Topic

Make the site into a forum or something?

http://www.glitch.com/status/PA9NNVA43VD2LLH/79355-25471092/

Posted 11 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• YEZ!
    ETA (from post below me)- I would be a moderator! Admin too! THE NEW STOOT! Up with bacon!
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be lovely. I am entirely behind this idea if it can be done. I'm sure we have enough members with moderator experience who'd be willing to help manage for free if it helps any.
    Posted 11 years ago by Felix Lentil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would gladly volunteer as a moderator and yes, I do have game community management experience. :)
  • +111111111111111111111
    Posted 11 years ago by Misty Power Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw eric or someone say that they were considering ways of keeping the site open longer than was announced in the closing statement.  This was shortly after the announcement
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be fantastic — disable as many features as would be necessary, but I'd like to know that there's still a hub we Glitchen can always come back to talk amongst ourselves. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Jannisary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love this so much!! (And would gladly donate to make it happen.)
    Posted 11 years ago by Pii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This would be the best thing ever!! We could all keep in touch forever!
    Posted 11 years ago by Fernstream Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +111111111111111111111111
    awesome idea
    Posted 11 years ago by Ancale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too have moderation experience and would be more than happy to offer my assistance. :) 
    Posted 11 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Thaumatrope Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That would be really great! :~D
    Posted 11 years ago by Rannera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, please!  I used to run many forums in the day, I would be more than happy to help moderate, too.
    Posted 11 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • Please?
  • I like.
    Posted 11 years ago by The Mighty Dino Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That'll be awesome. Kinda like a grown up Gaia Online. We can keep our avatars and still play dress up. Keep snaps, but be able to upload our own images, too.

That'll be awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • <3
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was going to write something on these lines but thought I would add it here.

Tiny Speck - as I understand it - still exists as a company and will potentially be launching new products into the world in the fullness of time.  Without sounding harsh - TS have already said that one of the reasons Glitch wouldn't continue was because it couldn't attract enough customers.  There must be so many of us who would be willing to help test and buy new TS products.   BUT over the next fews days and weeks, like it or not people will start to disperse to new online places.  If TS set up some sort of online forum or chat room - it would give a place where all those potential customers of the future to stay together.   Sounds like business sense to me!
    Posted 11 years ago by Loupin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    i like loupins argument!
    Posted 11 years ago by king smo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 to this thread
    Posted 11 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • They should let the avatar system remain online and let pictures of our glitchen be displayed besides our posts. That way glitch.com could be a really awesome forum/blogging platform, at least for a while. 
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^ regarding the avatar-beside-post part, i've been using this for the longest time. www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
    Posted 11 years ago by Kieley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Very nice Loupin!
  • I'd pay for the service. Especially if groups were included. Just sayin'.
    Posted 11 years ago by Adar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +Over nine thousand

One of the best things about this site is the people, and I'd love just sitting and talking to everyone.
    Posted 11 years ago by Chillykins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That would be AWESOME!!!!! but aren't they closing the site for good (including the forums) at the end of the year?
    Posted 11 years ago by Smoreso Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Like I said over on the Avatar API thread (and as EzBreezy and others have alluded to), Glitch could definitely work as an avatar forum site! Places like Gaia even turn a profit from that kind of model, with buyable outfits and so on. I'm sure we'd all love to see our friendships and avatars live on.
    Posted 11 years ago by tozoku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Agreed Tozoku.

Glitch seems to be, at least as a franchise, possibly continuing. Turn the site into an information site with forums? To be an information hub on the world of Glitch, rather than actually being the world of Glitch. As a site WITH forums, it would make sense. Get rid of anything to do with the MMO (sorry guys, probably includes badges and snaps) and keep it talking about the world of Glitch. If you guys get me. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Amazing Idea :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes!
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd participate in the forums for sure. Don't wanna be a mod (no time, mainly), but I'd love to continue hanging out talking to people here.
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah!

Although after seeing some of the hateful posts lately maybe that's not the best idea...
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bump
  • Sounds like a fab idea - specially with all the Glitch merchandise thats been talked about from music & book of images to phone apps etc.

I'm also sure most of us would be willing to pay for the privilage of keeping just a forum open and that couldn't cost anything like as much to run as a game would and as others have said, would serve as a great place to notify 'former customers' of new products that TS bring out in the future.

I'd love to upload my glitchen self as my avatar to sit by each of my forum posts. Lets face it, this is a fairly large ready made community and with a small fee, and/or some advertising on it, the forum would easily pay for itself and then some I'm sure.
    Posted 11 years ago by Vialdana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i dont mind being a moderator. but im not sure if i am qualified to be one. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump. And like Kristabel, I'd moderate but not sure if I'm qualified to do so.
  • SHOVE
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.CookieEater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I WANT PHPBB
    Posted 11 years ago by UD98 Subscriber! | Permalink