Topic

The ability to use snapped images in picture frames in game.

Me and my sweety recently took a great picture, I want it on the wall in a frame in my house or tower or someplace when I'm walking by I can enjoy it.

Posted 11 years ago by Urse Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• +++++11111 trillion This has been suggested before and it is a great idea! 
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm pretty sure Stoot said we would have this. I agree it will be great fun!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I want this AND the ability to upload images into frames AND bigger frames :3 
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1!
    Posted 11 years ago by Lindy Hop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • AHHH I KEEP FORGOTTING TO SUGGEST THIS.

Also, can you add this to your post? That frames should be able to come in several shapes in sizes? Not sure if it'll be as much seen in this reply.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • omg i love this ideA???? +1
    Posted 11 years ago by menthia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, please! I've been to several places where people have tried to create art galleries or museums and been very creative within the limitations, but this would allow people to develop genuine art galleries and records of exploration etc in their towers, making them into useful resources beyond being department stores. (The autumn reminiscence inspired me to a kind of short story in picture/cartoon form and I'd love to display that in my tower.)

I think it'd also be handy to have the frame be able to hold notes -- so that people wanting to put up poetry or written descriptions of 'exhibits' can hang those on the wall rather than having a forest of note-poles. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jenny Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And frames should be free upgrades--not credit or "free for subscribers".
    Posted 11 years ago by Berry Goode Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1. I was just thinking exactly the same thing :-)

Also +1 to different shapes and sizes, and different frame designs, although I would expect, like all furniture, a mix of free and non-free, subscriber and non-subscriber.

Snaps that have been put in a picture frame should ideally be marked as such on the snap page. If there could be link to the location page for wherever each frame is displayed, so much the better.

Not sure how the interface for snap selection should work, but for ease of choosing other people's photos as well as your own, I think you'd want a button on the snap page, similar to the like button. 

To solve the problem of how to choose which frame to put the snap in, it could be a two-step process. The button is to create a printed 'photo' in your bags, which can be attached to/removed from a photo frame in the same way that notes are attached to/removed from note poles. In fact, with photos as separate objects, they could be dropped on the ground, given etc. like notes too, and provide a link back to the snap page when 'read'.

Perhaps photo creation should require that you have some photographic paper, made from paper, lemene (or some new compound with lotsa sparkly and equal amounts of r g b) and eggs, with the camera (in Soviet Ur camera spits out unused film) as the crafting tool. No doubt there should be an upgrade card involved before you can make prints.
    Posted 11 years ago by Woggle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Should have ability to use snaps as wallpaper as well!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Twinkle Star Subscriber! | Permalink
  • this has been posted before but i will +1 it here too - i want to be able to display my snaps and also to buy prints of others!  we could display/sell in tower museum floors :D (or maybe also even send postcards!)
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1! I really hope they can get this in the game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink