Topic

More, more, more...

Hi everyone. I'm one of the new testers who got in on the latest open period, so I'm still getting the feel for the game. But after three evenings of gameplay I do have some thoughts--hopefully ones that aren't redundant with other posts in this forum.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the time I've spent in the world of Glitch so far, but (there's always a but)....

on some scale it just feels like an attractive, witty wrapper for Farmville.

From the way the game was pitched from its inception I was expecting something more like Animal Crossing meets Second Life meets Minecraft (minus the zombies).

Some thoughts (though admittedly either redundant, something I haven't yet reached because I'm only level 10, or not a match for the developers' vision):

UGC. Can players design new items, new clothing, new (to take a page from Animal Crossing's book) wallpaper/furniture/home decorations?

New ways to show off/make money/advance in the game. Can we have tag sales out of our houses? Can I become a service provider for hire? (Fix all your tools for cheap? Milk your butterflies for ya?) How about decorate our houses amazingly well (hoping this is a feature that I have'nt yet come across) and then charge admission to see the "inspiration home"? Maybe I'd rather become a wandering merchant and make money that way. Or perhaps I can sell the clothing or patterns for the clothing I designed.

Basically....more flexibility and room to branch out.

Again, these are impressions from a relative newbie. It may be that some of these features exist and are well hidden. It may be that these have been discussed and rejected. But I'd love to see some or all of these things added to a later version of Glitch!

Posted 13 years ago by Binkie Subscriber! | Permalink