Topic

Ixian Council Group -- Let's Work Together to Compromise in Ix

Starting a new group that's about the three political parties of ix.

Spicers - those who want an all spice ix.
Gassers - those who want all gas in yellow areas and possibly flipside.
Mixers - those who want a few gas, spice, and bubble in yellow areas and possibly flipside. 

Note that all three political parties relinquish that east and west spice should be only spice.

I am looking for applications for people who want the position of president of each political party. Maybe president isn't the best word, but whatever. We can change that too. The main purpose of being president is you get to speak for your followers by making threads, promoting followers, banning people who are inappropriately participating, etc. The idea is that we have a representative for each party so that we can be 100% fair. 

The purpose of the group is to have officials who are interested in discussing civilly the outcome of Ix. We will vote on matters and ultimately come to a form of compromise. Our decisions will reflect the actions only of the members of the group. Presidents are encouraged to find followers and elect second in command members as well. 

Everyone in the group agrees to follow the decisions made by what compromises we come to. Whatever they be. And the group members will try to reinforce the schema that the group comes to. So being a part of the group is taking on a few responsibilities.

Firstly, you will try to spread the word about the group to those who travel to Ix. This way we can all know what the agreed on schema is to be.

Secondly, you will try to maintain the schema when it is not maintained.

Thirdly, you will participate in discussion and votes. Presidents are also encouraged to create separate groups for their cause and use the Ixian Council as a means to convene and come to agreements.

Everyone in the group will be promoted to a member status reflecting their political party so that on the member list, everyone can see who they are affiliated with. If you feel you represent a different party that isn't represented by these three, let me know. If there are enough people that share your view, we can make a fourth party. But, I do not wish to represent a 'neutral' party just so the peanut gallery can chime in on threads. If you want to be a part of the Ixian Council you must be affiliated with a recognized Ixian political party.

Ok thanks.

Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• What does 'peanut gallery' mean?

I think from the other gas/spice threads the general consensus was that there wasn't going to be consensus - but I could be mistaken.  That said, I have been to Ix a total of once in my glitchen existence so I'm probably not going to be involved :).  Yay for trying to do something about it anyway!
    Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would say the peanut gallery is those who are just watching and not wanting to participate but would rather just mock what's going on or otherwise try to disrupt.

edit:

Mostly just looking for interest at this point. If people think this could be worthwhile, I'm interested in leading it and seeing to its fruition. It's at the very least a step toward a more civil Ix... and by that... a more civil world as a whole.

A big part of the game should be creating political parties, religions, sub culture, etc.  if we as players work together to establish them, it could be rewarding for not only us... but for the devs. It could be trail blazing. I'm trying to create a new way to play, and everyone who is interested is more than welcome to try alongside me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Peanut gallery:
    1. from vaudeville- the people in the 'cheap seats', likely to be rowdy and hecklers.
    2. from the American kids show of the 50s 'Howdy Doody'- the 40 or so children who were the audience.
    3. recent use- a social network audience that passively observes chat, etc.
    (above from Wikipedia-and my own experience watching Howdy Doody)

So not necessarily a disrupting influence. But maybe.
    Posted 13 years ago by bludwaggie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bubbles? Really?
    I somewhat understood it when there were fewer bubble-able patches, but that part of the "Mixers" party should really be abolished now that bubbles are more numerous than beans! (389 bean trees total right now, 412 bubble trees)

I don't think that the people advocating bubble trees in Ix have thought their position through fully.
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i am pro-bubbles in my yard. >:o

are there actually bubbles in ix?
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sometimes people put bubbles there.

It is my professional opinion that these people are big jerks.

:P
    Posted 12 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well I ran into a mixer who said he would like to see bubbles, but admitted that it wouldn't happen. So while Mixers may want bubble, they will likely not get them. 

As for the peanut gallery definition, I concur that they would mostly just be observers. But also note that by definition, a peanut gallery wants to toss peanuts. That is, disrupt. So I couldn't leave that part out. Namean?

Off-topic is a really slow section of the forums. Good to keep threads on the front page, but bad for exposure. Seems like the interest level is low. Unfortunate.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a game topic! Wouldn't it be better suited in the General Section? I am a pro-spicer but not interested in holding a position.
    Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it won't be slow if more people start posting in here and if mods sharpen the definition of on and off topic. :) in other forums i see, the "off-topic" board is usually by far the most densely populated one...:p though we are still relatively young, and i'm expecting 'sharpening' to happen later rather than sooner.

for the record, this thread might well be a game topic anyway. depends what is on and off topic...!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • well i was told new group ideas are suppose to be in the off topic section by blanky. so that's why this is here. but i'm cool with it proliferating slowly. if it doesn't take off, i'm cool with that as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink