Topic

I will make a new Glitch... (Flaw)

I will be making a game similar to Glitch called Flaw.

Do you want this to happen? There are links to the forums in some of the comments below.

Posted 11 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I think it would be really cool!
    Posted 11 years ago by DanifC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There are some similar ideas floating around that you might want to check out and maybe join forces with... there's a forum here: http://wherecanifindawoodtree.com/forums/forum/glitch-projects/

:)
    Posted 11 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know about the similar stuff... I would way rather make a game in 2D instead of text-based or 3D.

Also I am almost done a glitch meditation app. Maybe I will add my project as a feat in that app.

Any ideas for a name for the game?
  • Combo of scribblenauts and glitch would be amazing
    Posted 11 years ago by Tetrax Subscriber! | Permalink
  • That is a cool idea Teterax but how would it work?

EDIT: I thought about this a bit more. Maybe you have the ability to imagine things into existence such as:
    - trees
    - animals
    - other (rainbows, rainclouds, rook etc.)

Also there could be things you can imagine and save to a certain tool so that you can create that thing you imagined. Things like that may include:
    - food (a mix of different ingredients. The look of the food changes as you change the ingredients)
    - potions (same creation technique as food except it requires potion ingredients)
    - furniture (I have a great and complex idea for this where you can connect certain pieces and materials to create your own furniture)
    - buildings
    - home streets
    etc.
  • This would be totally awesome, but won't funding be an issue? Unless you're some billionaire in disguise ;) (but if then, I guess you'd donate to glitch haha)
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Bob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't need any funding right now pickle bob. For now I will create my own graphics and sound.
  • I have decided to name the game Flaw.
  • This would be amazing. I would love to join in another great community just like glitch.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flaw is an awesome name.
    Posted 11 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just started programming for this. I will put it on github after I get a bit more done on it.
  • A new Glitch? I approve! I LOVED Glitch to death! It was goo adicting ply everyone one on Glitch was soooo nice! A lot of funny jokes, great music, it was just the perfect game! This 'new' Glitch probably wont be exactly like the Glitch we all played but I would play anything by Tinyspeck! I have an account to another website. (Not saying name for privacy) That website is full of scammers, hackers, mean people, and it's torture!!! Mods are super lazy. people fight constantly about popularity and rare items, it crazy! I really don't want to go back to that website so Tinyspeck, please.... Make a new Glitch. 
    Posted 11 years ago by MariolovesLPS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just released that I had terrible grammar  in the first part... My bad. XD But what it said was......... It was soo addicting to play! Everyone on Glitch was soooooo nice! Im very sorry I made some spelling errors... 
  • I just got a great idea. Instead of subscriptions in this game, people can become a VIP (very imaginative person) for helping out with the game. Being a VIP would be just like a subscription in glitch except you don't have to pay to become a VIP.

Ideas for how people will become a VIP:
    - helping out with forums
    - creating in-game content that later ends up being added to the game
    - imagining lots of great ideas that would make the game better
    etc.
  • Little hint: name it something unique, because half the time when searching for Glitch, you could never find the damn thing.

'flaw game' in google just nets you a mess, and there is a game called that on Sourceforge already, too.

Text based Glitch? cool!

<its dark, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue>
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DO IT!!!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pure Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just got collisions working. I will be working hard to finish the basics of this game ASAP. Soon everyone will be able to try it out.
  • if you can you must do it
    Posted 11 years ago by UD98 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hope you have the slightest clue what the backend of a massive multiplayer game has to be like. I hope you understand things like complex database operations, parallel servers, system security, or have the ability to hire people who do.  I hope you understand what the cost is of purchasing and maintaining the kinds of servers that are needed to support enough players to try to make the game sustainable, not just including the costs of the hardware (you don't do this on cheap PCs), networking, cabling, redundant network links, power, cooling, and more, plus the experts to maintain it all.

Most people don't seem to grasp that Glitch was not some little 2G file you installed on your laptop and played.  There's a lot that goes into MMOs and it means lots of experts and lots and lots of money.

You may understand this, but I keep running into Glitches who don't seem to grasp the greater aspect of a game like Glitch. It's far more than just the pretty code.
    Posted 11 years ago by Moose J Finklestein Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Moose J Finklestein: You learn quite a lot from mistakes, so let him do what he things is best for him :)

There are other people out there who also are planning on making a game similar to Glitch (www.gourdianknot.com/), so there is still some hope left.
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OH MY GIANTS why do u even have to ask? you know we all want one. and we all know you want one. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • POST ALL YOUR IDEAS FOR THIS GAME IN THIS THREAD!

We will need some great, unique, and well thought of ideas to make this game possible.
  • @drakodood: The forums will be closed soon, so I recommend you to create a forum or something, before you'll lose people willing to help you with this :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Suggestion. Maybe in the new Glitch you could add some pets? I have ALWAYS wanted a chicken as a real pet that can go wherever I go! BTW forums are going to close soon so you may need to make a new forum somewhere else! Plus maybe in addition in the new Glitch you could have some random daily coin (or even credit if they return) spinner! I think those things would be very nice to add! Good luck dude! Im trusting you! ;)
  • Wow..  looking forward to another awesome game to play! Please post how to keep in touch with you or add my email : tuqui1glitch@gmail.com to your list as the forums are shutting down soon. 
    Posted 11 years ago by tuqui Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got a website and forum quickly setup. 

Here: Flaw website There is a link to the forum on that page.
    Here is a direct link to the forum: Flaw forums.

Please post all your great ideas on the forums.
  • I have signed up to the forum there. I reckon even just having a forum to keep chatting on will be nice. I look forward to seeing what you come up with though, and maybe offering a suggestion or two. I'm no coder or anything useful sadly but will test and help any way I can :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Vialdana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please do! Glitch was too awesome to go away for good!
    Posted 11 years ago by Chibirexy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please do if you can! :D Glitch was the greatest and I never thought this was actually happening. It just can't go away
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.CookieEater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This sounds amazing! Do you possibly know when it will be all put together?
    Posted 11 years ago by Alanna23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It may take a while Alanna... But I think it will be worth it in the long run.
  • Ok thank you drako. I bet it will be awesome :)
    Posted 11 years ago by Alanna23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It would be good to see more Glitch-like games available. Please let me know when you get it up for play-testing.
    Posted 11 years ago by Snickersnee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love a new 2D Glitch! It's one of the things I loved about this game! It was easy on the synapses ^-^
    Posted 11 years ago by Chibirexy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there any more info to be heard about this? Like maybe a website with forums or something, maybe a heads up if this is actually going to happen? Thanks.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dr.CookieEater Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There is a website and forums!

Flaw website
    Flaw forums

Please check it out and post your ideas. I have made some progress on programming the game (walking, jumping, collisions etc.) I still have tons of work to do on it before people can test it out.
  • It would be good to see more Glitch-like games available. Thanks :)
    http://lgcmovers.co.uk/balham.html
    Posted 11 years ago by rimce44 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love to see a new glitch (:!
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink