Topic

Make (Wall) Decorate Mode SMARTER

Hello, TS. I love decorating and playing around with swatches and furniture and seeing what I come up with. Let me tell you your decorate mode is horrible (sorry, I love you guys, but it really is) when compared to other games. Here are some ideas to make it much better:

1. UNDO (and Redo) Button. Please, I can't tell you how many times I have indadvertedly moved a wall swatch and BOOM suddenly the whole wall is a new swatch, I just intended to place in a corner somewhere. Please add this. 

2. The need to use this would be less needed if you improved the way wall swatch placement works. In a game like The Sims for example, you can hit "Shift" if you want the swatch to cover the whole area, otherwise it will always cover just one tile. In Glitch, its more of a Luck of the Draw game, wiggle your mouse on the wall a bit and hope to Alph it does what you want it to do. Can we implement something like this? Key + Click to cover a whole area, default is one tile? 

3. Make it a little bit more intuitive, again, in The Sims, when you place a swatch on a wall that was previously decorated, it assumes you're replacing the swatch underneath. For example, if I have half a floor decorated in "Violet Voyage" and the rest in "Dark Uralia", say I want to switch the "Dark Uralia" part to the latest design, the "8-bit" ones. If I want to replace the "Dark Uralia" wall swatch, I have to -very carefully- drop down each "8-bit" swatch one by one on the wall until its fully replaced. Most games will simply detect the swatch underneath covers from point A to B and assume you are trying to replace that area only and a simple "Shift + click" allows you to cover the whole wall if that is your intention. (and a simple jiggle of the mouse like now, would allow you to do just one swatch)

4. Can we also do this for floors and ceilings? It would be nice to have things sectioned off. 

5. Last but not least, we need a Snap-to-grid option! 

Thanks for listening TS if you read this!

Posted 11 years ago by Juniparr Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I would like the idea of floors and ceilings been sectioned of, I like that very much, I do think an undo and redo button would be necessary and useful and I agree it should be easier to place single wall tiles.

so +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 for snap to grid 

+1 for floor and ceiling sections 
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to all, but especially snap to grid!
    Posted 11 years ago by Cadmium Blue Subscriber! | Permalink