Topic

Glitchamophone

As an IPAD owner i would be happy to test your new music making app when its in such a state - i might not even charge you!!!!!

Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Let's bet one credit on this quick theory:

- Music is the next big thing for TS
    - Glitchamophone as a first playground to test the market and transition from Glitch
    - Then we wait for the collaborative step sequencer

Soundr anyone?
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *bounce* this is just exactly what I needed right now. Just when I was sad because I can no longer be excited about what's coming next in Glitch... I have something new coming from TS to be excited about! *bounce* *bounce*
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *bounce* Interesting! *bounce*
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooooh, me too!!! I have a shiny, new (10-day old) iPad just waiting to help test new apps!
    *bounce*   *bounce*        *bounce*             *bounce*                        *bounce*                           
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -glances forlornly at Droid phone-
    Posted 11 years ago by Liathea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump > http://www.glitchamaphone.com
  • *cough*Android*cough*
    Posted 11 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Eleanor Rigby- For sure. I don't own any Apple products, and it'd be nice not to have to miss out because I have a Galaxy Note II rather than an Iphone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Eleanor Rigby @Djabrill, I'm no developer, but Android is generally not a good platform for music apps - at least not yet. The sound latency in iOS is pretty darn good, whereas it's quite horrible in Android, regardless of hardware. It seems that real time playing on the pads in Glitchamaphone would prove to be a substandard experience on Android devices.  

*Takes off smartypants hat* I WAN'T AN ANDROID VERSION TOO!!!! 
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Music apps can be coded to have reasonable latency on Android ICS. I have a friend doing it. Older versions of Android are pretty horrible.

I hope it's available for iPod Touch as well as iPad.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Lucille not to be snarly, but I'd be eager to see an example. All the high rated ones I've tried have proved to be, well less than musical, when it came to real time input. 
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ...I don't want an iPad IDONTWANTANIPAD ;n;
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i would buy an ipad just for this!
    Posted 11 years ago by king smo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooh they have a video preview on the website now
    (I'm not getting an iPad either, but an interesting project still)
  • @BenAlex - sadly, that seems to be the case at the moment... I've been waiting for FLStudio Mobile to get ported to Android for *ages*, and most of the problems they cite with doing so (even though it's being worked on currently) have to do with latency.

I'd still play with it constantly on Android, high latency or no.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's now available on the App Store. Sadly, Not compatible with my iPad 1 :(
    Posted 11 years ago by bumblepuppy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh, dear.. Is it compatible with the iPad 2?
    Posted 11 years ago by tozoku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes. itunes.apple.com/us/app/gli...
    Posted 11 years ago by bumblepuppy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Also want an android version. Not an Apple "hater", just don't like their products.
    Posted 11 years ago by Murri Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bummer. Not compatible with Ipad 1. :((
    Posted 11 years ago by Andobas Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh :( I was excited because I get paid tonight and I thought I'd get to buy it. Didn't realise it wasn't going to play nice with the original iPad. Oh well, I want to upgrade my iPad but it has to wait until after other bills.

At least I'll be able to back the indiegogo art and music crowdfunding projects after I get paid :)
    Posted 11 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Downloaded it last night. Haven't had much time to spend with it yet, but lots of fun. Now to see if I can create anything I actually want to listen to!  lol
    Posted 11 years ago by kastlin Subscriber! | Permalink