Topic

Glitch Cookbook?

I think it would be awesome! I would love making some of the recipes that were present in Glitch ^-^

I think it would help to keep Glitch alive for years to come and it could help out the wonderful people who brought us Glitch. 

Posted 11 years ago by Chibirexy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I remember someone, or even more than one person, did create some RL recipes from Glitch ones at one time.  They must be in a forum post somewhere?
    Posted 11 years ago by Cassandria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://glitchcookbook.com by dopiaza
    Posted 11 years ago by Lemo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much for this! you guys are the best! ^-^ 
  • Oh I can use this because I can eat at least three glitch in one sitting, more if im really hungry.

OMM NOM NOM.
    Posted 11 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been hoping that dopiaza would pick up the blog again at some point. We need savoury smoothies, now more than ever! (ok, maybe eggy scrambles?)
    Posted 11 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pollen and I made Awesome Stew for dinner on EOTW night. Awesome Stew is awesome.
    Posted 11 years ago by Lilypad Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I may well pick up the blog again at some point, there are very many recipes I haven't cooked yet. Don't give up hope!
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've been looking for this website.. i'll be watching.
    Posted 11 years ago by LųĉĩđεşşΨ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • savoury smoothies... methinks that might be a hearty consomme-based drink. People drink Bovril on cold nights, don't they?
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My partner and I are hoping to collect recipes from fellow Glitchen (and write quite a few ourselves) to compile into a PDF for everybody. Dopiaza, are you on tumblr? :D We'd love your help, if you're interested!

glitchcosplay.tumblr.com is where I'm collecting our efforts, and everybody is welcome to participate! Pumpkin Ale is the first one we're doing, probably sometime this week
    Posted 11 years ago by Elendraug Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you guys really are amazing! I think I will try figuring out a recipe to add to your pdf then. I love trying out new foods and this will really further that endeavor ^-^
  • The one I like making is Flumery.  We don't have whortleberries since we moved from the rockies to the pacific but we do have similar berries, tall red huckleberry and evergreen huckleberry.  All are in the same genus, Vaccinium.  I think the red huckleberries are the closest in taste and texture to whortleberries (also commonly known as grouseberries).  My recipe is simple:  About 1 cup of berries, picked through and rinsed, 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon corn starch (or just double the amount of berries), 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.  Put in sauce pan, stir frequently with whisk while bringing to a boil.  Set to simmer and stir/cook till desired thickness and till about half the berries have lost their shape, about 5 to 10 minutes.  Pour into jam jar (a real one, the kind that don't break under high heat) and wait till desired temperature.  I just wait till I won't scald my tongue off!!  Pour over a serving of good Greek yoghurt (the Greek yoghurt holds its shape best, any super-thick yoghurt works!) and call it Flumery!
    Vaccinium parvifolium = tall red huckleberry
    Vaccinium ovatum = evergreen huckleberry (still fruiting now in the PNW!! but the skin is tougher in winter)
    Vaccinium scorparium = whortleberry or grouseberry
    Vaccinium cyanococcus = blueberry
    Vaccinium oxycoccus = cranberry

There are a zillion more out there but if you can't find one in the wild or are not sure you want to pick berries and take the chance you are picking the wrong thing, you can use blueberries.  I don't think cranberries are not a good choice unless you really sweeten them up.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dopiaza, are you on tumblr?

I was going to say "no", but I tried logging in and I do apparently have an account - long forgotten about. Can't say I've ever actually posted anything there though.
    Posted 11 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to find out the required ingredient list for some of these recipes? I mean specifically the ones that haven't been made into real recipes. I was roaming and I couldn't find it. Thanks so much in advance!
  • Chibirexy - The Glitch wiki should have the ingredient lists for all the regular recipes, for example www.glitch-strategy.com/wik... . I don't recall that it was updated to reflect the dishes released in the final weeks however.
    Posted 11 years ago by DOOMy Nutpuncher Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would love a glitch cookbook!
    Posted 11 years ago by Vague Subscriber! | Permalink
  • DOOMy - Thanks ^-^ I was really new to Glitch when it closed and I hadn't had a chance to find these things out.