Topic

Vending Machines

One of my biggest issues with going into towers is the fact that a few people take it as their responsibility to display EVERY item in game.  This is fine, until you're forced to refresh the game after every tower.

Essentially a vending machine would function as a combination of an SDB and a cabinet.  This way, you wouldn't get bombarded by a ton of stuff the moment you step foot into a tower and it would make it easier to group similar items in a small area, leaving room for decoration.

Posted 11 years ago by MrSchism Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• i don't really understand the first part of your post, but a vending machine would be cool, esp for things like keys, the cards to the places like radial heights, etc.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The first part is mostly regarding the people who fill EVERY floor of their tower with SDBs, thus causing a progressively worsening lag to build up until you refresh the game.  By replacing those SDBs with (ideally nameable) vending machines, we can cut down on that lag fest considerably.
  •  I have worse lag in towers that are heavy with furniture Vs. those heavy with SDB's only. So I'm not really sure if this would really solve any lag issues with towers.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • huh, i've never had that problem, but then, an added bonus for those that do for sure :)
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • By using Vending Machines, it would limit floor space that they can scatter objects.
  • www.glitch.com/snaps/PCR4ON...
    Posted 11 years ago by Letter Jeigh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the Vending Machine idea is great, but not for the purpose you are thinking of. Maybe we could have it on some locations on the map, to buy drinks and eatables. We could also have those to buy tickets or upgrade cards.

I personally love vending machines, and if a big variety Soft Drinks were created on the game, it would be lovely to buy them from Vending Machines located on different places on the map (:
    Posted 11 years ago by Asuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Letter Jeigh - omfg i love that. cute!!

anyway yeah i lag a lot too. it takes forever for things to load and for me to move.
    Posted 11 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And here I am, once again, putting in a vote for letting us acquire a Home Street Spirit, who could act as a vendor for buying and selling stuffs.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or maybe add to the API the number of objects in the tower so a "clutter factor" could be shown in Glitch Remote or the game UI. (Those with slow machines could avoid cluttered towers and those who are interested in complex decorating could seek them out.)

Of course, the best thing would be for TS to do some work on flushing unused objects from memory, but asking for work on performance seems to just result in the excuse that "it's a Flash problem."
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure this would work very well, people would still have to use the vending machines for it to make a difference! I bet lots of people would prefer to just stick with SDBs :P

I like the idea of vending machines though :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink