Topic

Qua!

i have been pouring over sound files i m sure i have everything downloadable, and got the stuff from dropbox. what i want is the "Qua!' exclamation that Glitchen say when things go wrong, I don t know what it might be named, or where else to look.
 think of when your shovel ,pick or whatever broke and your Glitch said "...!" this word. i really want it before stuff goes off line, anyone? any leads any names? any ideas are greatly appreciated :D

Posted 11 years ago by tiggy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Try 1281392480-Friend_offline_1.1.mp3 (edit: preview ogg - from pvz)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do you mean the Wilhelm scream?

www.dropbox.com/s/ycvanvjnr...

(Main sounds folder: www.dropbox.com/sh/yz2my9a9...)

More info re. the sound: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhe...
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the Wilhelm scream is definitely more like Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghh :p
    I wonder where it was supposed to be used in Glitch though, or if it ever was
    (I'm using it in Planks Vs Zomblitch when they eat your bacon :p)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe! The qua sounds like a poorly version of Henry's Cat (from the theme tune): youtu.be/Ub3MJY_I2hU
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ahhh  may Giants  bless you Lemo!  It s like completing the final quest!  that is the sound that stuck in my mind when i started playing, and eventually started using it in my daily life  it expressed so much. I just wanted to have it  and hold on to the actual sound  . Glitchen are so awesome. I think of this as a diaspora  rather than an ending.
  • Oh, thank you so very much!!! This has become my brain's default critical stop sound for some reason. I'm so glad to actually have a file of it now, rather than just the usual effect in my head (which competes with the voices for primacy). <_<
    Posted 11 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TransplantedEntwife, that is exactly it lol
  • hahaha, I can make that sound for you!!  I make the sound whenever my guy opens the car door without turning the lock first and sets the alarm off!!!  "Qua", and I make the sound with a touch of disappointment and exasperation, as if to say, you know you can't harvest plots in such quick succession without setting off the Qua sound, tsk tsk tsk...
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL Minkey - you are cracking me up tonight mdf! "Qua" it is - such a perfect little sound of wrongness!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hab Subscriber! | Permalink
  • okay, okay, time to fess up....AND, he makes the sound everytime I trip on my gigantic pyjama pant legs!!  I keep saying, "I'll sew them, I'll sew them" but I never do and then, whoops, that was a close one followed by his silliness "Qua!"  cracks me up too, Hab!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink