Topic

Ability to create Resource Route maps for oneself in Ur, rather than Home Streets

Sorry, this idea doesn't boil down to something snappy.  I'm kind of geographically inept, IRL as well as in-game, and I would love to be able to build myself a "map route" that would take me through specific areas or streets without constantly opening/checking the map.

Example:  I'd like to start out in Kalavana, move on through Chakra Phool and then up into Groddle Forest and down to Ix, thence to Ilmenskie, harvesting as I go along.  I think it would be neat to be able to build a long route (or even several shorter ones) that would give me the GPS directions to the streets I've chosen within Ur so that I don't wind up in Folivoria instead.

(Yes, I could go bookmark various Housing Resource Routes instead, of course, but I do enjoy running around Ur itself.)

Posted 11 years ago by Lassarina Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• are you saying something like a favorite Ur streets list, which you can quickly choose as GPS destinations? (making your route by choosing each time the next destination)

or manually selecting the streets you want to be part of your Ur route?
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like this idea.

It will probably be easiest to set it up as a sequential set of destinations rather than listing each street. Like, say I wanted to go through all of Ilmenski Deeps, starting with Arjun Plunge and ending with Devi Drape. I'd tell it the following set of destinations:

- Arjun Plunge
    - Janagi Elations
    - Churni Sanctum
    - Tharon Spelunk
    - Churni Sanctum
    - Amant Kudos
    - maybe Sarda Rap - I don't remember whether Kosi Arcana connects to Amant Kudos to make that the quicker route
    - Devi Drape

Each time I came to one of those, it would automatically set my destination to the next one on the list, so I don't have to refer back to my travel plan and set it myself.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adelene Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zean - the latter.

Adelene - Yes, like that, exactly!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lassarina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to a feature that allows setting up a route in the in-game GPS through the API

This is the main missing feature that sites like Glitch Atlas would need to be able to set up custom tours that took you through the world based on criteria other than shortest distance,.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink