Topic

Staff Topic

The End of the Line

When we first announced Glitch's closure, we said that the website and forums would remain available for a while and that we'd notify everyone of the site's closure ahead of time. This, unfortunately, is that notification. We will be taking significant portions of the Glitch website offline on March 25th.

The silver lining of this particular cloud is that we will be able to keep far more of the Glitch website alive than we'd initially anticipated. Rather than going offline completely, we'll be switching the site into an archival mode — nearly all of its existing content will remain online. You will no longer be able to log in to comment, edit, or like things, but your profile and snaps will remain available for viewing.

The portions of the website that will remain online are:

• The Encyclopedia, including all of the CC-licensed assets
  • Published snaps, including comments and likes
  • Profiles, including status updates and comments, avatar images, achievements, skills, friends lists, and player biographies.

The portions of the website that will go offline on March 25th are:

• Logins
  • Forums
  • Mail
  • Groups and group discussions
  • API
  • Wardrobe and Vanity
  • Leaderboards

Thank you all for being part of Glitch. We had the best community a game could hope for and we can't imagine having an online archive of the game without all of you in it. If you don't want your profile or snaps to remain online, you may go to your account page to delete your account. If you're going to stick around for the long haul, be sure to put on some snazzy threads, pick your best nose, and update your bio while you still can! March 25th will be the last day to delete or change your profile.

On behalf of the crew at Tiny Speck, both past and present: we love you. Thanks :)

Posted 11 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
  • Ugg. This makes me sad all over again.

I miss Glitch! I'll miss you all and all the goofy times!

Glitch on Glitchen!
    Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Much love and well wishes to all in your travels.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sildenafil Citrate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's times like this that your heart makes itself known.  Goodbye, Glitch.  I'm gonna miss you everywhere.  Much love and thanks to you all. <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Christine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Goodbye everyone and thank you for everything. It's been a wonderful experience from the beginning until the end. 
    I can't say how much the Glitch hours have been precious in my life these last three years. It's painful to let it go. 
    I'll never forget. 
    <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Moumoushou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • for the record im leaving my profile logged in and im never refreshing ever in this browser!
    Posted 11 years ago by we are durza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Farewell all! 
    It's been a pleasure to have been with you all. C:
    Posted 11 years ago by GravityGrip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you,Thank you, Thank you,for the bestest game in the whole wide world ,I thought it was hard when we first found out we would no longer be part of this amazing world but as time goes by it seems to get harder than ever,I do hope all at Tiny Speck realize what a huge impact you had on our lives, you wound a thread around our hearts that binds us together forever..I live in hope that one day we will all receive an email telling us you are up and running again if not in exactly the same way in some other incredible journey for you to take us on..Hugs to all..
    Posted 11 years ago by fuzzbuzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Guys, I need this to be set in stone;

I love this game, and all in it, and that will never change. Thank you for everything.
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much, Tiny Speck. You've created a beautiful game, and just because it was a "failure" to those on the outside, it was a major success to everyone who played it. Please make something else like this, and although it won't be exactly the same, we know that whatever you create next will be amazing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alcie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tiny Speck Rulez!
    Long Live Glitch!
    Posted 11 years ago by sporks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GOOOOOOD BYE GLITCH
    Posted 11 years ago by we are durza Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next