Topic

Create skill branch for making color dye (with eventual goal of paint)

The pre-created styles for walls, floors, and ceilings are lovely, but I find myself itching for the ability to do custom paint jobs. Since herbs are currently under-utilized in comparison to crops (herbs can exist as seeds, sprigs, or essences, compared to the huge variety of foods, sauces, drinks, and cocktails that crops can turn into), why not introduce a new skill branch for turning those brightly colored seeds or flowers into color dyes? Add dye to eggs, and with the right skill set you could get egg tempera paint.

Once there's paint, well, anything from painting murals to tinting butterflies new and dramatic shades seems possible...

Posted 11 years ago by jjhunter Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• p.s. 'Dye' could also be called pigment. Natural pigments offline come from a variety of organic and non-organic sources including seeds, flowers, roots, saps, spices, minerals, various clays/earths, gems (lapis lazuli, e.g.), animal (insect, shellfish, etc.) products, and so forth. Industrial pigments might be replicated with the Alchemy skill branch...
    Posted 11 years ago by jjhunter Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Celeloriel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by LinnesetFox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i AGREE that it would be nice to make your own paint etc HOWEVER its a -1 from me due to it defeats the object that purely decorative stuff is paid for out of premium currency, you introduce paint to the game, ts are then loosing money. Homes, clothes, decorations, furniture upgrades, walls/ceilings/florring are all premium currency stuff and is unlikely to change 
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes it would be nice but....it comes down to income for the game. Decoration options are the ONLY things that support the game so, the only way to feasibly include something like this is if you pay credits for each designed new color, concerning wallpaper, or clothes, or vanity. As for coloring animals i can see this working in-world but it would be a potion and probably be temporary, days not hours, or a specific, pig, butterfly, chicken, can only be dyed once.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink