Topic

Rare Resources

This has no doubt been suggested before, but if we had rare resources that spawned randomly each game day, that each had a limited number of harvests before moving somewhere else, it would give people a lot of incentive to explore the world again instead of sticking to home streets.

You could have unique resources that made unique items.

or

You could have rare versions of existing resources.  Like say a blue pig that gives blue meat.  These rare resources can be used in normal recipes, but for each different one used, it adds a multiplier to the original energy value.  Or perhaps extend durability on non edible items

They can be pretty rare, but some should be more common on those weird do nothing days marked on the glitch calendar.

Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• They should also be able to be harvested by everyone, no matter what their skills
  • I think it should be something that rarely comes from a NORMAL resource item. Like a butterfly occasionally giving chocolate milk.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That could work too.  As long as it only happens on public streets, not home streets.
  • Good idea, maybe tied into days of the Glitch Week or Calender, but semi rare drops only available in Ur.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting idea.
    Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh wow, that's really neat!
    Posted 11 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's a great idea. Perhaps make their rarity seasonal, similar to Pumpkins in Zilloween. Like, trees who only spawn fruit/resource during a certain game month. Or animals that only appear during certain game months (they migrate?).
    Posted 11 years ago by Godiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was thinking by seasonal, they would be really rare most of the time, and a bit less rare on some holidays.  It would be fun as people go a bit crazy hunting them down.