Topic

Street building display and tasks

1) When a player near you is doing something (mining, meditating, cooking), the game shows a bubble above each player to indicate what they are doing. This is helpful as it makes it easy to see whether a player is active or not.

However when streets are being built or upgraded, and lots of people are doing stuff, this bubble display is less helpful and indeed appears to cause at least some of the lag or scalability issues encountered in the last test.

Near street spirits with a project available perhaps show one bubble for each action with a number indicating the players doing that action. This would include people meditating or making food not necessarily directly needed for the project. Either that or do away with the bubbles altogether in this situation and leave the project dialog and percentage indicator to show what's happening.

2) Make sure that items needed to fulfil parts of any project are readily available, and relatively close at hand. The paper needed for one of the projects yesterday made it impossible to complete without staff intervention. This was frustrating. Although group teleporting helped out, the distance between the project and the paper source made it difficult and indeed tedious for individuals to fetch and deliver. This for me was a turn-off and in the end I abandoned the project and went mining instead. I'm not advocating that projects should be easy but a concerted effort by twenty or more individuals should always be able to gather the raw materials needed in a few hours. Advanced skills could still be necessary to finish some of these tasks.

Posted 13 years ago by bluto Subscriber! | Permalink