Topic

Old Housing Address

Is it possible to determine one's former address(es) in the old housing system?  I've been going back in my history, and don't see any messages about having bought a house.

Just for nostalgia reasons.

EDIT: Except for the old Homesteader badge.

Posted 11 years ago by Locutus Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Anyone?  Bueller?
  • I was just wondering this same thing! 

The problem is that the old housing page isn't available so there's no way to reference the location.

I've been trying to find this information for ages. Any info on this would be great!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lead Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found pics of mine but the location isnt listed, i know it was 5548 off of Simple Slip in Bortola, but no clue as to housing block/street....but i agree id love to put this in my info.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Simpele Slip here too, Lyrical! Don't remember the number...
    Posted 11 years ago by plou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In theory in our last days here, maybe someone on staff still knows, if at least we know which street it was off of....and plou we were neighbors! aww.....:D
  • I don't think we kept this data around. Sorry!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks to the devs allowing caching/archiving of the pages, a lot of the housing info is still up on Archive.org to browse.

Plou: Here you are. 
    Lyrical, I didn't see you on either snapshot of the page. Unfortunately, only certain time periods are available (in the case of the 5500 Simpele Slip neighborhood, Oct and Dec '11). So if you bought your house after those two dates, it wouldn't have captured you. :( 

Lead, Locutus, if you have any more info on your neighborhoods I'd be happy to look for you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aww, sweet! Thanks, Katechol!
  • And also happy to know we were neighbors, Lyrical!

The funniest part of my first housing memories is that I purchased that house by accident: a total keyboard fumble as I was browsing real estate. Yet, I ended up really loving the neighborhood and neighbors. I think that says a lot about the consistent quality of community throughout the game-space. <3
  • I had an apartment prior to the house, no idea when i switched residences, but it was probably right about that time, all the same thanks!:) And true plou, very true!:) In the end i did like the new houseing sytem a lot better but, old housing had some neat designs to it.
  • I was in Vuos Bosca Quarter (Bortola), though I can't remember exactly which block.

I still regarded Vuos Bosca as home after the new housing.  I even ran through my old beginning-of-the-day routine there on the last day of Ur.

Thanks for the help. :)
  • Alright.  I think it was 5423 Vuos Bosca Quarter, but I'm not 100% certain.  If the xx23s were just to the left of and slightly below the entrance signposts, I've a little more confidence.

I wish I'd written it down.
  • Hey Locutus, you're definitely right about the xx23s being on the left. Check out this snap
    Unfortunately, the 5400 block of VB was not cached/archived. :( Searched for a bit but couldn't find anything!

And Lead, I found an archived version of your profile.  Looks like you lived at 5135 Koita Clutter Quarter! I couldn't find any snaps of the street, but I hope that helps. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, well.  Thanks so much for checking.  I really do appreciate it.

I'll assume that my guess (based partly on the archived Realty page's picture of 5423) is correct.  I think I'll put that as my address on all internet forums I frequent and see if anyone notices. :)
  • The internet archive "wayback machine" is very useful for this - if you put in your profile URL it should give you a pretty decent history. 

It remembers that I lived in 1177 Maybe Marsh and 2417 Maybe Marsh
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, first place I looked.  It only has a single snapshot of my profile... from this year.
  • bummer!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Katechol!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lead Subscriber! | Permalink