Topic

Butler wisdom .. or not!

Not keen on having to do this, but was told in Live Chat if I wanted to suggest a change I have to do this:

Currently if you have  "butlery wisdom" turned on = you  get "hints" about: visit forums, the encyclopaedia, change your clothes/appearance, etc, .. but it also means that is how you  get notified about rook attacks and feats (and other stuff, I have still to discover) – no matter which level you are.  I have been playing for a while, so I do not need "hints" about finding forums, vanity, etc., so here are my suggestions for some changes:

1. "butlery wisdom" is "on" and unchangeable until you reach lvl X; having reached that level you can:

2. a choose to retain it, some enjoy it, so why mess with it, or
2.b . get the option to opt out after reaching lvl X , and just get the "breaking news".

I know this is not perfect, and of course I would like to know what is going on right now, but I do not appreciate the, for me, very old  hints – so an “opt out” “somehow” would be nice.

And just for the record: I do not have the skills yet to do anything about rook attacks so cannot participate and feats most often occur when I do not play, so no, it is not about – for me, it is just about leaving out the butler “hints” about stuff I already know.

Posted 11 years ago by Lellie Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I think this sounds like a good idea, I would like to get butler wisdom if it wasn't such simple stuff!

Quick question, how do you not have the skills to do anything about rook attacks? You have almost every skill and you're a high level!
    Posted 11 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lellie wrote: I do not have the skills yet to do anything about rook attacks

No skill required. You can still add your 'power' to someone elses orb. And donate, donate , donate at the appropriate time
    Posted 11 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There should be a distinction between butler wisdom (an oxymoron really) and butler gossip. 
    Posted 11 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ha!  I wouldn't mind the tips, mine insults me by telling me that I am behind with the group quests and perhaps I need some friends.

Signed

Parsley-no-mates
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink