Topic

I'd like to plant an iMG tree to share my spare iMG with other glitchen

I'm at the point in the game where I have a lot of spare iMG. I'd love to share it, but can't. It seems very much in the spirit of Glitch to do some something to enable sharing.

I'd like to be able to spend a massive amount of iMG (say 1,000,000) to plant an iMG tree in my street. Other Glitch can harvest once a day, and get an amount of iMG for their harvest (say the amount they get from a Qurazy Quoin) and once the million is used up the tree dies.

Ideally, upon death it would transform into a beautiful butterfly and flutter off, but ending up as a stump to be chopped would be ok ;)

Edit: Ooh. Nice suggestions. My favourite amendments are the possibility to charge it up with more iMG, and the idea of a fountain of iMG instead of a tree. Thanks all.

Posted 11 years ago by Artistech Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I think this is a wonderful idea - I am only (just) level 50 and have tons of iMG to spare ... it would be great to be able to share :)
    Posted 11 years ago by ZedZee the Forlorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I *love* this idea....you could stock the tree with iMG in million iMG increments, and it'd get bigger depending upon how much you donate to it.  TS could code it to limit 5 Imagination Tree harvests per day.

There could also be a badge for 17, 59, 1009, and 10,001 unique players who harvest from your tree.  :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is an awesome idea! Everybody has talked about wanting to do something with their iMG, but this is the best idea I've seen. :D And I love the ideas that FE had too, like the limits and the badges.
    Posted 11 years ago by Taztaboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Brilliant.  I love it.  Wouldn't even bother me if the harvests were much smaller, or if spending a million imagination on the tree only gave, say 500,000 to be shared to visitors--I would still want to do this when I reach the "excess iMG" stage you're at (which won't be long now, as I've got a tower and maxed quoin multiplier and brain capacity).
    Posted 11 years ago by Don Monkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 11 years ago by ♪ blackbird ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea!! Once I get my last brain capacity card I'll be racking up iMG from my daily actions and have nothing to spend it on, and this would be great! It's also a great way to give a small boost to newer players or players looking for a bump for their upgrades or expansions!
    Posted 11 years ago by beBlueberry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1

I'm not even close to that point in my Glitchen development, but I love this idea! I think it's a great way to share your wealth (img wealth, at least).
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 frum me
    Posted 11 years ago by max_champlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 - I agree, probably the best of the 'use up extra iMG' ideas I've seen!  It would need some sort of limit on the harvester per day.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! Totally awesome! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can see where this could really work!!  Its an awesome idea!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Tat2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I have so, so much extra img.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sally Slingshot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 its a really good idea for those with lots of img with nothing to spend it on and also a great way to help noobies and lower players 
    Posted 11 years ago by Miki Takahashi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's a nice idea, I would like to see this as something other than a tree though.

Maybe a light show or puppet show, or fountain. or all three an object that could have it's style changed.
    Posted 11 years ago by Soltanis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay! Very much appreciate support, lovely Glitch people :)

Also, being able to donate more iMG to keep alive very much a +1 from me.
    Posted 11 years ago by Artistech Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lovely idea! Spread the love! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Vic Wu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 this is a great idea for an img sink
    Posted 11 years ago by Zean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love this idea. And sort of reminds me of planting a money tree like you do in Animal Crossing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Sisterly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am kinda undecided on this one - I would love something like this to be implemented because its a great way of sharing and helping others - However what I do not like about it is that it sounds like you would have to sacrifice another resource point for it.

If this is something that you can possibly grow just behind your magic rock - Then +1, that would be amazing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1, a good sink and yet another reason to socialize.
    Posted 11 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 - excellent idea.  failing that, perhaps a way to convert iMG to currants, coz those we can at least give out to other people.
    Posted 11 years ago by FineousFingers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, please. :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like this. So what if it takes up a resource point? You should sacrifice that point out of the goodness of your heart to share iMG.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! The best idea I have seen for spare iMG!
    Posted 11 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Would love this! Even if other img sinks are introduced in game, I'd happily dedicate a huge chunk of img to this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be really cool if we could plant those trees in Ur! They'd be poison-resistant, and have a lifespan of one million imagination (they would cost the same), but when they are completely harvested, the person that planted them would get a large petrified rock! Or a couple of them, since one million is a lot of imagination. Or we could turn imagination to currants with those trees.
    Posted 11 years ago by Electric Wizard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Love this idea!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ancale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Great idea! I like Soltanis' suggestion of it being a fountain though instead of a tree. We have enough trees in Ur. "Drinking" from the Fountain of Img would be great though.
    Posted 11 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I agree to the fountain rather than a tree but either would be great :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1  good idea!
    Posted 11 years ago by Sare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes! Brilliant idea. I would love to be able to give other Glitches iMG
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An img tree - I love it, it rhymes, no brainer.
    Posted 11 years ago by Slippy (Throb) Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Reida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kurtie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a really good idea! Total Support!
    Posted 11 years ago by Syramoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just want to +1 this one again. Even though I saw this 3 days ago, I still can't stop thinking about how awesome this will be to have. ^^
    Posted 11 years ago by Fawnie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Ace of imagination - out of the goodness of your heart you should give up a resource point for an iMG tree? lol

The resources on home streets are public - its not for me that I want to keep all my resources in place, its for my visitors, I am pretty sure that the people who visit me would rather walk away with iMG and 14x80 planks too.

You could say that out of the goodness of their hearts, the people who have accumulated millions of iMG could of converted it all into tickets and given them away all along - sure it would of cost them to time to do so but its still plausible, right? 

Even if it does mean that I would have to remove one of my wood tree's to do this, I probably would if I had stupid amounts of iMG that I could not spend - But there is no harm in something like this being implemented somewhere on my street that is not already in use is there?
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe it's a placeable item that can be stylized as a potted tree/large plant, puppet/light show/ fountain, etc. then it doesn't use up a resource spot and is rechargeable, like the animal feeders. You can purchase it with currants and its yours forever to refill indefinitely.
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i love the "fountain of img" idea - so cool! i'm not at the point of having extra, but if & when i am i would totally have one of these.

i like the idea of maybe being able to jump in and get a random showering of img :D
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink