Topic

Draw on AFK player's faces

You know when your friends pass out drunk and you write on their face with markers?  It would be hilarious to be able to do that to AFK players.  I'd love to come back from AFK to find someone had scribbled a large moustache and sideburns on my Glitch.

Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Aweeeeessome idea.
    +1
    We'd need some way to scrub it off though. Perhaps with the assistance of a watering can+cloth, or choose to wait for it to fade.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ugh.  No.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does that mean we'd need a new JigglyPuff Music Block?
    Posted 12 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink

it's not funny IRL and it wouldn't be funny in glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the best idea ever posted
    Posted 12 years ago by Guts Duodenum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, thank you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Trixie Leitz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That'd be funny ;D
    Posted 12 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 yes plzzzzzzz :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Zolom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • haha sure.    Only friends should be allowed to do it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea but it seems others really don't! Perhaps we could have an option to allow people to do it so that those who don't like it aren't bothered :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • + 1 to this idea and + 1 to Montooli's idea to let it be opt-in. Personally I'd even doodle on my Glitch's face if I could.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sarabanda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • add badges for getting scrawled up by strangers and watch the haters vacate
  • I was coming here to post this exact idea. I've had someone sleeping in my tower for two days straight and I was just thinking it would be hilarious if I could doodle on her.
    Posted 12 years ago by Reida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I think this is hilarious and oddly appropriate for Glitch. Yes please.

Add some Achievements to it and it would be even more popular. However, the badges should only be for the Artist, not the "victim" - otherwise we'd have mobs of AFKers trying to "earn badges." Conversely, we wouldn't have to worry about people intentionally going AFK to help other people get their drawing badges - there are enough AFK glitches as is.
    Posted 12 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • while we're at it, add a 'deface' option to graves that grants the dead a drink ticket, but doesn't give the vandal favor.  pointless, but who could resist the temptation?
  • I'm guessing the people who don't like this idea have had it done to them in real life before.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This idea has been posted a few times over the past year. I didn't love it then and I don't love it now - just seems too griefy (and no, this hasnt happened to me IRL). Even if it was opt-in, I don't quite see how that would work or whether it would be worth the effort all in all.
    Posted 12 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or we just think it's a dick move and unfunny.

If you must indulge your inner jackass, planks are cheap.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 idea
    +1 jigglypuff musicblock xD

for who is against, don't fear, the marker would come out with some washing :3 (or after a dive in Jal)
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omg, this is hilarious.

it's the pass out with your boots on rule! (if you remember to take your shoes off IRL, your face is off limits. so in glitch, if you remembered to go home first, you'd be off limits.)

with the option to easily wash this off, and also a set list of things to draw (so people aren't just writing 'penis' on everyone) i think this would be funny, i don't know why people get so uptight.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, no I dont think this is a good idea either, it's like splanking people who don't want to be splanked, we cant opt in and out of that so whats different about this, It's rude and obnoxious, I would like it if some drew on my face while I was Afk then defaced a grave, (thats bad in real life never mind in glitch)
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't harass me while I sleep!
    Posted 11 years ago by Tarj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

Glitch needs more fun mischief. It's nice to remember not to take things too seriously sometimes. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1 This would promote griefing....so just no.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • hell yes!
    Posted 11 years ago by Hua Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1, only if it disappears as soon as the "victim" moves. If that's the case, I don't see what the problem would be exactly, but apparently some people would take it rather personally?

I think it's a great idea :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Bradamus Prime Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Yes. Excellent idea. Goes away like 10 or fifteen seconds after returning from AFK, loads of fun.
    Posted 11 years ago by Richard Biscuit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for an opt in/opt out option or making it very short term.
    Posted 11 years ago by Noxling Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1 Promotes griefing and doesn't seem like it'd fit in the whole Glitch theme.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe if the graffiti were limited to certain pre-determined things instead of freehand drawing the "griefing" would be minimal.

Click on your quill, drag it on a player gives you "give" or "draw". Draw gives you "moustache" "bunny ears" "Groucho glasses" "devil's tail" "fangs".

Then they disappear after returning from AFK.
    Posted 11 years ago by Colette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 yes, great idea! But people should be able to choose if they want it or not. (:

adit: LOVE your idea Colette!
    Posted 11 years ago by Asuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 If you can choose not to have it done I dont see what the problem is. I would choose to have it done. i'd love to wake up with bunny ears.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1  Generally all or nothing ideas work and function best. Often with opt in events ppl not participating are questioned as to WHY....i am speaking in generalities of course... but at any rate ppl do get questioned and ppl do get offended by non participants....so yet again there is a griefing aspect to this. Some things shouldn't be done simply because a person thinks they would be "cool" with little thought as to how it would divide or affect the community. What should be done is cool and neat ideas that 90%+ would think are cool, are NOT harmful , nor divide the community and in fact add to it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 This would be so much fun!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Finley Linker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +111111111
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How about an option to balance fruit or vegetables on their head?  Each Glitch can add one item. When they wake up, it all falls down and everyone laughs
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^lal corin, that's a nice idea too xD
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink