Topic

Can we please have some way to arrange/space a wall of SDBs evenly?

I love sdbs, but trying to arrange a huge wall of them and space them evenly is a real pain in the ass.  Can we have a button to do this for us?  or allow an sdb and/or a selected group of them to snap to a relative position so its easy to have them all perfectly spaced out?

another minor quibble is my rugs: I have them where I want them, I dont need the option to move them there all the time.  Cant we lock this stuff down so that in regular gameplay mode you just can *not* move the damn thing?

it would make in house navigation a little easier.

Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • +1 I would love a snap-to-grid option for SDBs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pengwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +10  ... trying to line them up drives me insane.
    Posted 12 years ago by Marla Singer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +38
    Posted 12 years ago by Impspindle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Faux Paws Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yes please,
    re aligning sdbs.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kinkajou Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 on both ideas, if i want to move furniture i can go into decorate mode, never understood, and hate accidentally moving things as well. As for aligning SDB's +1 as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the snapping option. I was thinking of something similar. Y'know how they have the camera zoom in and out with the + and - and then reset with 0? Why not, in design mode, have that control snapping. Like for bigger and smaller grids, so if what you're doing is big and has a lot of space, NP, biggest grids. If you need it all juuuuuust right, tiniest grids available. Because I thought about a grid and the horror came to me that it might be too big or too small for whatever I was doing. Ugh! A grid too big would make it so I couldn't place stuff how I wanted! A grid too small would make me feel like I had to steady my hand and move by mere degrees. So I'd like some options. But even if they just give us a medium grid, I'd be happy. Good idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by Aeden Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + ∞
    For both ideas.
    It would be WONDERFUL if this was done!
    Posted 12 years ago by Rue Bird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Awesome idea.  Please, please, please.  As long as the grid doesn't place the SDB too far apart. :>
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An adjustable grid for all sorts of item placement would be heavenly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Hrulgin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pleeeeeease?
    Posted 12 years ago by Aliera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by SchWM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by zebedy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Luxy Motive Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11
    Posted 12 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    I can't believe no one has asked for this before!

But, I do find it not too bad if, when in decor mode, I scroll up or down a bit to place the sdbs near a straight line, then level them up in comparison with that line (line being the top of my glitch game window).

Still, I would love something like this!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +11111
    Posted 12 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +Addlepated.
    Posted 12 years ago by Addlepated Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Earthquakes would be cool, so that no matter how perfectly you thought you had everything set. . . every. . . once . . . in awhile!

Well, you know...
    Posted 12 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + 1 gazillion
    Posted 12 years ago by Yiechang Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Berke Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1. I would love some kind of horizontal alignment method... opt-in, of course, for the people who are doing SDB art installations or have other reasons for not wanting a plain horizontal/vertical grid.
    Posted 12 years ago by Twotone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +117171737456763745686584657
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 12 years ago by Sutton Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
    I

L
    O
    V
    E

I
    T
    !
    Posted 12 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 yes yes yes
    Posted 12 years ago by Aira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was just searching to see if this idea had already been posted as it seems like the type of "quality of life" thing that other people would see the need/want for. :P

Really, it'd be nice to have a toggle that would let you enable a grid/mesh on a surface (wall, floor, whatever) with a "snap to grid" option that could also be toggled. Alternately (or additionally), being able to select something and 'nudge' its placement with arrow keys, would be nice (haven't seen a way to do this, so apologies if it is already there). While not a full on alternative aligning/snapping something on a grid, it would still allow for more consistent alignment of things.
    Posted 12 years ago by Synaes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would also like to be able to select and move multiple SDBs at one time
    Posted 12 years ago by RainCat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • God, yes, please. I have so many of the silly things and rearrange them so often that I simply do not have the patience to go the "replace wallpaper, zoom in, squint a lot and try to get them aligned like that" route.
    Posted 12 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for all the comments folks, I just thought this would be a big help to anyone who has taken time (and at times too much of it) to make their house/tower look nice, when it should be as simple as a few clicks.

Id like to select a number of SDBs and just space them out easily, I have a couple of walls of them now and they all are a pain in the butt to arrange and make look even.  And they arent, lol.

Also this might allow for an SDB to move back to its assigned place when you accidentally grab it when trying to remove an object, Ive done that plenty of times and it makes the whole wall look out of whack.
  • Not to drift too far from the original idea, but this seems like it could be made into a form of game play. By this I mean these things could be a skill. Something like "Interior Decoration". Level 1 might allow snap to grid, level 2 might allow various spacing options, and level 3 might allow for defining patterns of furniture (SDBs in a triangle pattern, one click after setting the pattern once). The pattern idea opens up the option for decorating for other players who don't want to or would rather train the skills. I mean, otherwise, a pattern would only be useful a few times generally so not sure it'd have any real long term value as a skill.

As a disclaimer: Those are just three random ideas for skill+level and not really meant as specific implementation ideas. Just some quick thoughts after reading elf's response.. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Synaes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Theres been atleast 1 other thread about this, I suggested the idea of SDB racks, preferably in various designs for different arrangements and styles, this would be an easy way to make them even, and would have the plus of both making ts some money via upgrades, and looking cool. If it's not clear what I'm saying I basically mean a wallmounted or set on the floor unit that would hold a certain amount of SDBs. Like a multi-SDB so you can SDB your multiple SDBs.

Edit: I'd also be happy with the grid alignment option, if that wasn't clear, or both even, because if these were wallmounted, I'd still want to be able to align them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Grupletruge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whatever happened to the suggestion of a free gridded wallpaper that we could use for positioning? That seems like the easiest, quickest, most painless (no programming required) solution.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [][][][][]
    [][][][][]
    [][][][][]
    ^ THAT is how straight my SDB's should be, dammit!
    Posted 12 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +111111111111111111111111111111111
    Any type of grid would be perfect, I love this idea.
    Posted 12 years ago by ₰ℓ№ʀ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, yes, yes.  If things on your street/backyard have to fit in certain spaces, can't walls be able to have rigid placement areas too?
    Posted 12 years ago by Moose J Finklestein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope TS realizes the importance of this suggestion to their core demographic of obsessive compulsives.  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Kleb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OMG, please!?!  I don't want gridded wallpaper as it will still be hard to make them even.  What I want are SDBs that optionally snap so their tops are even and the sides touch, or so the sides are even and the tops touch.  An "align to nearby SDB" action when you put an SDB on the wall next to another one is how I'd like to see this implemented. Powerpoint can do it, certainly Glitch can!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Still a great idea
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Come on stoot and co. help make the homes of Ur a little more organized.... 

it drives me crazy to see my sdbs all uneven n stuff..ok I mean more crazy, but still..
  • Well thats a good idea. For now, we can just lower our mouse sensitivity...
    Posted 12 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 !

Although I wonder how this would work for people who have more than one style of sdb on their walls... not all sdbs are that basic 'square' shape, so if there was a grid and someone tried to put, say, the purply img-shaped sdb on the wall, would it overlap others? underlap? take up too much space? but that's just a minor thought. Overall, a snap-to function would be great b^__^
    Posted 12 years ago by SannaSK Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪ blackbird ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 12 years ago by Nyx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 please & thank you!
    Posted 12 years ago by Glorificus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You can use the "Orange Tiles" wallpaper as a grid... try it out in decoration mode, move your stuff around, and then cancel the purchase, if you don't want to keep the paper.
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! We need this. I feel like stopping and nudging my boxes around whenever I run through my house, it drives me crazy that I can't get them perfectly aligned.

Thanks for the tip Glum.
    Posted 12 years ago by Terribelle Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2