Topic

"Are you sure" buttons should default to 'No'.

Some of us get a little "Enter Happy" especially when Chickens are involved. Occasionally this gets us a bit too close to Shrines, and we spend all the favour we've been slowly building up on speed learning a skill we didn't really need to speed up... I'd love to see the default for any 'Are you sure you want to do this' style buttons set to No to avoid this happening. By all means make it keyboard controllable, but require a Y or something.

Posted 12 years ago by Itsumishi Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• That's an awesome idea. That's been driving me crazy since day 2.
  • Itsumishi...I just laughed aloud at your reply to yourself. Nice one!

I've never accidentally spent favour that I can recall, but I have inadvertently teleported (long story).

A 'no' default as you suggest is a good idea. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glad you found the response amusing Voluptua!
  • Arrhhh.. I still keep doing this! I also keep feeding pigs all of my Allspice! Please make Enter default to NO whenever spending Favour or Goods, etc is concerned.
    Posted 11 years ago by Itsumishi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was learning to fish, and I was quickly pressing the enter key. Before I knew it, I told the game to block another person. Ooops.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tarj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 idea! In most programming interface circles, making destructive or costly decisions always require confirmation and the default confirmation is "no."
    Posted 11 years ago by Scooter ModLibber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • As a fellow enter-spammer who has fed piggies allspice and donated my alchemical tongs more often than I care to admit, I support this!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd probably rather it stay as it is and you take more care... this might sound like a good idea but it might also make things that you do a lot of the time with no thought more annoying. 
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It should be made so it automatically defaults to the "Cancel Button" for things that require using your own items (feeding piggies and donating, for example, so that the selected item is "Cancel" when you're on the selection screen for which food to feed), and have no default for spending favor points with shrines, so you would have to click on "Spend Favor Points" instead of using the keyboard.
    Posted 11 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink