Topic

FREE private herb garden!

I will let you use my house for 48 hours for FREE, including fireflies, barnacles, an egg tree and a twelve-plot herb garden, if you promise to stop talking about unfair access to herbs on the forums.  That's right, you get a free vacation home for a few days in which you can grow herb and earn badges and sell at ridiculously high prices at auction for TWO WHOLE DAYS without giving up your own home and all I ask in exchange is that you stop talking about the frakkin' herbs in the forums.

I'll even throw in a free ShamWOW with your order!  

[edit] The next available time slots are as follows (all keys are issued/revoked at noon EST):
12/31-1/2
1/2-1/4
1/4-1/6

Mail me a message in game if you're interested!

Your hair looks great today, and I love you.

Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Your so generous! but I dont even have the skill yet sooooo dont know what the hoolamabob is about it. and I have lived without it so. I can survive during this crisis.
    Posted 12 years ago by chelseaann Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Chelseaann, you drive a tough bargain.  Alright, TWO ShamWOWs!
  • Really?  Not a nibble, but folks are still saying "It's unfair that I can't do the herb quests" instead of the more accurate "I WON'T sell my current home in order to do the herb quests without using the community gardens (because they're bananers right now)".  Nothing wrong with wanting to keep your house, but let's be accurate.

Don't sell your home- use mine!  I'm begging you!  

Did I mention the pig?  There's a piggy named Link Hogthrob in there too and he's a nibble-addict.
  • I think its a wonderful offer. I thankfully have a friend and we both share our houses together. Also I've not moaned about the situation because it does not effect me. Still, I just wanted to say. You're GREAT. So nice!
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sloppy,  

Kinda clarifies the situation, no?  
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • WindBorn, 

Sadly I agree.  I have one taker so far!  Monday-Wednesday/ Wednesday-Friday next week now available!

P.S. Thanks jiva!
  • Is it necessary to have complained in the forums in order to qualify?
    Posted 12 years ago by owly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Get your complaints in now.  A board of experts will judge the sincerity of your complaints.  Make sure you dress accordingly.
    Posted 12 years ago by Parrow Gnolle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Will there be cake?
    Posted 12 years ago by Evadrepus Terramere Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I just have the shamwow? I use a friends garden but boy could I use a shamwow!
    Posted 12 years ago by Avery♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • owly, I'll count your question as a complaint ;)  Want a key?

Evadrepus, no, but there will be hooch and bacon.  

Avery, you got me.  It's not really a ShamWOW, it's a piece of Charmin and it has already been squeezed.
  • That's so generous! I would love to take you up on it. I haven't been complaining in the forums because, why? But I just want the chance to grow some herbs and make some potions.
    Posted 12 years ago by demimonde Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Demimonde, I'll add you today and send you a key on Monday morning EST!  
  • This is great! Can I get Thursday-Friday? I haven't been complaining either- I just want to finish this damn quest! 

Thanks!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Morena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Can I have Thursday/ Friday? I haven't been complaining either (just too many trolls out there already) and I just wanna complete this damn quest! 

Thanks!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Morena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sloppy recently lent me her beautiful bog house while she was AFK for a few days. It is a beautiful house with a great ambiance. Link Hogthrob is a sweet little piggy who enjoys the occasional nibble (he did not bite once!). 

I had such a great time occupying her abode, that I am now looking for my own bog house. :)

A++++ WOULD OCCUPY AGAIN
    Posted 12 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would LOVE a key, thank you so much! :-D
    Posted 12 years ago by owly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you!! I'll make sure to take any extra seeds and plant them in the community herb gardens.
  • ME ILL DO IT!!
    Posted 12 years ago by River Melody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's the schedule so far, let me know if this works for you (all times are EST)

Buni- Thursday 9am 12/15-Saturday 12/17 noon 
    owly- Saturday 12/17 noon-Monday 12/19 noon
    demimonde- Monday 12/19 noon- Wednesday 12/21 noon
    Morena- Wednesday 12/21 noon- Friday 12/23 noon
    River Melody- Friday 12/23 noon- Sunday 12/26 noon (River, if holiday plans will interfere with this let me know and we can postpone!)

I won't be online much after this so I can't respond to further posts for a few days.  For now, I'll leave you with this song.
  • Oh dear Sloppy,  Mr. Rodgers. <hits head on the desk> My kids drove me crazy watching that show!
    Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Your kids are richer for it.  He was a remarkable man who did a lot of good.
  • Link Hogthrob is the best piggy name I have seen so far.  I probably won't be online this weekend so in the Sloppy Ketchup spirit, I will also lend out my bog house for the weekend.  It's not a fancy one though so only 9 herb plots, but I will leave my guano out for you too so that you can get a fair amount of harvests.  You can make use of anything you find in there.  Give me a shout if interested.  Thx.
    Posted 12 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Sloppy Ketchup! I've been having a great time using the herb gardens of your lovely house. I added some food to the spread laid out for you on the table, and left some herbs planted for the next lucky Glitch.
  • Thanks demimonde!  That's very kind of you!  

Someone's asked for the next time slot, so 12/26-12/28 is spoken for, then I think I'd like to spend some time in my bog house for a few days (I haven't been there in ages!).  If you are interested in borrowing my house just let me know!
  • Hi! I'd love to use your garden sometime. Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by Tawns Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interested in whatever time slot you can offer, but if 12/31-1/2 is free, I'd like that one.
    I'm happy to pay rent or offer you food, drinks, etc. to thank you for your generosity.
    Posted 12 years ago by papernaut Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My hubby and oldest teen are also willing to give keys to their bog houses lol, but not making public offers yet as most whiners are content, or seem to be, to Whine and cry. If we see people accepting offers they will happily give 3 day herbing keys to people that want to complete quests.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will trade a couple times a day herbs for their seeds.  If you come to me with 12 seeds, I will give you:

Purple Seeds = 40 herbs
    Gandlevery = 14 herbs
    Rubeweed = 14 herbs
    Hairball  = 14 herbs
    Rookswort = 14 herbs
    Silvertongue = 36 herbs
    Yellowtongue = 36 herbs
    If you notice, I excluded the super harvest amount from silvertongue and yellowcrumb, given that they have long times, and I am not guaranteed any supers.  Anyway, add me and we can trade.  Just let me know in advance so I can make sure I have stock.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :) Kirnan, hubby and I could make your day with trades. You're actually sounding reasonable here. But because of your posting behavior..grow your Own stuff honey.
  • Uh, I do grow my own stuff.  I was offering the herbs for seeds.  In other words, if someone gave me 12 seeds and I gave them 36 silvertongue, they just got all the herbs they wanted without any work.

I offered kindness to those who do not have herb gardens, and you...you are acting like a griefer.
  • Wow Kirnan lol. I hope many go back and re Read your lovely griefing posts :D. If I was the game dev. I'd have kicked you awhile back honey. Your speaking of stalking people, blacklisting them to the point they would Leave the Game...Talk about loss of money or potential money for future game development.

All, from my reading of your posts, that you offer is an idea of punishing those that do not agree with your idea of the glitch game play.

Now, seriously, I never take what I do not pay for, but the signs are clear. Why the heck to you think things are getting worse? The whiners, the people like you that threaten.

Sadly it comes across that You and a few other minions think you have the right to determine other people's game play and since the Game doesn't allow Punishment You want to play vigilante. All you are accomplishing is annoying perfectly nice people and Egging on those that behave in the way You don't like.

Btw, sweetie, HOW was I acting like a Griefer?? lol You the one threatening to Stalk people and blacklist them and persuade your Friends?
  • Here, I am going to simplify things for you:

Harassment = Actively engaging a player, discouraged by Guidelines

Blocking/Blacklisting = Actively avoiding a player, feature provided by game (I hope we can assume then, that means they are ok with it)

Let us start with something small like that, because if we have too many topics at once, you are likely not going to stick to communicating, but rather ignoring anything I type.

If you can address this, we can move on to the next point.

Your move.
  • Ok baby :) I'm All for the Ignore/block feature as I dislike foul mouth people.

What I Seriously dislike is the idea of so called persuading Friends to go along. And the way you stated making the person you don't "approve" of feeling so bad they leave game.

I find that totally unacceptable! You cannot take back what you initially stated..you would Follow people!!! That is Sick!!! This is a Game. I'm lvl 24 and rich from mining addiction. Why is this Anything Serious...this is my Biggest issue.
  • It has nothing to do with approve of.  I dislike bullies.  In real ife, you can ignore them, but let's face it, they have ways of getting past that barrier.  In games or anywhere online, provided they are not hackers with incredible skill, you always have a block button of some kind, whether literal or metaphoric.  If people in this game bully others, yeah, over time they may or may not find they are friendless.  

However, I would still encourage friends to block the person too.  And yes, I would hope they leave the game instead of griefing people on here.  Or perhaps, in the end, maybe they would realize what they are doing and start publicly appealing to the community to give them a second chance.  That is a less likely choice though, and I have seen the former so often through countless games.

I do not support harassing players.  I realize that leads to the whole following thing, but I am going to avoid that topic until you respond to this one.
  • I, by my nature, always want to fully understand the people I am interacting with if I feel they are worth the time :D You do intrigue me to a certain extent.

A big issue I have with the "following" thing you brought up is that many people in rl have had to Deal with sick in the head "stalkers".

I play games to get away from rl most of the time . The feeling I am getting from many of your posts is that you are taking this game too seriously. I wasted 6 yrs. with wow lol and have learned several personality types. Those that stalk can get Ugly.
  • Fair enough, but the only reason I would ever follow a griefer at all, and mind you in limited bursts, (as having them know I am ever observing them would make the whole thing pointless) is to see if they are seriously a griefer most of the time, or if they simply had a bad day.  Admittedly, I doubt this would get results, and would likely get boring, which is why on first instinct, I would likely ask friends to block the person.  Less risk, really.

Personally, I am not out to stalk, I just want to know if people are bad or not.  I could care less about what else they are doing.
  • Fair enough Kirnan, just please realize that some could take it too far. Just please keep in mind that Many here take this game as a light Diversion...all conotations that can go with that. People constantly whining about ingame mechanics Can bring out the dark side of otherwise Very nice people.
  • You are right, people can take a lot of things too far, which is why I prefer to block more often.  Fortunately, I rarely run into griefers, and currently have only blocked spammer players.  But eventually I am going to run into them somewhere, and blocking them provides the easiest solution.
  • Sloppy's Herbalicious Timeshare? Fun!

Will you keep doing it? I may be interested for the occasional burst of tincturing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And if he isn't I am still up for trading my herbs for someone's seeds.  Takes the work out of planting for the person I am trading to, and lessens the strain on the c. gardens.
  • lol. I want a shamwow! 
    Posted 12 years ago by Oakland Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sloppy,
    Just want to say your hair looks great too :)

I have my own firebog house thanks and am very comfortable in it. But maybe at some point if I fancy a vacation in a different bog for a while?.....

Twoodle (who rarely reads the forums any more because she doesn't feel moved to rant about herbs- being fortunate in my housing choice - or tree wars or to dabble in trading of cubimals or emblems - how many posts does that leave?)
    Edited to add - hey, I'm really tempted by the offer of a shamWOW having watched the clip!
    Posted 12 years ago by Twoodle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tawns and papernaut, I'll issue you keys in the next few days in succession (I figure that 48 hours each gives folks a good amount of time to complete some badges and quests if that's what they're after).  A couple people bought a bog home after using my house!  No need to leave payment or gifts- I have plenty of stuff and I'm just enjoying my quest to make the game a little more enjoyable for a few people. 

Twoodle, you're welcome to a vacation in my house too!  Message me in game when you fell like you need to *kinda* get away from it all.  Link Hogthrob makes an excellent cabana boy.

EDIT: Jennanydots, sorry I left you out!  You'll be third in line for a key.  I'll send you a message when I issue the key.

Just try to avoid what one player who asked to borrow my house and then forgot about it messaged me when I issued her key: "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???!?!??"  :o