Topic

Anyone else think this is disgusting?

I'm no prude, but this is pretty offensive. A note appearing in subway stations (bolding mine):

"Tired? Want to get a profitable day but you just don't have the energy? Things get hot but your boyfriend just doesn't have the energy to keep up with you? The answer to your problems lays with our newest powder, NO-NO POWDER!

Our newest formula will get you higher than activated spinach! Forget the past and leave those earthshakers behind! Give him no-no and he'll be pumping into you like an animal, NOW FOR A WHOLE 6 MINUTES!!!"

Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I don't mind the note pushing no-no powder, but the bolded connotations are a bit much.
    Posted 13 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It says NO-NO. No YES-YES. Fair enough if you are intelligent enough (generally speaking)
    Posted 13 years ago by zizila Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's questionable taste, but I wouldn't call it disgusting.
    Posted 13 years ago by Poppy of Detwoit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You are free to dispose of the note if you find it to be offensive, much like you would in real life.  But we shouldn't start censoring people.  It'll lead us down a road we don't want to be on.  Unless a note contains a very specific, personal attack on one individual.  In which case you should most definitely report it.

I do find it particularly amusing that they left the note in a Subway station, though.  :p
    Posted 13 years ago by Joojoo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Personally, I don't want to be reading something like that while I'm in game. I am probably in the minority however (I am a prude. heh). I would pick up & donate the note. If you see it again, you might consider reporting it, as it makes you uncomfortable. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Wynella Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Do we report things because they make us uncomfortable, or do we report things that violate the TOS and the guidelines?
  • I find the note tasteless, yes. Would probably pick it up and donate it or whatever.

It's nonetheless interesting that sex, as always, is where the line is drawn... even when we're talking about a fictionalized analogue to rather problematic drug use.
    Posted 13 years ago by Abby Smalls Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've seen a lot of stuff by the Glitch team and by some players where they use language in a way that I personally find more than just inappropriate.. yet it still seems acceptable? I guess it's just the environment you live in, and the language of your area. I know in some parts of Australia they use a certain 'T' word to describe someone that litters, whereas over here in UK it's swearing.. [Funny story really, a group of Australian friends came to stay over for two weeks and driving along we saw someone litter and BAM! The window was open and they were shouting the 'T' word at them..]
    I guess it's the same with phrases and the way that some parts of the community feels about innuendoes and references..
    ... although I'm just prudish.. 
    Posted 13 years ago by GravityGrip Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If that note would be advertising Spinach, would you react the same way?
    Posted 13 years ago by Raskbuck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well the note is in somewhat of a gray area, but possibly (and probably) over the line. Instead of posting on the forums, next time file an abuse report - we'll be able to review it more quickly. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it's good to have high moral standards!
    Posted 13 years ago by little peep Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Little Peep,
    The problem with that statement is, who defines the morals that we all should follow and hold in high esteem?
    I guess in this case, it would be the devs.  LOL  :-)

But in general, that statement is far too open to interpretation to really implement...IMHO.
  • This person needs to learn better advertising! If I found this note, I'd contact the writer, teach him how to sell, and hire him/her right away if they absorbed my info.
    Posted 13 years ago by Messy Monster Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm just offended because No-No actually makes you impotent.  This false advertising clearly violates the ToS.
    Posted 13 years ago by Vicereine Linnæa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ugh. And posts like this one are the reason why I don't like to look in the forums. If you don't like it, get rid of it yourself.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jhennauchan Subscriber! | Permalink