Topic

Hives for Honey?

Me and some other people thought it would be a cool idea to be able to have hives or something of the sort for honey, like the fireflys, for convinience of getting honey and the fun of bee keeping, and you could even have to get a suit to bee keep, or get stung and lose mood- anything of the sort:) please consider this! thanks:)

Posted 11 years ago by Scatha Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Love this idea!  +100

It could even be a new skill to learn or part of an animal skill.  Possibilities could include collecting pollen from flowers around the world to put into the bee hive to make the honey.  All sorts of cool ideas.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1000000000000000000000000
    Love it! but the bee suit will have to be free so everyone can get it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sad Pollen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yes, or a quest to earn it:D
    Posted 11 years ago by Scatha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • so many honey threads :u
    Honey... Trees
    Beehive
    beeeeeees!

Honey Badger Don't Care
    Instead of bees.... Honey badgers!
    http://www.glitch.com/forum/ideas/28916/
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you Zean for summarizing all prior honey posts.
    I had been about to do that.

<fistbump>
    Posted 11 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^there are much more, those were only the ones i had looked up for an other thread about honey some days ago.. (^_^)/)

anyway i'm eager too to have all the vendor groceries having a resource or a crafting method
    about hives/bees making honey, someone/somewhere noticed since we've milk from butterflies, grain from chickens and screws from sloths, it would be interesting to have something totally unrelated as resource for honey
    even if, using fireflies is probably the simplest way, which wouldn't require to add a new resource
  • I thought salmen were supposed to be that new source for honey? It's certainly all I've gotten in boots. Maybe we need to have a learnable skill that lets us "train" fireflies to make honey. It only comes from fireflies that have a hive, not wild fireflies.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i've got other groceries from boots, also honey, but boots seems to be rarer than salmons, at least, i find boots rarely :/ it's not really a reliable source