Topic

Storage Rooms

We need storage rooms!  Most of my house space is dedicated to walls full of SDBs to store items I rarely use.  Not only does this cause considerable lag, but it prevents me from decorating as I'd like because I need the space for SDBs.  It would be great to be able to place a door in any wall that leads to a small storage room which loads separately from the rest of your house or tower.  Then I could cram all my storage SDBs into specific rooms. 

I'd suggest making these storage rooms purchasable only with credits.  They aren't essential to the game, but desirable enough that I'd pay money for a few of them. 

If you allow storage rooms to be placed Inception style, a storage room in a storage room, then maybe chaining like 10 of them could be considered a tunnel and allow the player to choose where in the world it exits.  Or they could be chained together to create labyrinths with small themed rooms.

Then we can bust open the storage rooms of inactive players and have storage wars!  Well, maybe not that one...

Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• -1 Furniture causes lag....not just SDB's. If they are items you rarely use, you might want to consider cabinets instead of SDB's.  While this is a neat idea, i just don't think its necessary.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Then let me put SDBs in storage cabinets instead of having to fumble with bags. I've got SDBs with 50k sparkly, 50k beryl, 50k dullite. Those alone take up less room than a storage cabinet would and would probably overflow a storage cabinet.  Not to mention all the bags I'd need.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i think a storage room could be neat, but all the rest is overkill to me. maybe the solution is to increase the quantity per slot in a storage cabinet. i have three large cabinets mashed together in my "office" which i'm using for storage for things i'd like to sell and keep stock for my tower, but i'd like to be able to fit more than a stack of items in one space.
    Posted 11 years ago by jerk nugget Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to *something* that would get rid of some of the lag of having a lot of SDBs.  The SDBs were a great step in reducing lag in the first place - much better than piles of crap - but I'd love to have SDBs in a cabinet or something.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kadi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm inclined to say what we really need is cabinet slots with the *capacity* of SDBs.  ("Then why would we need SDBs?"  Because you still couldn't sell out of cabinets, that's why.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Annuska Subscriber! | Permalink
  • jerk nugget....bags can go in cabinets.
  • Also if all the slots in this alternate style cabinet held the same amount....or at least many stacks of items, i highly doubt that that would cause things to lag less, odds are it would be the same.
  • In a similar vein, what about garden sheds that can be left on the street? Use them to store excess harvest, tools, the odd gnome (and gnomes are really, really odd), the new Maserati you just won on the game show, and suchlike? Similar to a cabinet with x amount of slots. Maybe 2-3 sizes that take up an accordingly variable amount of real estate. Maybe keys can be given to friends?

Just a thought.
    Posted 11 years ago by Snickersnee Subscriber! | Permalink