, but requires you to leave it alone for long periods of time which is... not fun.

Although it's blocky, you can check out the World of Ur Minecraft Server. We've created a lot of familiarity within the world and is a blast with a lot of people. Once you've registered, you can check out the screenshots thread and see the things that have been built that you can't see on the map, like the DNA clusters, shrines people have built to their favourite Giants, Bureaucratic Hall and even Winter Walk.
    Posted 11 years ago by WaLLy3K Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Somebody should really start a Glitch Puzzle Pirates crew.
    Posted 11 years ago by Future Shock Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are a lot of people at Puzzle Pirates, problem is its not easy to find/add people :((check the spreadsheet above)