Topic

Greedy Glitchens...Gift Stick idea : )

I keep hearing that Glitchens put out a pile of free/unneeded items on their home street, only to have it all taken at once. People can be greedy lets face it. What if we had a 'Gift Stick' (like the pig/chicken/butterfly sticks we have); that we could pile items beneath and the stick would allow only one item from beneath the stick to be picked up per Glitch, per day?
The butler can hold a limited amount of just one item to give your visitors yes, but we're still left with a 'pile' of stuff others might need.
Just an idea.

Posted 11 years ago by Pixil Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I like this.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like it too! As long as when kind glitches who do not own the stick decide to drop goodies, they instantly become part of the items that are influenced by the stick!
    Posted 11 years ago by Potian Dragoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 or gift tree or gift and iMG tree (that was on another ideas post)
    Posted 11 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the gift-stick/gift tree idea. I am so sad when I go to sleep to a free pile that's overflowing with goodies only to find it totally raided when I wake up, since I'm the one doing most of the filling of it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Faoirún Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Cute idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 I'd find an item like this super useful.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +many, many millions of pluses - a google of pluses. I think this would be perfect. If it could come about sooner rather than later, it would be even better!
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's sad that we would need something like this, but sure, i'd be for it. i always wonder when i end up at someone on the freebie jeebie's route with nothing to offer if someone has taken it all.

i would say though, if someone leaves something, it does not become part of the pile until they leave the street, in case someone drops the wrong item by accident or whatever. it might also be nice to set a number - like i'd be okay for people taking up to 3 items. much like we can set the radius for an animal stick, we could put a quantity on the gift stick.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like this idea!  It's sad to see exchange piles looted and sometimes the people who had them giving up on them...  (It's a problem with public gardens, too, but that's a whole other topic.)
    Posted 11 years ago by LinnesetFox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 sounds awesome! It would also be great for parties. I found in the latest party in glitch that I went to people were very greedy. I was making food and they picked it up as fast as possible. I felt bad and left.
    Posted 11 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • smart.
    Posted 11 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes if you have a pile, it does get wiped out...even though the sign says... take some/leave some or something along those lines. But on the same note it is there to take. There is the added problem that anything put on the ground is always free to take, (aside from the few locked down items)nomatter whether its home street or Ur., so not really sure if this can be done, were not talking a few select items were talking most and many items. I'm for this as long as the quantity is adjustable
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I would absolutely love to see something like this for home streets!!  Sharing is awesome and mechanisms that help promote that make me happy :)

Instead of a stick, where visually it may be hard for a visitor to see if an item was in the pile or not, I'd like to see a box or something else that clearly contains the items.  Maybe an umbrella or mushroom where the top extends out over the pile.
    Posted 11 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love this idea! Really hope it gets implemented.
    Posted 11 years ago by pana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My image for it would be a tree with a hollow in the trunk that people could put things into (with a confirm step like giving things to a butler), and then the gifted items would show up on the branches like fruit, and the tree could only be harvested a certain (ideally owner-determined) number of times per game day.

Some form of this idea could also let you give things that you can't give by dropping them on the ground (thinking of snocones).
    Posted 11 years ago by LinnesetFox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There was an idea tossed about a looooong time ago, for a picnic basket or picnic blanket, that could be set on the ground and filled with a number of different things. People would be allowed to take a finite amount a finite number of times. It was especially desired for parties, because hosts of parties like to give out lots of food, drinks and items.
    Posted 11 years ago by Flowerry Pott Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the idea so +1 but would it be like the butler take 1 item or could you take a stack of items like say 80 potatos or 12 awesome stew, or would it be like 1 spinach/1 stew etc
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • But I liek free things.
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what would be nice is if the butler could accept an unlimited (more or less) amount of stuff to hand out randomly.  So you could give him/her  food, tickets, keys, guano, duplicate tools, seeds, anything that's cluttering up the house, and have them handed out one to a visitor, at random.  As a visitor, you would never know what you might get.  As a host, you could really clean out the house by just dumping it all on the butler.   
    Posted 11 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ diaveborn - a box or any container will eventually become visually crowded imho. with piles/sticks/the hidden piles at houses i've been to - just stand near it and press enter. the box pops up with all the items neatly displayed so you can choose what if anything you need.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink