Topic

Sparse Ideas on the street vendor only items

Beer, Honey, Olive Oil and other materials are still only found in vendors. So hell, why not just drop a couple of lines on hypothetical ways to gather these resources?
Stating with

Olive Oil - So there isn't much you can make Olive Oil out of if not Olives (unless you want to make olive-coloured oils out of pocket salmons and rubeweed? That's Plan B) And where do you find these olives? Pierced in a Party Porcupine's Quills of course. You shouldn't try and pet these animals, but feeding them Alchoolics sounds like a good idea (Exactly like every terrible idea) to buy you enough time to gather these green seeds to plant and grow into oily trees to harvest as you like. 
HAH, NOPE! You're going to work hard for your oil, you are going to need two steps of compression to transform these hollow green pieces into oil. The pulp is also great to cover your face in.

Honey - Ants obviously make the best Honey in Ur. No contest. You can find some in every little newly discovered Anthill. It's not an easy to wrestle it out of the greedy Ants, Meditative Arts will aid anyone in the collection of the sweet nectar. Of course there are other ways to reach the sticky gold, like pouring some Sauce for the ants to feast on, send them Fake Eviction Notices (a skilled glitch in bureaucratic arts with a steady hand should have no problems with that), Or make a Tiny Antmusement Park. Ants may have short attention spans, but their memory will prevent you from fooling them twice a day. Maybe.

Beer - Oh come ON! Beer is really just Alcohol and Bubbles. And Grain. And Time spent inside a Fermentation Unit. You know, like the one you can make Old Wine and Time Traveling Drinks out of. Not ringing a Bell?

Birch Syrup - I really wonder if there are Birch Flavoured Butterflies you can extract this from. Obviously even an expert butterfly handler will have a really hard time trying to squeeze the syrup out with some Butterfly Lotion. You should be able to turn that Sticky Syrup into shape if you are trained in Saucery.  (I don't like this idea, but i wrote it up so i am not deleting it now)

Edit: Lousy HTML destroying my non-existant humor. I hate you.

Posted 11 years ago by ParrotParrot Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +1

Ever since the release of harvestable Salmon and Ice, I've been hoping they'd give other items a makeover too. Especially beer... I've always wondered why that one isn't creatable with the Distiller. I mean, come on... a home-brewing kit would be wonderful. Just saying. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you don't like the Birch Syrup idea, perhaps it could be a drop from wood trees when you pet them if you have a high enough Arborology skill (let the innuendo commence).

Alternatively, perhaps you could distill Birch Syrup from planks using the Still.
    Posted 11 years ago by Shogo_Yahagi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, this idea thread of mine has an idea to get olives as well... trees, but they only grow in a certain region. You don't have to click the thread, I'm just pointing it out.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink