Topic

Singleplayer Glitch?

This is an Idea I had a couple of days a go, no Idea if it can be done.

What about a stand-alone launcher for glitch, with singleplayer and perhaps even LAN network games.
Nothing would change apart from loss of home streets, avatars and similar details. It would be like your own mini-glitch you could play at home, and even set up a "server" for your friends. 

Posted 11 years ago by Hector8 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I was working on something like this
    Had to put it on hold for now, but I hope to get them done
    here was a video demo I had made
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9q...
    Posted 11 years ago by Deus Marionette Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't really think I would enjoy a singleplayer glitch, The community is so great!
    But I'd rather have glitch than no glitch at all.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes keeda, I see the point you are making but as creative commons liscense depicts no commercial gain can be made not many are going to be willing to do an online version, I think this is just about the best chance glitch has right now.

Deus: Awesome! Do you need any help with it? I have extended knowledge of the Python programming language and I'm sure I could pick up flash with the right tutorials. If not, is there any way you could give me updates I.e through email or something? I would love to hear more about it. Also, take what I said about LAN servers into account, they can be hosted loccaly without any cost needed, which would be cool as glitch still be multiplayer, if not as massive as it was before. 

Could I perhaps test the code? The idea is so good and I would really like to see the similarites between the origonal game and perhaps detects some bugs. Please? :3

Please respond to me, either on this thread of via my email at hector8mail@gmail.com. Hope you see this.
  • Maybe IOS version? just me? stoot?
    Posted 11 years ago by we are durza Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "New Glitch" could be for IOS or Android. They could have a Kickstarter (think about all and all of those glitch players who miss it, a simple donat button wouldn't do much though), and have personal servers for the worlds. Events could be made and scheduled by owners. Servers could make areas using streeet projects, and delete ones that were not to the owners liking. Home streets would drift and dock to servers for visiting. Most channels would be server sourced, like trade or rook alerts, but if Tiny speck wanted to operate a few channels that would be fine. 
  • If the singleplayer glitch would be an app, I think It should be for android.
    Posted 11 years ago by Keeda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Android I would like best. I don't have an Iphone! xD
  • Can someone inside TS Give us some help on this? I really want to know how far a singleplayer glitch could go.
  • Very nice idea Durza. I am going to program a Singleplayer glitch on Html 5, then perhaps move on to a multiplayer one, but that would depend on popularity. I will take what you have said into account, but I'm not sure IOS or android are the way forward. In my opinion, Glitch is too complicated a game to be forced into the limited controls on a phone/tablet. A new glitch should either be online, or a client based game.
  •  Good point
  • Making it IOS or android would divide the community
  • Yeah... But there is code given for IOS. Take a look at the developer website.
  • :(YESSSSS)
  • One day I will have an android phone. Having Glitch on android would give me great incentive!!! (wink, wink)
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink