Topic

Giant List of Locations for Traveler Achievements (The Penultimate Update as of December 5 2012) Current Count: 1439

An ongoing mystery with street location qualification has finally been solved (after 22 days since this thread first opened on 2011/11/8). A major thank you to everyone who helped report results, data, and information. The key results and findings that were previously uncertain but now confirmed are:

Places that count: Everything in Jethimadh Tower, all one-time quest locations including The Back Alley and Rooks' Woods, both old Hell One and new Hell One. Four locations from the limited time only Cosma Performance Testing.

Places that don't count: Subway Stations, Machine Rooms.
Before the release of new streets in Rasana and Aranna, there were 774 confirmed locations, which matched the maximum, non-glitched high scores leading to confirmation in exactly which streets did or didn't qualify.

Current List (as of December 5 2012)

• Update 50: Over 100 new locations released in the last month of Ur. New places not in the Encyclopedia are: 1 Seam Street (Namaste), 1 Underground Puzzle (Purplysa), 1 Uralia street (Symphonious Maximus), 2 Quests (Mental Block 2, Picto Pattern), Hall of Rejected Concepts in Jethimadh Tower: Mid (access from Tower St. West), and 6 unlisted locations in Vortex of Random.

• Update 49: Final two places? Distant End, uutiif (continues from Distant End). The door to Distant End is in Russula Involutii, Haoma.

• Update 48: New transit system in region Moshi Moshi Oshilatis adds 7 new locations. Shim Shiri was previously known as Asslandia.

• Update 47: 20 new streets in the incredible Nottis region. It's now possible to obtain the Globetrotter Extraordinaire achievement!

• Update 46: 29 new streets in Vantalu.

• Update 45: New Quest: An Old Fashioned B&E transports you to B.T.C Room #3.

• Update 44: Third season-themed level quest An Autumn Day unlocked from Epic #2. With three different quest endings, there are 4 total locations associated with this quest.

• Update 43: A new secret location unlocked by Epic #2: An Abstrixian Aside. A hint was announced by GOD in Local Chat:
    There's also a new secret spot hidden in one of the existing secret spots. Sorry I can't say more, but I am contracually prevented from doing so. Let's just say that it's a region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. Know what I mean??

• Update 42: Three new starter quest locations for learning some of the elementary skills: A L'il Animal Kinship; Breezy, EZ Cookin'; Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation. It just so happens all three locations have an apostrophe in the name.

• Update 41: New quests unlocked from feats, as well as reminisce quests from the Play Cube item. Receive the Play Cube after completing the Color Unblocking quest. Join the Club quest offers Pintura Prosa from jumping into the Curious Painting inside the clubhouse.

• Update 40: Three new regions unlocked from the First Epic (The Penyahtewan Assembly): Ormonos, Lida, and Jal.

• Update 39: New Mental Block quest released (2 locations, one for first-time and one for all subsequent repeats).

• Update 38: The Greedy Street Spirit counts as a new location upon reminiscing from the Emotional Bear.

• Update 37: Sequel to Walk Toward the Light, Radiant Glare quest added.

• Update 36: Being Watched quest added. Drink a Cup of Water from a Bureaucratic Hall Water Cooler. One of the few locations where snapshottery is not possible.

• Update 35: Two new party locations released (Aquarius and Val Holla).

• Update 34: The second feat unlocked a new region, Firozi, with 25 new streets. 1 additional linking street added in Alakol (Via Firozi).

• Update 33: First of the Giants-themed quest, The Last Pilgrimage of Esquibeth, adds four new locations.

• Update 32: 3 new quests: The Wrizzards and The Rube, Operation: Grow, and Walk Toward the Light.

• Update 31: Third Level Quest, Winter Walk, has four locations. Winter Walk and Winter Haven each have a first-time location and a repeat location. When you enter the quest from the second time onwards, you'll always be in the repeat Winter Walk and repeat Winter Haven locations.

• Update 30: Talk to a Piggy to start the new quest (The Greedy Street Spirit). Two new regions, Haoma and Kloro, unlocked from the first Feat..

• Update 29: Le Miserable, the second Level Quest, appeared prematurely on August 23, 2012, and later officially released on August 24, 2012.

• Update 28: 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.

• Update 27: 5 more Ticket to Paradise levels from upgrade cards (Abysmal Thrill, Beam Me Down, Bippity Bop, Cloud Rings, Mountain Scaling).

• Update 26: Amberlyza is the 6th and latest street in the underground basement puzzle series.

• Update 25: 5 new bonus levels from upgrade cards (Arbor Hollow, Cloud Flight, Radial Heights, Sky Plunge, Starlit Night).

• Update 24: Two new regions (Balzare and Roobrik) with 21 streets each add 42 streets to increase the normal max score over 1000.

• Update 23: A new quest called A Summer's Day now available by talking to any street spirit vendor (in Groddle, Uralia, Firebog). Three locations are involved with this quest.

• Update 22: Fernucopia becomes the 5th street in a series of locations accessed via locked doors in relic apartment tower basements.

• Update 21: 9 new streets (5 Apartment Tower Basements and 4 color-themed locations accessed from the locked doors in the 5 basements; it is random which of the 4 color-themed locations you are teleported to when entering a basement's locked door).

• Update 20: 5 old housing Apartment Towers now count for location scores.

• Update 19: 3 new Seam Streets added on April 25 2012.

• Update 18: 127 new locations in 5 new regions! 21 of the new locations are new streets in old regions. 51 new Habitats, Parks, and Reserves are for Foxes. 4 Habitats, 8 Parks, and 9 Reserves are in old regions.

• Update 17: Reformatting of list and organization. New categories added for Party Locations, Quests, Tower Quest (in Jethimadh Tower), Multiplayer Games, and a section for no longer available locations. The 4 Cosma Performance Test locations increase total maximum general public location count to 840.

• Update 16: Three new Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar in Naraka

• Update 15: New link and street name fixes for Rooks' Woods and You Feel Woooooozy...

• Update 14: Two new quests (Four Letter Words and Word Up) lead to The Kid's Room.

• Update 13: Revamp of the list display. Added latest discoveries section and made all lists collapsible with index to regions.

• Update 12: The Back Alley has returned for those who missed it in the We're Off to See the Lizard quest (learn Fuelmaking to receive the quest). New Vision Quest travels to the Institute of Ocular Testing (learn Eyeballery).

• Update 11: New holiday party pack location at Winter Wingding. A street previously only accessible by staff was temporarily opened as a portal via Door Potion. Only a few players in the right place at the right time managed to obtain this location score. See more info here

• Update 10: New areas, some secret, have been hinted. So far 4 have been discovered as of 2011/12/22. Axis Denyde, The missing floor, The lost floor, and The forgotten floor.

• Update 9: New region of Rasana and expansions in Aranna bring 50 new streets! Plus Le Voyage Violet for 51 new total.

• Update 8: Mystery solved thanks to elka for the last piece in the puzzle: Machine Rooms don't count towards the scores! Now all the numbers add up and everything makes sense. HarleyQuin's score is currently glitched, no one will be able to match the score, unless someone also accidentally triggers glitched residential areas that counted.

• Update 7: Naraka adds 6 locations extending from Hell One. New score for 766 people to be stuck on is 773! Scores have increased by 7 if you visit all 7 Naraka locations including Hell One (but Hell One counted before, so does that mean anyone who had visited Hell One previously would have 2 points for Hell One, while new players would only get 1 point for the new Hell One? Or the other explanation could be the old Hell One didn't count.)

• Update 6: A previously missed location on the list has been added thanks to Folderol. "You're Feeling Wooooozy" directly follows Fireflex 3000 Lab so if you have been to Fireflex 3000 Lab, by default you'll have been to You're Feeling Wooooozy.

• Update 5: With a breakthrough discovery by Folderol in lifting a previously incorrect assumption that the 12 Subway Stations counted toward the score, the total number of confirmed locations is now (more accurately) at 766!

• Update 4: 770 locations have been confirmed to count for users. What could this mean in terms of scoreboard discrepancy?

• Update 3: Highest score is now 769! List updated to include 789 locations, but there is much uncertainty for some locations...

• Update 2: Confirmed locations up to 762, with 768 total possible contenders listed. Who will be able to solve the mystery of the one missing street that so many people are stuck on?

• Update 1: Added in links to available Encyclopedia entries. Updated notes regarding those entries.
  • Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18
    • Few days ago a dev said "the back alley" definitely doesn't count towards the leaderboard, dunno bout the others!
      Posted 12 years ago by Klara Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Latest score stats:
      1 at 769, 12 at 767, 29 at 766
      Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • im missing like 3 party locations and 2 others that must be new :(
      Posted 12 years ago by Crocen Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I'm still on 766 and I have completed the Rooks Wood quest, Firefly whistle etc.,   I have visited all the listed seam streets, games, party locations, machine rooms and bureaucratic halls, the tower several times including unnnn and have all the current completist badges and world class traveller.

I've scoured this thread and TomC's location list searching for any place that I may have missed and can't find any, with the exceptions of the penalty box, the interrogation room and the back alley which we have been told don't count.

The difficulty with not having an official list is that we can't tell if it's us missing something, or a problem with the game checking our visited locations. 

I'm at a loss now, but want to say a big thank you to Tomc and the other people here who contributed to his list :D
      Posted 12 years ago by Fyxxen Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I am going bonkers over this lol. I have all the completist badges, been to all the races, seam streets, everywhere in the tower, machine rooms, model homes and bureaucratic halls. I would say I have been to all the locations on the list that count and "maybe" count. It drove me crazy when I thought I was missing one street, and now I am missing THREE?! lol blarg
      Posted 12 years ago by Jabs Girl Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Even more confusing now, Little Poundcake has confirmed that Gwendolyn's Chamber counts as a location traveled. This makes 770 locations confirmed as having increased user scores on the leaderboard. Yet could this mean that the same location may have counted for one user but not another?

I've visited every location except Rook's Woods and the Starting locations.
    • Still driving me crazy :-) Pretty sure I've been to EVERY location on the list, even the maybes :-) Still on...766? Arrrg. 
      Posted 12 years ago by KrisModem Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Yeah I'm on 766 too. It's looking more and more like a bug but it's difficult to pinpoint a cause if this is a bug. Some people have already sent in bug reports, but I don't think this is something on the high priority list. So for now we may just have to visit every housing block =P
    • I'm one of the 767 people going crazy. I don't know where I've been that's different from where the 766 people have been, and I'm desperate to find the places that bring the total to 769. But, going crazy is part of the fun. :) 
      Posted 12 years ago by Pearl Subscriber! | Permalink
    • So Pearl (or anyone else on 767), what would you describe as the three most unique places you went to? 

(Just so we can get an idea of unusual places we might have missed)
      Posted 12 years ago by SacredBob Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I have one little favour to ask. Could you please mark just added areas as new (red color for example?).  Because it's difficult to find which are new.
      Posted 12 years ago by Iskie Bae Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Iskie Bae, that is a good idea for new streets in the future. Right now all of the newly added location names for the list are in the "Other" section. Since there hasn't been any new street projects in a while, there aren't any actual new streets in any of the regions unfortunately. All of the miscellaneous locations will be going under the "Other" section.
    • Is the Hall of Records next to Rook Museum closed for maintenance for everyone or am I missing a quest?
      Posted 12 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Yeah that's under construction. I don't think you're missing a quest and it appears that street projects are on hold because quite a few other features are being developed. See the post here: www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    • How often does leaderboard refresh?
      Posted 12 years ago by Iskie Bae Subscriber! | Permalink
    • It really depends; sometimes it may take a few days, but recently it's been every few hours, or could be 3 to 12 hours or longer.
    • TomC- If I could remember, I'd tell you! :) I have all the area completest badges (including Callopee)

I *think* what pushed me to #1 initially was a Jethimadh Tower Base location. After that, it was just getting to all the party places. 

So, my plan now is to revisit all the "other" locations on your list. 

The other option, though, is to start out with a new glitch and go to each location in order, crossing them off the list. This could confirm some of the maybes, like the firelfy lab, that I can't redo. 
    • Pearl, that would be awesome if a new glitch could confirm places like the Fireflex Lab and those other one-time quests. I wonder if you'd be able to follow them even and get teleported into those places yourself again, so you'd get to visit it twice and maybe that makes a difference if anything was changed haha.
    • TomC, are there any locations that are level specific, besides Jethimadth tower? 
      It should be easy enough to run a low-level glitch through the world, and only go for locations, and not worry too much about leveling or skills (other than as necessary). I could provide a doppel-glitch with enough food for energy. The only potential difficulty would be seam street keys (Ajaya&  Neva Neva especially). But if everyone with a  location leaderboard obsession chipped in a little, we could have definitive answers in a relatively short time. 

I don't know if you can teleport with or follow someone to places like the firefly lab, but that would definitely be interesting.  
    • I am going to have to disagree with the status of "unnnn" in Jethimadh Tower as "counts"... I was at 765 before visiting it, and have given the leaderboard a day to update after doing so, but am still at 765.
      Posted 12 years ago by Lx’s Ghost Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks for the info, Lx, this could explain why the scores don't add up, in that the same place counts for some people but not others. Quite a few people have had a score increase after visiting "unnnn" including myself. So this is indeed very strange that you are still on 765. The only other explanation would be that the leaderboards are stuck again (they haven't been officially fixed yet). In the past, it sometimes took a week to update.
    • I created Doppel Pearl, who's sole purpose in life is to confirm locations. She's wandering around Bortola now, inching her way towards the top of the leaderboards. 

Today, Doppel Pearl earned the Borotla Completionist Badge, visited the Mallos Means Subway Station, The Back Alley, the Eesti Life Catalog Page 17,  and the Golden Hatted Bouncing High Jumping Memory Place. 

This means she should be at a total of 35 locations when the leaderboards refresh. If she's at more, then something went wrong (or I can't add), and if she's at less, then we know something doesn't count. 

Yay for trial and error. 
    • Haha very cool user name! Thank you so much for taking the time to perform this experiment! It definitely takes some patience waiting for the leaderboards to update and to carefully document all your travels. Best of luck!
    • I see them all now under 'other' TomC.  I guess I should have refreshed that tab once and a while. *blush*

Doppel Pearl, if you need some sustenance give a shout.

Also, Little Poundcake's name makes me want to do some baking.  
      Posted 12 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Pearl, I will attempt to do the same thing, and keep a detailed list. I am Doppel-Folderol! (this is an awesome idea!)
      Posted 12 years ago by Folderol Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Pearl, sorry i missed your question earlier. I think Jethimadh Tower is the only level-specific place as of now. It's also interesting how those locations are divided into Jethimadh Tower: Base and Jethimadh Tower: Mid. Maybe there will be a Top or Roof some day haha. The five Seam Street locations are also specifically labeled Seam Street. Even though Ajaya Bliss, Martleby Hare, and Neva Neva also require keys, they don't fall in the realm of Seam Streets technically (based on the Seam Street map), and they also show up on the regular map.

Ida Keen, thanks for your suggestion though. It is definitely a good idea to highlight any new streets in the future.

Folderol, good luck with your journey, thanks for your efforts!
    • Thanks, TomC. 

One update I can tell you - Eesti Life definitely counts. It was the fifth location I had been to, and after I arrived I got the Junior Explorer Badge for having been to five places. 
    • Oh thank you very much! This really confuses me now because that makes 771 locations that counts yet people who have visited all of them don't have that high of a score...
    • Make that 772 confirmed locations - I got the Senior OK Explorer badge when I arrived at my 23rd location, The Gold Hatted, Bouncing, High Jumping Memory Place. 

Btw, I timed them specifically so that I would know immediately if they counted (I'm not on the leaderboards yet so I wouldn't know otherwise). 
    • Thanks! So it looks like all these unique quest places must count then... but that pushes the number even more over the highest score at 769... 
    • Excellent, Folderol.  The Doppels will either solve this location mystery or cause more confusion.  :) 
    • It's very strange, certainly. Folderol (if you'll pardon the third-person reference to myself) has been everywhere as far as I know, and certainly to the places that Dopple-Folderol has ventured. And yet Folderol is at 767 locations. 

I'll try and knock out those other "Maybes" ASAP, but I feel that that will only further confuse things, instead of answering any questions we're having. 
    • Yes, Pearl, let's do it! 
    • And also confirming Tower St East says "Coming Soon" for all right? Not quest based door...
      Posted 12 years ago by snarkle Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks Pearl and Foderol for fighting the good fight!  And thanks to TomC for not giving up, which I must admit I have.  I just have one more party place to visit and then I will be a part of the 766 club.  :-p
      Posted 12 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Okay... so I have a sort of update. But it's confusing. I've been assuming that what "counts" is any location that gives XP for a first entrance. And given that as a criteria, The Back Alley DOES count, whereas the Thiruvan Thrive Subway Stop does not. 
    • Also, if XP is to be our guide, I've discovered a new place that we've all been to - "You Feel Wooooozy"! Right after you teleport out of the Fireflex 3000 Lab, you enter a new place where you fall through space and time ("this is your first visit to You Feel Wooooooozy"), and get XP for visiting a new place!
    • Hmm that's really interesting Folderol, because a staff member (I think it was eggplant) posted that The Back Alley doesn't count, and I had all the Subway Stations count towards my score (but I'm one of the people stuck at 766).

Thanks for the info on the You Feel Wooooozy place, I definitely missed that one on the list!
    • Was what you saw in the Fireflex 3000 Lab the same as this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx_x1a2o4Sk

I realize the video was taken during Beta so perhaps the scene transition has changed? Unfortunately I don't remember if there was a transition scene with a title when I did that quest. Did you happen to make a screen recording or get screenshots?
    • TomC, yes that is what I saw. Sorry I didn't record or anything, but it's the same transition. And no, I've been tracking every single location I've been to, and numbered all of them as well. I've travelled to 63 places (I just got the Rambler Third Class badge) and here's what I've learned: Subway Stations do not count. But here are things that do: the first time you visit the subway train and Rainbow Run. 

So if you subtract the 12 subway stations, we have a very different number count. 
    • Oh wow.
      Posted 12 years ago by Ida Keen Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Wow Folderol, that is a big breakthrough! Thank you very much for all of your time and efforts in discovering this! 

So could this mean that "The Back Alley" did indeed count and this would go against what a staff member said... very intriguing change to the numbers!
    • You're welcome! It's an intriguing way to play the game as if it were a large checklist like this. 

I'll continue to track my progress by numbers and keep you updated!
    • Okay, TomC, you can change these Maybes to Confirmed: 

Fireflex 3000 Lab
      Rainbow Run
      Room 15
      Room 16
      Room 8
    • Thank you, Pearl and Folferol for the work you are doing. My current strategy is to cross my fingers and hope i stumble across what i am missing since I am stuck at 766.
      Posted 12 years ago by Scarlett Beth Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thank you, Folderol! Have you tried "The Back Alley" quest yet?
    • Folderol, you deserve major props for discovering a previous misconception in that the Subway Stations counted. Without those, and with the newly confirmed locations, the number now makes a lot more sense! And right now it's at 766!

The following "Maybe" locations remain:

Rook Museum
      Rook's Woods
      The Back Alley
    • The Back Alley definitely counts - I got XP for it. I have to be a higher level to get up to the Rook Museum, and haven't gotten the quest for the Rook's woods, but I'll keep you posted!
    • Okay thanks so much again! Updated the list and credited your name. When the leaderboard scores update, will you be able to confirm for sure on The Back Alley? I have it set as a "Maybe" right now since a staff member said completely the opposite, but if the leaderboard scores do account for the correct total then it for sure counts.

The exclusion of the Subway Stations make sense also since they weren't needed for the Completist badges even though they were categorized under each region, whereas these other street locations didn't fall into any of the Ur regions specifically.
    • Oooh, the back alley is one place i havent been, never seen that before (found vid on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACaT6wIE_sk)

I'm pretty sure I went straight to the Bureau Hall to get my papers when I realised that I'd need them to travel. Is ther a way to get to that area if you already have papers?

That could explain so many people on 766

And re the Staff Member who said it definitely didnt count, is it possible that it is a bug that it DOES count. I would imagine a location that once a certain point has passed is no longer available should NOT count towards locations visited.
      Posted 12 years ago by SacredBob Subscriber! | Permalink
    1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18