Topic

HOW I MINE FOR FISH?

Seriously.

Fish Mine.

Posted 13 years ago by Kaelun Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• If you're gonna troll, at least do it right...General is -> that way
    Posted 13 years ago by Joojoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm, I'd laugh if I got a random Salmon from mining. One of the most infamous MMO memes out there... XD /amused
    Posted 13 years ago by Gant Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dude. Don't call someone a troll just because they've said something random. 

A troll is someone who goes into a discussion with an inflammatory opinion, often not even their real opinion, just to screw with everyone.

I personally think it would be wonderful if we could mine for fish. It would really contribute to the general Glitchy weirdness of Ur and would also add a bit of skill overlap. I think it'd be nice to be able to get more than just ore out of learning mining.

Another idea I'd been toying with making into a post is ice mining. Perhaps there'd be a mid sized hub, similar to the Wintry Place in design if not in energy penalties, where there would be plentiful 'ice rocks' that you could mine with your pick for ice cubes. To balance the value of all rocks they'd probably have to hold more ice than the standard rock holds ore. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Liza Throttlebottom Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Final Fantasy XI reference? ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." (my emphasis)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Dude, don't correct someone if you're not familiar with the full definition.
  • Joojoo - this is the ideas forum. I'm not trolling, go cry somewhere else.
  • Let's break it down.  You create a thread with a grammatically incorrect question in all caps in an Idea forum.  And that's supposed to be a legitimate contribution?

P.S. No tears were shed in the creation of this reply.
  • Wow. Have you ever checked some of the silly grammar in Glitch? 

It's called a meme.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme 

It's a Final Fantasy XI reference. 

It would also be funny to mine for fish.

Also, you are dumb.
  • The title is a joke/reference.

And I would mine for fish, sure.  To put Kaelun and Liza together, maybe ice mining could occasionally provide fish, the way rock mining occasionally provides gems.
    Posted 13 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In a game where squeezed chickens produce grain and butterflies can be milked, I don't find a fish mine idea to be off-topic or inflammatory. I'm still looking forward to harvesting from a Honeysuckle vine. Or finding a way to get hooch or beer from grain--or a spring in Alakol.
    Posted 13 years ago by Feldman Harbinger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My favorite FFXI meme has to be this one, though:

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    Posted 13 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink