Topic

Homesteading service?

As I go through the process of setting up in my new house for now the fourth time in my game tenure, it occurs to me that reestablishing my little farm isn't quite as interesting as it once was. Sure, in my first little meadow house it was fun to gather a few chickens, pigs, and butterflies. But there's no way right now to transfer those animals, so unless I was lucky enough to buy a place that came all stocked up, I'm stuck doing it from scratch. I would imagine that - especially with the new properties in Alakol - a lot of Glitchizens are in the same position.

I was wondering if there was enough interest out there to sustain a homesteading for hire service. It would incorporate a few different things:
- selling seasoned eggs at a slight discount from vendor prices, with a further discount for "bulk" (aka, more than just a couple) purchases
- selling homesteading "packages" in small, medium, and large farm sizes. This would include eggs of each variety, a (fully stocked) feeder, with the option for meat and milk collectors if the buyer had RHK
- a set up service, where I would go to the customer's home, hatch their eggs and raise the chicks/piglets/caterpillars to fully grown, and make sure everything was set up for them.

I've started analyzing costs and playing around with a few different package deals, but I thought I should check and see first if there's anyone out there who would be interested. It's definitely fun to set up a farm for the first time, but with the recent housing boom it seems like many people are stuck making their third, fourth, fifth farm, and the novelty might have worn off.

Let me know what you think!

Posted 13 years ago by Tally Subscriber! | Permalink