Topic

hey, staff?

i realize there's been a mountain of "nooooo, don't go!" and a general awareness that you cannot give us the thing we want, the thing you want, which is to have or world of Ur open again.

and i keep seeing it said here and there in the various threads but i don't think i can put too fine a point on it: you are giving us a lot more than we'd have a right to expect and while you are over there working your butts off to give us the best possible, the most possible, maybe for the sake of the future, maybe for the sake of the dream, we know what it is you are doing for us out here.

i hope that while you're sitting there working hard to save what you can and also move toward the next thing you are proud to have done what you did and that you never lose sight of the core of it: glitch was amazing and stunning and totally fresh.

it is not less so because it could not be sustained. 

i am hoping that you have taken all your truckloads of data and even your data about the loyalty of your userbase a hundred days after closing(!) and that you can use it to create someday a thing that will be beautiful like glitch, but maybe somehow equipped to survive.

it is an amazing thing you have done, an amazing thing you are doing now, and i have no doubt that what comes next will be amazing.

i want to say thanks for your work. 

words are so small and insufficient, but yeah, that's the central concept. thank you for your work.

Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• *applauds* I couldn't agree more. While I'm sad to have lost Glitch, you guys made it the best possible goodbye we could hope to have.
    Posted 11 years ago by Roger Conte Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well said Flask

Still missing you guys
    Posted 11 years ago by Arietty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, flask, for putting it into words. 

You guys, the staff, are our heroes. We're moping about, brokenhearted, and you're doing your best to make us happy. 

No one has more right to be brokenhearted than you, and yet you cater to our sadness.

Thank you so much.
    Posted 11 years ago by camicami Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, Flask. You took the words out of my mouth. Actually, they're better words.

All of you at TS have been champs about Glitch and its closure. Thank you. I wish you all the best.

Selfishly, I hope you'll have another game for us someday. In the meantime, I will enjoy all the art you've given us. And always, I will dream of Giants.
    Posted 11 years ago by Beyond the Pale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "What they said."  This game is absolutely preposterous.  Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Octopoglitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said. Thanks flask for putting it in to words. I agree wholeheartedly.
    Posted 11 years ago by Axa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That was perfectly said, Flask! I agree wholeheartedly.

You guys are the best, you have always been the best and you will always be the best. I can't thank you enough. I hope you can just know how grateful I am.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks flask for putting it in to words for all of us.
    May you all continue making magic in the future, love and hugs :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Reisball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, flask, you said it better than we could.

And to the staff, we're grateful for the work you've put in and for the care and attention to your former players. You folks have been classy until the very end -- and even beyond.

I hope you continue to create strange and beautiful projects, whether they be glitchlike or completely new and unexpected. And please us know what they are so we can pet, poke, splank or otherwise share in the fun.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chimeric Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well said, my friend. +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please know, TS staff, that you're just as beautiful, unique, and captivating as the world you created for us. Thank you for caring, thank you for sharing, and thank you for being you.
    Posted 11 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree absolutely. 

Glitch was wonderful. It may have ended but it didn't fail. At the moment we're sad and wistful and brokenhearted but my word, it was worth it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Schiehallion23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree wholeheartedly. The staff has been gracious, generous, and astonishingly creative to boot. The good humor, the playfulness, and the kindheartedness that permeated Glitch from the top down didn't--won't--disappear with the game, and as a player, I'm so grateful for all the work by the staff that went into that. I too hope you're all proud.

Thanks for writing this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Good Pilgrim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree wholeheartedly.

Aw, shit, my eyes are leaking again.
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Coco Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, flask, for all your words. And thank you, TS, for all your Ur.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like to express my gratitude for the way Tiny Speck has handled the closing down of Glitch. A lot of games just pull the plug, or give little notice, and then slip away. We have been well taken care of, even now, 102 days after the game has closed down. I really respect Tiny Speck, and I'm happy I told you to keep the money I spent on the game. Even though it hurt to lose Glitch, I'm glad to have spent time in such an amazing world, and with such wonderful people. I look forward to continuing to support TS in the future. :)

Thank you.
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you staff. You're the best staff ever. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Rusty the Sismanaut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hear, hear!
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, best staff EVARRRRRR!!

*emo bear hugs*
    Posted 11 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Tiny Speckles, erm, spackles...specklettes?
    ...speckalitos?

Ah , the sentiment is there.  Best staff ever!  Thank you!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Flatulence Subscriber! | Permalink