Topic

Item/object menus

I've been playing this on my laptop, which has a godawful trackpad which I'm really incapable of using properly. Because of this, I play the game entire with keyboard and without mouse clicks.

With some of the item and object menus, I often lose the cursor due to menu options I can't use. It might be useful to either miss out the "can't use" options as you scroll through with the arrow keys, or just have the highlight around the box there regardless of whether you can use that command or not.

Another idea for selection in menus, is hitting certain numbers/letters on your keyboard to select options that way. I play a few text based online RP games which use this system. Each option in a menu would have a bolded or underlined letter/number, which when pressed activated that command.

Maybe also the option to customise option order within menus? I know for example within my piggy menu I use mainly "Pet" and "Nibble", so being able to move those to the top of the list and knocking the other options down would be useful.

Posted 14 years ago by faitaru Subscriber! | Permalink