Topic

Giant List of Locations for Traveler Achievements (The Penultimate Update as of December 5 2012) Current Count: 1439

An ongoing mystery with street location qualification has finally been solved (after 22 days since this thread first opened on 2011/11/8). A major thank you to everyone who helped report results, data, and information. The key results and findings that were previously uncertain but now confirmed are:

Places that count: Everything in Jethimadh Tower, all one-time quest locations including The Back Alley and Rooks' Woods, both old Hell One and new Hell One. Four locations from the limited time only Cosma Performance Testing.

Places that don't count: Subway Stations, Machine Rooms.
Before the release of new streets in Rasana and Aranna, there were 774 confirmed locations, which matched the maximum, non-glitched high scores leading to confirmation in exactly which streets did or didn't qualify.

Current List (as of December 5 2012)

• Update 50: Over 100 new locations released in the last month of Ur. New places not in the Encyclopedia are: 1 Seam Street (Namaste), 1 Underground Puzzle (Purplysa), 1 Uralia street (Symphonious Maximus), 2 Quests (Mental Block 2, Picto Pattern), Hall of Rejected Concepts in Jethimadh Tower: Mid (access from Tower St. West), and 6 unlisted locations in Vortex of Random.

• Update 49: Final two places? Distant End, uutiif (continues from Distant End). The door to Distant End is in Russula Involutii, Haoma.

• Update 48: New transit system in region Moshi Moshi Oshilatis adds 7 new locations. Shim Shiri was previously known as Asslandia.

• Update 47: 20 new streets in the incredible Nottis region. It's now possible to obtain the Globetrotter Extraordinaire achievement!

• Update 46: 29 new streets in Vantalu.

• Update 45: New Quest: An Old Fashioned B&E transports you to B.T.C Room #3.

• Update 44: Third season-themed level quest An Autumn Day unlocked from Epic #2. With three different quest endings, there are 4 total locations associated with this quest.

• Update 43: A new secret location unlocked by Epic #2: An Abstrixian Aside. A hint was announced by GOD in Local Chat:
    There's also a new secret spot hidden in one of the existing secret spots. Sorry I can't say more, but I am contracually prevented from doing so. Let's just say that it's a region in which only a portion of the light source is obscured by the occluding body. Know what I mean??

• Update 42: Three new starter quest locations for learning some of the elementary skills: A L'il Animal Kinship; Breezy, EZ Cookin'; Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation. It just so happens all three locations have an apostrophe in the name.

• Update 41: New quests unlocked from feats, as well as reminisce quests from the Play Cube item. Receive the Play Cube after completing the Color Unblocking quest. Join the Club quest offers Pintura Prosa from jumping into the Curious Painting inside the clubhouse.

• Update 40: Three new regions unlocked from the First Epic (The Penyahtewan Assembly): Ormonos, Lida, and Jal.

• Update 39: New Mental Block quest released (2 locations, one for first-time and one for all subsequent repeats).

• Update 38: The Greedy Street Spirit counts as a new location upon reminiscing from the Emotional Bear.

• Update 37: Sequel to Walk Toward the Light, Radiant Glare quest added.

• Update 36: Being Watched quest added. Drink a Cup of Water from a Bureaucratic Hall Water Cooler. One of the few locations where snapshottery is not possible.

• Update 35: Two new party locations released (Aquarius and Val Holla).

• Update 34: The second feat unlocked a new region, Firozi, with 25 new streets. 1 additional linking street added in Alakol (Via Firozi).

• Update 33: First of the Giants-themed quest, The Last Pilgrimage of Esquibeth, adds four new locations.

• Update 32: 3 new quests: The Wrizzards and The Rube, Operation: Grow, and Walk Toward the Light.

• Update 31: Third Level Quest, Winter Walk, has four locations. Winter Walk and Winter Haven each have a first-time location and a repeat location. When you enter the quest from the second time onwards, you'll always be in the repeat Winter Walk and repeat Winter Haven locations.

• Update 30: Talk to a Piggy to start the new quest (The Greedy Street Spirit). Two new regions, Haoma and Kloro, unlocked from the first Feat..

• Update 29: Le Miserable, the second Level Quest, appeared prematurely on August 23, 2012, and later officially released on August 24, 2012.

• Update 28: 11th Ticket to Paradise level Slip 'N Slide released August 9, 2012.

• Update 27: 5 more Ticket to Paradise levels from upgrade cards (Abysmal Thrill, Beam Me Down, Bippity Bop, Cloud Rings, Mountain Scaling).

• Update 26: Amberlyza is the 6th and latest street in the underground basement puzzle series.

• Update 25: 5 new bonus levels from upgrade cards (Arbor Hollow, Cloud Flight, Radial Heights, Sky Plunge, Starlit Night).

• Update 24: Two new regions (Balzare and Roobrik) with 21 streets each add 42 streets to increase the normal max score over 1000.

• Update 23: A new quest called A Summer's Day now available by talking to any street spirit vendor (in Groddle, Uralia, Firebog). Three locations are involved with this quest.

• Update 22: Fernucopia becomes the 5th street in a series of locations accessed via locked doors in relic apartment tower basements.

• Update 21: 9 new streets (5 Apartment Tower Basements and 4 color-themed locations accessed from the locked doors in the 5 basements; it is random which of the 4 color-themed locations you are teleported to when entering a basement's locked door).

• Update 20: 5 old housing Apartment Towers now count for location scores.

• Update 19: 3 new Seam Streets added on April 25 2012.

• Update 18: 127 new locations in 5 new regions! 21 of the new locations are new streets in old regions. 51 new Habitats, Parks, and Reserves are for Foxes. 4 Habitats, 8 Parks, and 9 Reserves are in old regions.

• Update 17: Reformatting of list and organization. New categories added for Party Locations, Quests, Tower Quest (in Jethimadh Tower), Multiplayer Games, and a section for no longer available locations. The 4 Cosma Performance Test locations increase total maximum general public location count to 840.

• Update 16: Three new Enchanted Forests and Hell Bar in Naraka

• Update 15: New link and street name fixes for Rooks' Woods and You Feel Woooooozy...

• Update 14: Two new quests (Four Letter Words and Word Up) lead to The Kid's Room.

• Update 13: Revamp of the list display. Added latest discoveries section and made all lists collapsible with index to regions.

• Update 12: The Back Alley has returned for those who missed it in the We're Off to See the Lizard quest (learn Fuelmaking to receive the quest). New Vision Quest travels to the Institute of Ocular Testing (learn Eyeballery).

• Update 11: New holiday party pack location at Winter Wingding. A street previously only accessible by staff was temporarily opened as a portal via Door Potion. Only a few players in the right place at the right time managed to obtain this location score. See more info here

• Update 10: New areas, some secret, have been hinted. So far 4 have been discovered as of 2011/12/22. Axis Denyde, The missing floor, The lost floor, and The forgotten floor.

• Update 9: New region of Rasana and expansions in Aranna bring 50 new streets! Plus Le Voyage Violet for 51 new total.

• Update 8: Mystery solved thanks to elka for the last piece in the puzzle: Machine Rooms don't count towards the scores! Now all the numbers add up and everything makes sense. HarleyQuin's score is currently glitched, no one will be able to match the score, unless someone also accidentally triggers glitched residential areas that counted.

• Update 7: Naraka adds 6 locations extending from Hell One. New score for 766 people to be stuck on is 773! Scores have increased by 7 if you visit all 7 Naraka locations including Hell One (but Hell One counted before, so does that mean anyone who had visited Hell One previously would have 2 points for Hell One, while new players would only get 1 point for the new Hell One? Or the other explanation could be the old Hell One didn't count.)

• Update 6: A previously missed location on the list has been added thanks to Folderol. "You're Feeling Wooooozy" directly follows Fireflex 3000 Lab so if you have been to Fireflex 3000 Lab, by default you'll have been to You're Feeling Wooooozy.

• Update 5: With a breakthrough discovery by Folderol in lifting a previously incorrect assumption that the 12 Subway Stations counted toward the score, the total number of confirmed locations is now (more accurately) at 766!

• Update 4: 770 locations have been confirmed to count for users. What could this mean in terms of scoreboard discrepancy?

• Update 3: Highest score is now 769! List updated to include 789 locations, but there is much uncertainty for some locations...

• Update 2: Confirmed locations up to 762, with 768 total possible contenders listed. Who will be able to solve the mystery of the one missing street that so many people are stuck on?

• Update 1: Added in links to available Encyclopedia entries. Updated notes regarding those entries.
  • Posted 13 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    • What is "the 'Cosma' test thinger"?
      Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
    • A while back, they did some performance testing. You logged into a special URL, and your glitch did a bunch of really trippy things. In the process, you visited places that are not (to date) available any other way.

--Me
      Posted 12 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Ah! Okay. Thanks!
      I wondered if that's Elka meant, I just couldn't figure out why she related them to Cosma.
      Posted 12 years ago by Squiggle-Squee Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Squiggle-Squee I have no idea either why it is related to Cosma, but that's how they are called, those places... LOL "Cosma Performance Testing" as per TomC's list of location names!! XD
      Posted 12 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Actually, they are called "Animal Farm", "Soulful", "Soulless", and "The Construct".

They are in the "Other (Unavailable)" category.

--Me, the picker of nits
    • Ah cool! I just went by the first post of this thread hehehe had no idea. Thanks for the info :D
    • I also joined after Hell One and Rook's Wood were removed from the game and am currently at 1024.  I've never been to any special 'dev-only' locations or parties.

I am almost 100% sure I saw Le Miserable labeled as Les Miserable II at one point soon after its release, which I attributed to the bug it had when they first launched it (and I had been one of the ones stuck inside before they fixed it).  I checked the other day when I visited and it was back to plain old 'Le Miserable', but this might explain why SchWM, AC2000, and I all seem to have an extra location.
      Posted 12 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Ah,yes! It could be one of the reasons. One of the devs has taken a picture in what looks like a Le Miserable II
      Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I completed Le Miserable last game day, and in the new day credits it showed that I did Le Miserable and Le Miserable II. Le Miserable II starts as you finish the puzzle, before you go into the machine to shrink.

ETA: it's a repeatable Vendor Quest so easy to go and check.
      Posted 12 years ago by Teena Subscriber! | Permalink
    • hmm, but it appears the location remains 'Le Miserable' the whole way through.  so I was probably wrong (which is occasionally known to happen). 
      Posted 12 years ago by Tribeca Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @Tribeca-- I thought I had an extra location, because I didn't know both sides of repeated Winter Walk counted. Now, I'm fine with 1125 (I have everything but old Hell One and Rook's Woods and I'm @ 1123).

AC2k and you have definitely gotten yourselves an extra location, but there are a lot of bugs that affect location IDs (when housing quarters came out, for instance), and only a few players keeping careful track, so it's definitely possible you've been somewhere no one else will ever get to go. :(

--Me
    • + "Soil Appreciation I" quest (location: Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation)
      + "Mental Block" quest (location: Mental Block)
      = 1127
      Posted 12 years ago by E D D I E Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Well, I personally would VERY MUCH like to know how to trigger those two.

--Me
    •  E D D I E, where did the Soil Appreciation I quest come from? I assume from learning Soil Appreciation? 

SchWM, the Mental Block quest was released just recently I think and should be in your quest log. I haven't done the quest yet though.
      Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Not in my Quest Log. I'm running around in the world trying to trigger it.

--Me
    • Hm maybe it's given after you complete some other quests? Not sure which ones though.
    • TomC: I just learned Soil Appreciation I and got the quest. There's a special location for it (like a street, not like the locations for Light Green Thumb, etc.).
      Posted 12 years ago by Worlds Apart Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks for the info, Worlds Apart! I wonder if I would still get the quest even though I already learned Soil Appreciation I, but then unlearning the other skills are re-learning it...
    • I ended up getting Mental Block (for no obvious reason, while I was AFK, so I have no idea what triggered it). Still can't get the Soil Appreciation one to trigger. I've dug a LOT of dirt piles, though.

--Me
    • SchWM, you have to learn Soil Appreciation I the skill to get the quest. This will be difficult for people with that already learned plus most of the skill tree :p
    • TomC-- do we have confirmation that there's no other way to trigger the quest?

Never mind, Kevbob confirmed it on Live Help.

Grr. Argh.

--Me, not looking forward to losing Herbalism / Croppery
    • I got into the EZ Cooking Quest to help a Newb and it did count.  I rose on the Leaderboard to 12!

ETA:  I do think it is unfair because not everyone can get in but I am not willing to give up my place - Lol! 
      Posted 12 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
    • are you saying there is a new location  due to a quest  that only pops up if i unlearn then re learn  soil appreciation one? What a pain in the ass that is :(
      Posted 12 years ago by Misha Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Misha, I don't think it's intentionally meant to be that way, just that there are now some newbie quests for new players. But we can still technically get them, just inconvenient xD
    • Wait, so there is not just Soil one we have to unlearn, there's EZ Cooking too, is that it? I am uber confused right now because I haven't been reading here in a few days haha. All I got was Mental Block XD Haaaalp
    • Yeah so far two known early level quests with new locations.
    • I didn't learn or unlearn anything new (I have all the skills, learned SA1 ages ago, have never unlearned anything ever); those two quests just spontaneously appeared in my quest queue a few days ago.  You could try making urth blocks or something, 'cause, like, soil? blocks? maybe?

*shrug*

Here's some snaps.
    • Ooh, and reminiscing on the conch counts, I think. (Last stage of Esquibeth quest minus conch equals one new location?)  1128.

[Edit: Nope!]
    • Thanks for the snaps, E D D I E. I'm not sure how the conch counts for new location? It just goes back to the same 4 parts from before?
    • Well, I'm thinking the last part, where you get the conch the first time around but not the second time, counts as two separate locations.  My count went up, and that's the only explanation I can think of.  Could use some confirmation though.
    • Yeah, something's fishy. After the 1st hour of the Quest feat, I'd gained a location. It was NOT from Esqui (I'd redone that before), but may well be from redoing Emo Bear (I'd totally forgotten that you could reminisce Emo).

Now, I'm up to 1125, missing Old Hell One and Rook's Woods, and apparently two newbie quests, so the #'s up to 1129?

--Me
    • Hm.  It might've been the emo bear.  I reminisced that around the same time.
    • Ah I have not done Esquibeth at all during the feat but did the Emo Bear for the second time (only today) and my count went up too. Looks like The Greedy Street Spirit second time is different.
    • Okay, I un-learned all of my cooking skills, re-learned e-z cooking, make some stuff with the Knife and Board, and still no new cooking quest for me . . .

And anyway, wasn't there already an EZ Cooking quest (www.glitch-strategy.com/wik...) which all of us must have done way back when?   Is it that there is a replacement EZ Cooking Quest, which those of us which did the original one won't have access to?
      Posted 12 years ago by Leites Subscriber! | Permalink
    • OK, I took a snap the first time I took the The Greedy Street Spirit quest, and one reminiscing it just now. 

Definitely separate locations:
      www.glitch.com/locations/LN...
      www.glitch.com/locations/LI...

The same method seems to confirm that the Esquibeth quest only counts once.

Mystery solved!
    • I got the soil appreciation one out of the blue a week or so ago, it didn't seem to be triggered by anything and I've been all learned up for a while. As I watched the traveller leaderboard it seems that people are gradually getting it on the drip feed from the way I've been creeping back down the rankings since I got it (10th to 21st so far).
      Posted 12 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
    • HOLY EFFING CRAP, I'M NUMBER ONE!!!  (Briefly, until the bugged glitchen catch up, but I sure wasn't expecting it!)

I started at 1128
      + 28 new streets in Ormonos
      + Color Unblocking
      + The Society of Keen-Eyed Noticers
      + Pintura Prosa
      + separate locations for reminiscing Le Miserable, Walk Toward the Light, Mental Block, Radiant Glare, and Color Unblocking with the Play Cube.

Which should come to a total of 1164, but after all that, I'm just at 1162.  I guess it's possible the leaderboard is just being slow or something. We'll see.

Edit: Yep, just slow.  Yay!
    • Very cool, Eddie!   Nice to see some movement at the top of the leader board, it's a long time since we've seen that.
    • + 27 in Lida
      + 20 in Jal
      + 1 in Firozi
      = 1212
    • Thanks for the updated count, E D D I E.

The current max locations is now 1214 with the confirmation of the 3 new basic skill learning quests: A L'il Animal Kinship, Breezy, EZ Cookin', and Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation.
    • So. Tom C
      How do we visit those new places in the new skills quests? I see you have been to 1213, so you must have visited some of them
      Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
    • I haven't gotten any of those quests yet, but they are unlocked when you learn the associated skills, such as after you finish learning EZ Cooking I, you'll get the Breezy, EZ Cookin' quest. This of course will be difficult for players who already learned tons of skills after that on the skill tree. 

E D D I E above got lucky with somehow getting the Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation.without having to relearn the skill though. And Brib was summoned to EZ Cookin' via a Greeter Twig by chance. My extras came from a different version of Hell Bar and an version of a quest.
    • Re: "This of course will be difficult for players who already learned tons of skills after that on the skill tree."  Can anyone confirm it is possible at all, for players in that situation? 

I un-learned all of my cooking skills, re-learned e-z cooking, made some stuff with the Knife and Board, and still no new cooking quest for me . . .  Maybe because I had already done the old quest for EZ cooking, which didn't involve visiting anywhere, but merely cooking some stuff?
    • Wow Leites, thanks for trying that. I am not sure then, but it seems like that's how new players are getting that quest, right after learning EZ Cooking I. I guess your theory might be correct then. But E D D I E managed to get the Soil Appreciation quest, so not sure how it all works.
    • FWIW, I relearned EZ Cooking I too but was not offered the quest.
      Posted 11 years ago by Wrong Way Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Tom, I was at 1201 before Reminiscing all the Quests in my Game Cube.
      I am now at 1206. So it adds 5.
      Since I am missing all the new locations from Newbie Quests (A L'il Animal Kinship, Breezy, EZ Cookin', and Talking 'bout Soil Appreciation = 4) --- (Oh and on that note I might add I had a long discussion with TS about that, and they'll be looking with the Techies about if "older players" should or should not get them from Unlearning Re-Learning btw) and also the 4 Performance Test Locations... Been to Rook Woods, Old Hell, Back Alley, blah blah etc., and never have been in any undisclosed places...
      We can be sure! 1206 + 8 = 1214, 100% confirmed. :D
      Posted 11 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Thanks for the info, Wrong Way and elka! Very cool you asked about the newbie quests, looking forward to a decision on that.
      Posted 11 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Me too. I'm @ 1209 missing old Hell One and Rook's Woods, and unlearning skills like crazy...

--Me
      Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
    • @SchWM if I were you, I wouldn't Unlearn because TS did tell me it was not their intention of offering those Quests to older players. But, that they were unaware that people started Unlearning for that purpose... after that I never got an answer and lots of people here in this thread confirmed that it does not work at the present time.
      Posted 11 years ago by elka Subscriber! | Permalink
    • Eh. Need to unlearn some stuff anyway. Hopefully, it'll help. If not, I'll be a little lighter in the head.

--Me
      Posted 11 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
    1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18