Topic

Giant List of Locations for Traveler Achievements (The Penultimate Update as of December 5 2012) Current Count: 1439

An ongoing mystery with street location qualification has finally been solved (after 22 days since this thread first opened on 2011/11/8). A major thank you to everyone who helped report results, data, and information. The key results and findings that were previously uncertain but now confirmed are:

Places that count: Everything in Jethimadh Tower, all one-time quest locations including The Back Alley and Rooks' Woods, both old Hell One and new Hell One. Four locations from the limited time only Cosma Performance Testing.

Places that don't count: Subway Stations, Machine Rooms.
Before the release of new streets in Rasana and Aranna, there were 774 confirmed locations, which matched the maximum, non-glitched high scores leading to confirmation in exactly which streets did or didn't qualify.

Current List (as of December 5 2012)

• Update 50: Over 100 new locations released in the last month of Ur. New places not in the Encyclopedia are: 1 Seam Street (Namaste), 1 Underground Puzzle (Purplysa), 1 Uralia street (Symphonious Maximus), 2 Quests (Mental Block 2, Picto Pattern), Hall of Rejected Concepts in Jethimadh Tower: Mid (access from Tower St. West), and 6 unlisted locations in Vortex of Random.

• Update 49: Final two places? Distant End, uutiif (continues from Distant End). The door to Distant End is in Russula Involutii, Haoma.

• Update 48: New transit system in region Moshi Moshi Oshilatis adds 7 new locations. Shim Shiri was previously known as Asslandia.

• Update 47: 20 new streets in the incredible Nottis region. It's now possible to obtain the Globetrotter Extraordinaire achievement!

• Update 46: 29 new streets in Vantalu.

• Update 45: New Quest: An Old Fashioned B&E transports you to B.T.C Room #3.

• Update 44: Third season-themed level quest An Autumn Day unlocked from Epic #2. With three different quest endings, there are 4 total locations associated with this quest.

• Update 43: A new secret location unlocked by Epic #2: An Abstrixian Aside. A hint was announced by GOD in Local Chat:
    There's also a new secret spot hidden in one of the existing secret spots. Sorry I can't say more, but I am contracually prevented from doing so. Let's just say that it's a region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. Know what I mean??

• Update 42: Three new starter quest locations for learning some of the elementary skills: A L'il Animal Kinship; Breezy, EZ Cookin'; Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation. It just so happens all three locations have an apostrophe in the name.

• Update 41: New quests unlocked from feats, as well as reminisce quests from the Play Cube item. Receive the Play Cube after completing the Color Unblocking quest. Join the Club quest offers Pintura Prosa from jumping into the Curious Painting inside the clubhouse.

• Update 40: Three new regions unlocked from the First Epic (The Penyahtewan Assembly): Ormonos, Lida, and Jal.

• Update 39: New Mental Block quest released (2 locations, one for first-time and one for all subsequent repeats).

• Update 38: The Greedy Street Spirit counts as a new location upon reminiscing from the Emotional Bear.

• Update 37: Sequel to Walk Toward the Light, Radiant Glare quest added.

• Update 36: Being Watched quest added. Drink a Cup of Water from a Bureaucratic Hall Water Cooler. One of the few locations where snapshottery is not possible.

• Update 35: Two new party locations released (Aquarius and Val Holla).

• Update 34: The second feat unlocked a new region, Firozi, with 25 new streets. 1 additional linking street added in Alakol (Via Firozi).

• Update 33: First of the Giants-themed quest, The Last Pilgrimage of Esquibeth, adds four new locations.

• Update 32: 3 new quests: The Wrizzards and The Rube, Operation: Grow, and Walk Toward the Light.

• Update 31: Third Level Quest, Winter Walk, has four locations. Winter Walk and Winter Haven each have a first-time location and a repeat location. When you enter the quest from the second time onwards, you'll always be in the repeat Winter Walk and repeat Winter Haven locations.

• Update 30: Talk to a Piggy to start the new quest (The Greedy Street Spirit). Two new regions, Haoma and Kloro, unlocked from the first Feat..

• Update 29: Le Miserable, the second Level Quest, appeared prematurely on August 23, 2012, and later officially released on August 24, 2012.

• Update 28: 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.

• Update 27: 5 more Ticket to Paradise levels from upgrade cards (Abysmal Thrill, Beam Me Down, Bippity Bop, Cloud Rings, Mountain Scaling).

• Update 26: Amberlyza is the 6th and latest street in the underground basement puzzle series.

• Update 25: 5 new bonus levels from upgrade cards (Arbor Hollow, Cloud Flight, Radial Heights, Sky Plunge, Starlit Night).

• Update 24: Two new regions (Balzare and Roobrik) with 21 streets each add 42 streets to increase the normal max score over 1000.

• Update 23: A new quest called A Summer's Day now available by talking to any street spirit vendor (in Groddle, Uralia, Firebog). Three locations are involved with this quest.

• Update 22: Fernucopia becomes the 5th street in a series of locations accessed via locked doors in relic apartment tower basements.

• Update 21: 9 new streets (5 Apartment Tower Basements and 4 color-themed locations accessed from the locked doors in the 5 basements; it is random which of the 4 color-themed locations you are teleported to when entering a basement's locked door).

• Update 20: 5 old housing Apartment Towers now count for location scores.

• Update 19: 3 new Seam Streets added on April 25 2012.

• Update 18: 127 new locations in 5 new regions! 21 of the new locations are new streets in old regions. 51 new Habitats, Parks, and Reserves are for Foxes. 4 Habitats, 8 Parks, and 9 Reserves are in old regions.

• Update 17: Reformatting of list and organization. New categories added for Party Locations, Quests, Tower Quest (in Jethimadh Tower), Multiplayer Games, and a section for no longer available locations. The 4 Cosma Performance Test locations increase total maximum general public location count to 840.

• Update 16: Three new Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar in Naraka

• Update 15: New link and street name fixes for Rooks' Woods and You Feel Woooooozy...

• Update 14: Two new quests (Four Letter Words and Word Up) lead to The Kid's Room.

• Update 13: Revamp of the list display. Added latest discoveries section and made all lists collapsible with index to regions.

• Update 12: The Back Alley has returned for those who missed it in the We're Off to See the Lizard quest (learn Fuelmaking to receive the quest). New Vision Quest travels to the Institute of Ocular Testing (learn Eyeballery).

• Update 11: New holiday party pack location at Winter Wingding. A street previously only accessible by staff was temporarily opened as a portal via Door Potion. Only a few players in the right place at the right time managed to obtain this location score. See more info here

• Update 10: New areas, some secret, have been hinted. So far 4 have been discovered as of 2011/12/22. Axis Denyde, The missing floor, The lost floor, and The forgotten floor.

• Update 9: New region of Rasana and expansions in Aranna bring 50 new streets! Plus Le Voyage Violet for 51 new total.

• Update 8: Mystery solved thanks to elka for the last piece in the puzzle: Machine Rooms don't count towards the scores! Now all the numbers add up and everything makes sense. HarleyQuin's score is currently glitched, no one will be able to match the score, unless someone also accidentally triggers glitched residential areas that counted.

• Update 7: Naraka adds 6 locations extending from Hell One. New score for 766 people to be stuck on is 773! Scores have increased by 7 if you visit all 7 Naraka locations including Hell One (but Hell One counted before, so does that mean anyone who had visited Hell One previously would have 2 points for Hell One, while new players would only get 1 point for the new Hell One? Or the other explanation could be the old Hell One didn't count.)

• Update 6: A previously missed location on the list has been added thanks to Folderol. "You're Feeling Wooooozy" directly follows Fireflex 3000 Lab so if you have been to Fireflex 3000 Lab, by default you'll have been to You're Feeling Wooooozy.

• Update 5: With a breakthrough discovery by Folderol in lifting a previously incorrect assumption that the 12 Subway Stations counted toward the score, the total number of confirmed locations is now (more accurately) at 766!

• Update 4: 770 locations have been confirmed to count for users. What could this mean in terms of scoreboard discrepancy?

• Update 3: Highest score is now 769! List updated to include 789 locations, but there is much uncertainty for some locations...

• Update 2: Confirmed locations up to 762, with 768 total possible contenders listed. Who will be able to solve the mystery of the one missing street that so many people are stuck on?

• Update 1: Added in links to available Encyclopedia entries. Updated notes regarding those entries.
  • Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    • Subsequent attempts at "A Summer's Day" quest uses a different "A Summer's Day" location name compared with the very first try. The Annex can be accessed on all subsequent attempts, for a total of 3 locations used in this quest. Current regular max is now 988.
      Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Looks like Balzare & Roobrik add 42 more locations, bringing the potential total to 1030. (I am still missing Rook's Woods, got completist badges for both new areas, and am at 1029.)
      Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I've done A Summer's Day numerous times now. 
      After the first time, I've always got The Annex as a second location, but I have yet to see a third location. The starting one is always identical. 
      Could there be something I'm not doing that triggers it?
      Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Zira: The first time you go to A Summer's Day, it's different from the second time (namely, the second one has an exit to the Annex); these two instances count as two separate streets.  The Annex makes three.

At least, that was the case when I did it.  Did your count go up by 3?
      Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Oh I see, it's the same, but the exit door results as different, making the street count as a separate location. Right. 

Thank you :)
    • thanks EDDIE - I was worried about this too.
      Posted 12 years ago by Jugni Subscriber! | Permalink
    • The more Locations I find the further down in the Rankings I go - Lol!  I have all but Lisa yet I am now ranked 21.  Before the two latest areas I had 988 locations and was ranked 28 (I think).  Those who had completed the two latest locations were ranked 13.  As there is no way for me to get the secret Dev locations (which count for some unknown reason) I can never hope to reach the Top 10 rank again (apparently).  This is very disappointing because this is the only Leaderboard that I have any hope of reaching the Top in and I have enjoyed trying for it and will continue to do so.  I now have 1030 Locations.
      Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
    • E D D I E is correct about the Summer's Day Quest. Updated list with the two new regions. 1030 is now the max (including Rooks' Woods and old Hell One).
    • I believe the 5 new upgrade cards for 'adventure' areas now count. I am at 1034 (I don't have Rook's Woods which would put me at 1035).

Sky Plunge
      Cloud Flight
      Starlit Night
      Arbor Hollow
      Radial Heights
      Posted 12 years ago by Bexatious Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I can confirm that those five do count. I was at 1030 on Friday night, was able to get all five cards and visit all five areas on Saturady, and my count is now up to 1035.
      Posted 12 years ago by Shadowy Time Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks, list updated.
    • Tom, You are amazing!  thx
      Posted 12 years ago by Mystbecky Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Tom--another new location. Another colour-themed basement. Amberlyza. I'm sorry--I wasn't intrepid enough to be paying attention to see if you get img for going for the first time, since I was kind of excited. :)  I would assume it would be the same as the other basements.
      Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
    • i'm so angry about Amberlyza - i JUST sold all my keys after finally getting the last of the other basements!
      Posted 12 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I'm pretty sure i didn't get a message saying it was my first time. (or that i got img)
      Posted 12 years ago by Anthropocene Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I didn't see anything saying "first time here" either. Hope it counts though. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I check my Traveler total.
      Posted 12 years ago by Joscor So Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks everyone; looks like Amberlyza counts based on leaderboard scores. Max count now 1036.
    • I just checked the screen shot of the loading screen and it doesn't have any of the new street messages.
      Posted 12 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I did Orangian for the first time the other day and didn't get a "new street" message - however it didn't have a "you've been here x times" counter, which the others i'd been to before did. that's the difference. 
    • Hmm.  I've always been on par, since I don't have any of the special locations for special people. I am now somehow at 1037.
    • Me too, EDDIE. I'm at 1037 too. 
      Posted 12 years ago by Papa Legba Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Heya Guys,
      I made a tower that is a resource for area completion.  I've got a few of the Winter Wingding Party Tasters and I want to use them at a time where people who want to get access to that area can.  Not sure the best way to let people know or pick a time.  If I started a group for area completionist junkies to compare notes and plan party times, would people be interested?  Or am I overthinking this?  
      Posted 12 years ago by Rathany Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Rathany, that is a very helpful idea; there were quite a few people looking for a chance to visit Winter Wingding. Maybe you could make a thread in the new Announcements section of the forums and see if people are interested.
    • The first party was a success!  People extended it to well over an hour.  I'll be hosting another one later on :)  

Now I am up to 1,035 streets and need to figure out what I am missing ...
    • I think 1037 is the right number, if we're still counting Rooks Woods. I'm at 1035 and I don't think I've gotten Amberlyza yet.
    • By my count 1036 is the max, including Rook's Woods. I don't have Rook's Woods and I'm at 1035. (I did get Amberlyza.) 
      Posted 12 years ago by Knitomaton Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I don't have Rook's, which is why I am stuck at 1035, I guess.  The issue now, though, is will we have a way to access the new newbie streets if they count?

(Devs - I promise we wont bruise the new kids too much if you let us play there!)
    • beBlueberry, you might have gotten one of the bugged but unknown streets for that extra point (which is sort of like a substitute for Rooks' Woods). That's how many people are at 1037 or 1038.
    • I think the leaderboard for travelling needs a serious tweak. ;/
      Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks for all your hard work..to everyone involved in finding these lovely and secret places!  TY TY TY
      Posted 12 years ago by AlmostSilver Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Is there maybe a new basement that came with the new colour street?
    • E D D I E, doesn't seem like it. 

Five new Ticket to Paradise locations released today. Upgrade Cards turn out to have a minimum requirement of Level 5 before appearing in the deck.
    • I've been 2 streets behind for months, with absolute certainty that I had everything. Then a few days ago I shot up to 1037 for no reason whatsoever and am now up to par. They must have tweaked ''something'' lol
    • Zira, congrats! That seems to be happening quite often now, perhaps related to these upgrade tickets.
    • 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.
    • Something weird has happened to my score. My maximum possible is 2 fewer than the official maximum, because I don't have Rook's Woods or Old Hell One. I keep careful track as I visit new locations, and my score was correctly listed as 1034 after Amberlyza was released (when the official maximum was 1036). Now I've visited the 6 new ticket streets, so should be at 1040 (2 off the official maximum of 1042), but instead, my score is listed as 1041.
    • Joscor So, many people have now had 1 or 2 extra points somehow, and we are still not sure exactly what has happened, but enjoy the extra bonus!
    • Have the locations from the new tutorial been added. I know newbs cant get to a load of places we've been to, but we now also cannot get to the new starter places they have been...
      Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Do the new tutorial locations count for the traveller badges? Has anyone confirmed?
    • we need someone new to tell us, or someone with a new alt, or devs.

EDIT: ok just watched all the tutorial video through and I think they don't count, never saw a 1st time here just fast loading.
      Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
    • The old tutorial streets didn't count (for what that's worth).
    • Eleven "Ticket to Paradise" locations, eleven Giants... coincidence?
      Posted 12 years ago by Empyreal Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I admit to still having sour grapes over non-public locations counting.  It seems so unfair.  The Travelers Board is the only one I have a hope of rising to the Top 10 in and I cannot get there because I cannot visit these non-public areas.  I have the max number of locations possible without those "secret" locations and I am #42.  The #1 person has 1137 locations!  (sigh)
    • I too am more than a little miffed about *non-public* streets counting
      ~in fact, I admit, it really ticks me off! ;(
      Posted 12 years ago by ~Scilly~ Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Empyreal, there was a discussion about that here:  http://www.glitch.com/forum/general/25444/

Brib Annie and ~Scilly~, unfortunately the issue of extra points keeps cropping up and there seems to be many factors involved. It also seems like a really low priority thing to fix, and recently quite a few people got extra points again.
    • Thanks for pointing out that other thread, TomC. :)
      Posted 12 years ago by Empyreal Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I just tidied up my missing locations, but my leaderboard count hasn't changed. Any idea how often it's updated?
      Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
    • what's the old and new hell one?

when was the old hell one there?

When did the new one start?
      Posted 12 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
    • They update once a day Pascale but I don't know what time PST.

Has anyone confirmed with any newbs if the streets on Gentle Island (the new tutorial) count towards the total street count now? According to the mysterious pictures appearing on Glitch, the official video and imgur the streets include:

Surveyor's Stroll
      High Jumper's Gully
      Diversionary Path
      Doonboggle Trail
      Progress Way
      Gentle Island Exit

There's also a seam street off Doonboggle Trail called Ethereal Endeavour which is basically similar to Plexus accessed with a purple yellow triangle key.

I'm not sure whether they are considered streets but the snaps taken with the flamingos and the home street selection machines have TR1 and TR2 against them.

Update: Just confirmed with a RL newb friend that the gentle island streets do count towards your total. They haven't left the island yet due to bad connection last night but their current street count as of now on the leadership board is 5 without entering the real Ur. I will check to see if this updates on their profile tomorrow as there are more than five streets on the island.
      Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Gentle Island (sigh), 7 more locations many of us have no access to.  Sorry, not feeling well which makes me crabby.  I do have Rook's Woods!
    1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18