Topic

Glitch v. 2.0

SUGGESTION: Tiny Speck could develop a fully fledged installable game using Glitch graphics, dialogue, music, atmosphere, community, etc.

GOAL of this FORUM: to incentivize Tiny Speck to produce Glitch 2 by: 

1) Showing how many of us would purchase the game based on our fondness of and previous experience with Glitch (no trial period, no beta testing, just purchase the game from the store shelf). 

2) Give ideas how Glitch might become Glitch 2.exe (plot ideas, leveling up, quests, Giant defense, Rook attack, no New Day replenishments or what have you). 

So let's hear it, Glitchens: would you buy Glitch 2 and how would you make it more playable/payable?

Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • I'll start:
    1) I would definitely buy the game.
    2) It would need more of a goal than just randomly roaming, though (I have something in mind, but I'll have to think about it some more). Leveling up could unravel new map locations instead of all Ur streets being given to you from the beginning. More quests, skills, trees, herbs, animals, rocks... basically more types of everything. Rook attack gives urgency to a time-insensitive gameplay and encourages cooperation, so I would expand on that (Rook could attack you, send minions to destroy your garden etc., use of the Focus Orb as a weapon of defense and so on).
  • I'd buy!
    Posted 11 years ago by Ivy Hibbly-Pibbly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would spend actual dollars on a ported version of Glitch (Mac friendly, of course).
    Posted 11 years ago by Kip Konner Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think this thread will do no good at all, but I'll chime in and say I'd buy it too.  (2nd the mac friendly!)
    Posted 11 years ago by ennuienta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree, ennuienta. But I have to soothe the heartbreak a bit, I cannot just keep crying for the end of Glitch, I must do something, even if it is to start something like this forum...
  • I wish Glitch would stay online, and was only open 36 hours at a time, once a month.  Players could purchase one come/go token for that 36 hours or buy season tickets in 3-6-12 month increments.  Any progress you made would of course be saved until the next time you logged on.  It would be nice if new quests and content would be deployed with every session too.  New players could only join when a session was open.

It would be a new kind of game, the OAPTO: Occasionally Amassing to Play Together Online.  
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hell, I'd settle for a non-interactive short animated movie, silent with cue cards and the same awesome music we've grown to love, shown at Cannes.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • id pay good money for it too
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll pay to play now if it means saving glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, even if it was a single street with actions or single room levels, at least it would cure some of the nostalgic burn that will be coming after this all ends...
    Posted 11 years ago by Opportunity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds like exactly the sort of thing Kickstarter was invented for. Tiny Speck, maybe put it up there and see what happens?
    Posted 11 years ago by Toksyuryel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • KIckstarter to be sure.   A lot of us would contribute, whether to keep Glitch alive or to buy a Glitch v2.0 sort of game.
    Posted 11 years ago by Fox the Resonator Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it
    Posted 11 years ago by ԲʆuԲԲyɱ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I already pay for Glitch (by subscribing from the beginning), so doubtless I would pay for a Glitch 2.0 as well.
    Posted 11 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Daisy Blooms Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy the game. Though I'd like it to stay the same type of game it is now. I think adding more of a goal would lessen what makes this game special. A lot more quests on the other hand would be great! :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Felix Lentil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love the idea of a unique singleplayer version, but even a simpler offline game for preservation would be good with me.  Strip away a lot of the game elements if necessary, like quests and such.  I would pay to have a character creator and the whole world of Ur on my harddrive, just to see the sights.
    Posted 11 years ago by CoinCollector Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To be brutally honest, I probably wouldn't buy Glitch as a single-player standalone game. If it were like Guild Wars 2 where it remained an MMO and had a $50-$60 initial purchase and a cash shop, I would definitely buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll buy whatever it is, just as long as I can continue to play with my beloved piggies.
    Posted 11 years ago by Emberlyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd happily buy an offline standalone that had stuff like the Play Cube and the vendor reminisce quests. Honestly I think that any of the other stuff would feel too empty and just end up sad.

But damnit, I need help remembering this feeling of wonder! :( 
    Posted 11 years ago by Rusty the Sismanaut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would buy absolutely any game that captured and recreated the feeling of Glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Honktraband Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would totally purchase it too. I think most of us would. *hugs* Thanks for this post. Hopefully this could work.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bachjess♫♫♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That's what gets me. There are basically two parts to a game: content and coding. 
    They would have to redo all of the coding to a non-flash platform, but it seems like such a waste not to do something with the VAST amount of content  - art, music, dialogue, quests - that is already here!
    And of course I'd buy it - for me and all of my friends :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Caiyot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yep. I would buy it. I see how games my nephew plays get released. Once core game that somehow acts like an MMO- because people can get on and chat and play together.

and then they release updated versions people can still play ( Call of Duty...) Glitch can be the anti call of duty.

The concept behind this game can still be huge. It needs to be known and adaptable. Moblile/ console

IT COULD HAPPEN. If so I am getting a piggy headset and running around going pew pew pew just because.

I hope they do try again. With the lessons learned here. And make it AWESOME.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it, standalone or MMO, however they put it out.  I'd be all over that.  Charge whatever you want.  I know it's probably not feasible, but we can dream!
    Posted 11 years ago by Maegen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it. Definitely. 
    Posted 11 years ago by NightDraconis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pooklet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would buy Glitch 2.  Plain and simple.  Actually, it would be nice if it was released on Steam.  I like having all my games in one place
    Posted 11 years ago by Jardex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 million, Coin Collector.  The streets!  The smugglers!  The juju bandits!  The Rube! (wanna bet the Rube's stock comes from all the stuff Grandma Juju rejects?)  PIGGIES.  HELI CATS.

I seriously want to hyperventilate when I think heli cats are going away forever tonight.

*pets one*  Purrrrr...
    Posted 11 years ago by Miss Lemon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it too
    Posted 11 years ago by Snarlo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy a Glitch 2.0, even if it was just a piggy simulator!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pyrrhocorax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Steam greenlight could be a start, but you're still in a concept phase.
    Posted 11 years ago by Million Bees Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Mollie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by EmiB Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would definitely buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Llewella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll buy it and put money down ahead of time to buy it.
    Posted 11 years ago by Frotzenjammer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Pepper Von Papple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I surrender any sum of money. Just don't take my Glitch :'(
    Posted 11 years ago by Tails Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes please.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • the thing with Glitch was that there were so many story elements - Giants creating everything, Rooks attacking, etc - but they never actually developed a plotline. I'd buy a standalone game with an actual storyline to it, which you could complete, and still play, just to hang out. but there's gotta be something moving forward, and story seemed to be the natural form Glitch wanted to take - it just never did.
    Posted 11 years ago by Slugbug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *until now, with the End of the World. but I don't count that. :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Slugbug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would absolutely buy it. I would've been happy for required payments as it was... But that doesn't seem to be the only issue that led to the closing. x_x But if TS would reconsider I'm sure we'd all be on board! Look how quickly the soundtrack and art books have gained funding...
    Posted 11 years ago by tozoku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't think of a better way to spend $'s than to be able to get Glitch back in any form what so ever..if only we could have rallied before it came to this sad end..
    Posted 11 years ago by fuzzbuzz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am sotes in.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adamarie The Snarky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd buy. First day.
    Posted 11 years ago by railroadbaron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • of course i'd buy it!
    Posted 11 years ago by IxÆoN Subscriber! | Permalink
  • While I might buy a standalone, the fun for me was always wondering what the devs and artists were going to do next. I think that instead of assuaging my sadness with thoughts of how I can continue to experience Glitch, I'm going to make sure that the things that made it great now flow into the things that I create and do. I can't/won't recapture that, but maybe I can help create something else that's great down the line.
    Posted 11 years ago by harkyman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would pay to play as well - I would even have paid a monthly or annual subscription fee to continue accessing glitch into the future. I am sure it would have gained a lot of support on Kickstarter too if more outreach had been done to keep the game financed. 

Glitch has been such a great community- we all contributed in helping to build Ur the way it was. It's a little sad that we weren't also a part of helping to keep it afloat. 

On the other hand, everything has a natural beginning and ending, and I am just looking forward to see what's next for Tiny Speck.
    Posted 11 years ago by Bright Moon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would totally buy Glitch, especially if they somehow got it to be Steam-compatible. I think getting the game on Steam would be the best way to keep the MMO feel of it. It would also make it easier for updates and whatnot through DLC bundles.
    Posted 11 years ago by chinotenshi Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2