Topic

Rugby World Cup Winner of 2011 is the New Zealand ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! New Zealand is going crazy right now! Since 1987 since we held it last... 23 years and now we have it back!!!!!!!!!

Kata Mate (Haka)

Ringa pakia!

Uma tiraha!
Turi whatia!
Hope whai ake!
Waewae takahia kia kino!

Ka mate, ka mate Ka ora' Ka ora'
Ka mate, ka mate
Ka ora Ka ora "
Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuru
Nāna i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
A Upane! Ka Upane!
Upane Kaupane
Whiti te rā,!
Hī!

Posted 12 years ago by Casombra Amberrose Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Pretty sweet game eh? Only one point in it.

I'm actually Australian, but dad's a kiwi so can't be anything but happy with the results.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yes the game was very exciting to be sure! It could have gone either way.. it was definitely nail biting toward the end! The French were good sports as well which was a lovely way to end! Sad that the Aussies came in 3rd but the game against the Welsh was a very good game as well! This was a very exciting world cup this time around!

It looks like it goes to British soil next time around in 4 years.
  • I was pretty annoyed I didn't get to catch the Aus v Wales game, was at a friends house and they didn't have the channel!! Oh well. All round it was a really great cup, so many injuries though from big players. You'd be so unhappy being ruled out of playing in the world cup.

Can't wait for the next tri-nations, should be a good'n now that the teams seem to be a bit more equal in terms of skills. Gosh union is awesome.
  • Oh yes the injuries were something else huh? All the teams played darn hard!! The doctors and the medics were very busy this year for sure LOL!

Yes the tri-nations will be definitely exciting with very equal players out there.

Oh did you hear about the Rugby Seven going to the Olympic Games? I hear there are also going to be a girl's Rugby Seven Team as well. Might be interesting to keep an eye on that.
  • Oh yeah, you can't say any team was lacking in effort that's for sure! I think everyone did themselves proud with their performances (minus of course the mostly useless Quade Cooper).

Ahh will have to keep an eye out on that eh! Never really watched girls playing rugby.
  • Yeaahhh more kiwi Glitchen! That was a pretty nail biting game last night especially through the second half. Who knew France had so much game in them. But the boys brought it home! So proud right now.
    Posted 12 years ago by Byte Crook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • woohoo proud to be a Kiwi this morning :)

I'm pleased though that it was a close game!  Means we at least won't be too complacent for next time round :)  (disclaimer: I knew nothing about rugby until the WC came to Akl haha)
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Aye Lara Auckland was a mess for 6 weeks huh? The train and bus systems were having heaps of problems at the beginning of the World Cup don't think we were completely ready for the influx of visitors for the World Cup since Christchurch could not hold it due to the earthquake. During the weekends I pretty much refused to go near the intercity and motorway would stay close to West Auckland to get my shopping done lol.

I am proud to be a kiwi as well this morning and what a wonderful Labor Day gift this was to New Zealand!!!! Oh and by the way I added you as friends Byte and Lara!
  • Haha.  I think it was just opening night - though my husband was following closer than me for sure so I wouldn't quote me on that!  Apparently the organising people were quite happy they were able to cater for x number of people and had made all their arrangements based on that number - but hadn't thought what to do if there were more than x number!  I think it was something ridiculous like 4x their estimated number.  Anyway they have expanded the fanzones so hopefully it will be much better for closing night... hopefully!

sweet - i'll add you back!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink