Posted 11 years ago by Reirei Umezaki Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• ++
    Posted 11 years ago by Jackie Jones Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +10000
    Posted 11 years ago by Drakani Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1
    Posted 11 years ago by Santa Clause Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's some significant hope here: http://www.glitch.com/status/PHVAEGH6KB92AR7/37484-25674998/ and here
    http://www.glitch.com/status/PUVBF8JT5JG2JAJ/108541-25585417/
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The encyclopedia will be up indefinitely. We're even enhancing it to be more awesome with assets and stuff.

STUFF!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Little Poundcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • maybe even... dare I hope... things!
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope "enhancing" doesn't mean the flash assets will go away with those gifs...
    Great to see it'll stay up still ^^
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am impressed.

It is my guess that it can be an ongoing net asset to the TS team to maintain some platform of contact and interest with the existing loyal consumer based that a) loved Glitch and b) just spent well over 100K in a couple of weeks on game related stuff.  As such, I suspect it's probably worth it to the company to keep up on relatively low cost projects like maintaining the forum and keeping at least some assets available.

Developing more assets is beyond what I'd hoped for, and I take it as a very good sign.  If you came up with some kind of subscription model to cover costs for this kind of stuff, or even a voluntary donation model, I think it would work. 

I understand why the game itself wasn't sustainable due to the high costs and outdated code platform, but you know what the numbers are that you *can* realistically generate, right now, from the existing user base.  If maintaining a small community platform and some scaled-back availability of assets is do-able, that looks like a win-win situation all around and I think we'd all be grateful for it. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sildenafil Citrate Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This might be too far fetched but maybe add the pull strings to the dolls or a list of all the phrases ?
    Thanks ! 
    Posted 11 years ago by BlackWolf Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A little piece of my heart jumped for joy reading this. Because I have worried about losing all of the information gathered there. The game may not be up but some of the info is forever awesome!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you. =D
    Posted 11 years ago by TransplantedEntwife Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you, thank you! :)

Does this mean the forums will remain up, too?  I looked around but didn't see a statement about that.
    Posted 11 years ago by Thysby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The flash assets will stay. We'll be adding spritesheets *and* gifs for the animations.
  • can we keep the forums open too?
    Posted 11 years ago by Samerina Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Little Poundcake, you guys are AWESOME. Not that any of you at TS are unlikely to be aware of it by this point, but it is worth repeating. :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Lorian Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the details LP
    Spritesheets sound like a neat idea :]
  • yes, oh yes, yes, yes!!!

if i can;t have my little world i want at least to look at the memories of it.
    Posted 11 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am so impressed that I tripped over my mouse doing  a happy dance. The whole essence of the game will remain. Awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by snygyst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I, too, would like to put sayings and conversations in the encyclopedia along with the thing that said it. I would like a lot of things, though, and we will see if I manage to get that one done.
  • Glitch is still a THING though... with, at least, Glitchamaphone. And with other games potentially coming out it'd be good to have somewhere that explains the story of Glitch and the world of Ur. Doesn't need to be an MMO... even though the MMO was glorious...
    Posted 11 years ago by Aemulus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Spritesheets...does that mean possibly we can use such assets in non-commerical games?
    Posted 11 years ago by Malc Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @LP Btw the encyclopedia would really deserve an entry for the Rook (and it's assets^^)
  • Malc: That's the idea!

Lemo: Good point! The rook is a weird asset class, so I'd have to figure out how to get him in there, but I'll add it to the list.
  • Alright thx LP, good luck catching the Rook, it's a though one :p

(oh and how about the Scion of Purple?)
  • Already did the Scion. He was easier.
  • I'm quite excited by all this...
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • what dopiaza said, and I am not even a developer.  I really need the Encyclopedia to stick around for a long, long time and I would even pays monies for a downloadable version.
    Posted 11 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, yes!  A downloadable encyclopedia would be great.  Imagine a mobile version, like a Pokédex!  You never know when you need an on-the-spot reference tool. :)

Seriously, though - how great would a mobile version be where you could take a picture and have the app find the closest match in the encyclopedia?  The GPS coordinates of the item sighting could get placed on a real-time online map and then we could locate all the sparkly, bare patches and Rook attacks.  I wonder what would look like Rube IRL?  Probably a lot of sightings on Easter Island. :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Thysby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • [This post has been deleted]
    Posted 11 years ago by Pavida Subscriber! | Permalink