Topic

FINAL COUNT DOWN

Is there a count down clock somewhere?

Also maybe our glitches could have new wardrobe that included sandwich boards that the say stuff like "THE END IS NEAR" 

Posted 11 years ago by axton Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• the sandwich boards idea is inspired.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • -1. As people before have said, things like the backwards loading screen already take it too far. I'd rather not have it pushed in my face that something I care about this much is being taken away. And especially not a countdown. Perhaps an inappropriate analogy, but what if you were told by the doctor you had X days to live? You'd want to make the most of the time you have left, and it'd really help if you didn't have to stare at some sort of countdown.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jus​tin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like the backwards loading screen. I was about to make "end of the world" comparisons to other MMOs, but those were all temp & planned downages not a full on closing {WoW Cata, FF14}. Well, maybe I still will. Because it isn't like we don't know Glitch is going away.... I'd actually like to see some more epic style unimagining quest type stuff, something with some closure {albeit sad closure}. Although, if this really happened as abruptly as it looks like it did, it's doubtful they would be working on anything like that.

FF14 had crazy NPCs going on about the end of the world for a long while, since that was a long planned ended. I believe that actually *did* have doomsday cult people with signs or sandwich boards saying the end is near.

On a side note - I hate you for putting that song in my head, LOL
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would prefer to think of Glitch as going into hibernation. Cold storage. Cryogenics. A place from which it might, someday, be revived. (I don't care how likely or unlikely that possibility is, and please don't tell me, because I will stick my fingers in my ears and say NA NA NA NA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.) 

So please, let's not say "goodbye," but "au revoir." No countdown clock. No "end of days" stuff. Those of us who will miss this game will miss it a lot; I would prefer that TS respect those people's feelings by not trivializing the closing of the game. (Of course, if I had my way, Glitch would not close! so, you know, FWIW)
    Posted 11 years ago by Ninetails Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ninetails - okay, lets say for argument sake that Glitch has the ability to come back someday - it won't be the same, it will be in a different format and changed greatly, therefore my comparisons above still stand, and we can indeed have some grand ending to this phase at the very least. :-)
  • I'm with Justin. The "Bad News" banner is already a giant, looming, ever-present reminder. The backwards loading screen is another reminder. Maybe make an external countdown & link it, so others can watch?
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be interesting, but I agree with Justin.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just put on a rook outfit for the time bein', figure that's enough a prophecy of doom :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Moehr Ossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the last day could have a countdown to keep the timezones clear for occasional players who log in that day (as I assume many of them will).
    Posted 11 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • THANK YOU TS FOR GIVING US A FEAT LKE THIS!!!!!! {although it hasn't started yet, so maybe i shouldn't thank you just yet, LOL}
  • Id hope this ends with a really big explosion, which is how anything cool ends.  Look at Mythbusters, they blow shit up constantly and they are cool, right? SEE!
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink