Topic

Cooperative Crafting

I think it'd be pretty neat if there was a way for two (or more?) glitchen to work together to craft things - particularly things that can only be made by having multiple skills, like the high-level tinkering recipes.

I'm thinking that the basic setup would be for there to be a new item in the menu that comes up when you click on a glitch, "craft together". Doing this brings up a window a bit like the project window, with a spot for either player to drag a tool into it. In the basic setup, this will then bring up a menu of all the recipes that either glitch knows for that tool (not the recipes that could be unlocked with both their skills, yet). One player selects a recipe, and then both of them can contribute items and work units (if they have the right skills) to it. Once all the components are accounted for, both players have to agree who the resulting items go to (ideally, there would be an option to craft multiple items and split them between the participants, but having everything go to one player is okay, and if even that is too complex, having the crafted items appear on the ground between the avatars would also work) before the crafting actually happens.

The above would be available to any player; the ability to combine skills to unlock new recipes would be based on a new skill (or maybe an upgrade, but it feels like a skill to me) that would probably be called "Cooperative Crafting", which both glitchen would need to have in order to use it.

Posted 11 years ago by Adelene Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies