Topic

Should glitchy girls scratch the bum bum? :)

One more useless (because like many others that have been appearing in General Forum doesn't add more content), but fun discussion (because that's the point) about morality:
There's these scratch of the bottom animation of our characters, maybe i bit less sexy on women according to western society patterns. What do you think?

Ps: Should they be showing the ankles? What about players from Afghanistan, aren't they being discriminated? They might want to use burqas! lol

EDIT: In India, for instance, people aren't allowed to kiss in public due to be (they argue) something immoral. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_display_of_affection]

[ps: psst hey you all about to put a comment, before doing anything else... scroll down and read all that what has been written and spare us all from your painful and umbrageous arguments. Because we are just having fun here.]

Posted 12 years ago by Kul Koba Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Well... the thing is... that mining dust is itchy...
    Posted 12 years ago by gimmegames Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How do you tell a male from a female Glitchen?
    Posted 12 years ago by DTC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Custom animations are a potential revenue source.    I'm sure plenty of Glitchen would pay extra for a "pick your nose" animation.  I know I would pay for a "make fart noises with your armpit" animation, especially if it came with sound.   The possibilities are endless, although we wouldn't want the game to end up like SL.  
    Posted 12 years ago by WalruZ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh, man, the armpit!   oops, 'scuze me, i have to scratch...
    Posted 12 years ago by Chetmo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitchens have no sex.  Perceived gender is only in the mind of the observer.
    Posted 12 years ago by Vicereine Linnæa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure that there are male/female glitches, we never choose a gender and they seem pretty androgynous to me. And I love that aspect of glitch :D Why should glitch have to conform to real world society patterns?

And besides, if a male can do it then why can't a female? I don't think being a male makes bottom scratching more sexy than being a female.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sunburst Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huh. Couldn't we just disable the butt scratchin'. I like to be sophisticated.

Also, my Glitch is male. So yeah.
    Posted 12 years ago by HackaFreak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Firefly bites to the buttock area are quite itchy, I think my Glitch would go mad if she couldn't give her butt a good scratch. 

Also my little Glitch doesn't much care for sexy. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyn Frog, Esq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does this mean the "sophisticated feeling" buff means you don't scratch your bum anymore?
    Posted 12 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Then I hereby claim the right for male Glitchans to wear beards! 
    Posted 12 years ago by NaTz the Badger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmmm, I thought I did choose a gender when I signed up, but maybe that was my own visual filters at work.  I have really enjoyed running nekkid - it gives a huge sense of freedom.  But, perhaps I need to see what's in my wardrobe. lol
    Posted 12 years ago by dmnddgs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wat?  morality? 
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Huh? So you're suggesting that when a 'male' scratches his bum it IS sexy? Otherwise you're making a double standard - all 'female' actions have to be sexy, but male ones can be goofy...
    Posted 12 years ago by xLIFEx Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I scratch my ass when I have to!
    Posted 12 years ago by Serra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I like scratched butts and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itchy scratchy waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get tensed
    Wanna lent some hands..." (a.s.o.)
    Posted 12 years ago by NaTz the Badger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I've managed a pretty good burqa - ninja assassin in disguise (or is that ass-ass-in?)
    i must try and watch my glitch AFK & see the ass-scratching....
    Posted 12 years ago by onelittlebird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a tranny Glitch...can I scratch one cheek?
    Posted 12 years ago by Babaloogow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @WalruZ

Flashbacks to Sam & Max there.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anaglyph Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ur isn't Earth.

One striking difference is that Glitchens can change sexes anytime they feel like it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Warrender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Wallender....    they can do the same on Earth.     Don't you see the news?     Ur and Earth are Parallel Universes..              .I have seen nothing here in Glitch that I haven't seen on our glorious planet Earth.   The devs are Earthians... They draw their inspiration from real life.
    Posted 12 years ago by napabeth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's super cute when Glitchens scratch their butts ^___^  It wouldn't be the same otherwise. If you wanna be sophisticated go back to RL D=
    Posted 12 years ago by Mizar Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Somehow scratching my bum clears my brain fog......
    Posted 12 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "but fun discussion ... about morality"

If it's immoral for girls to scratch their butts, I have a story about the time I summoned cthulhu with my butt that I'd very much like to tell you about. Let's see where that falls on your moral spectrum.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I kinda like the gender neutrality of Glitch and tbh who hasn't scratched their bum irl? lol
    Posted 12 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I though they were scratching their sides. o.o I think you're only imagining they're scratching their butts. :P Shows where your mind is. ;P
    Posted 12 years ago by Laerwen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some of you mentioned it and let me say that you are right. Previous discussions were about morality, this more seems a style matter, about aesthetics (at least to me, and I am glad you also think the same). However for some players this subject can enter as well in the morality field. Anyway the point is discussing about one insignificant matter that can be really significant for some. :)
  • I"m embarrassed and I think it is funny when my Glitchette scratches HER butt.  It is something I'd NEVER dream of doing out in public and privately think while watching my pixels do the deed on the screen - ohhhhh I bet that felt good -  but that is MY take on it.
    Posted 12 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitches have no set gender or sex. They only become a perceived gender based on the clothes, hair and facial features you give them.

So the action couldn't really be switched based on gender or sex, simply because there is no hard choice of male or female. No one ever asks you if you want your Glitch to be male or female; when you start the game, you have the choice of a male or female appearing Glitch, but that doesn't make your Glitch either gender as you can change it whenever you want.

The only thing that I think could be done if it were offensive, is to be able to turn it on or off, or have more options or something.

I think if there are people do not like their Glitch scratching its butt, it's a propriety or aesthetic issue moreso than a moral issue.

It's generally something that is simply considered impolite (unladylike, unmanlylike, rude, gross, appalling) to do around others, rather than a view that you are doomed to an eternal unhappiness because it's wrong to scratch your butt, whether around others or alone. I am sure there's probably a few out there that do take a moralistic standpoint though. But I doubt most of the people that might be offended by butt scratching in public are likely to offend themselves when they're alone and scratch their butt.
    Posted 12 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My thumby rule is this:

If you don't do it in RL public, don't do it in Ur.

Scratch your -------------- (insert body part) in Ur as you would in public.
    Posted 12 years ago by MeherMan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, my butt has itches now and then. It's got skin, nerves get itchy. I scratch itches. *shrug*

If that makes me less sexy, so be it. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I put some EDIT on the top (about public display of affection).
  • I think bringing up the stuff about people in India and Afghanistan is really unnecessary. Our avatars are cartoon like and this is a game so just get over it. If people were offended, I would think that they wouldn't play in the first place *shrugs*
    Posted 12 years ago by ◘ ▪ Leï.Leï ▪ ◘ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm also unsure how the scratching of the butt is related to the showing of ankles in Afghanistan.
  • @Lily Frog, wait.... let me draw it :)
    huuuh, perhaaaps nothing, perhaps all?
    (hope you know what victorian morality is)
  • To that fella' that told me to go back to RL because I wanna be sophisticated.

*flips hair* Hmph. *walks off*
    Posted 12 years ago by HackaFreak Subscriber! | Permalink
  • bit of a tangent, but i felt from the beginning that glitch's gender tolerance (abstinence?) kicks ass. or scratches butt.
    i posted in aven about it:
    http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/66567-glitch-a-gender-tolerant-webgame/
    Posted 12 years ago by awdrone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @everyone!
    lol, take it easy people! let's all have fun with this instead of building big cases around this. :)

@awdrone, thanks very much for sharing that!
  • @Kul Koba, of course I know what Victorian Morality is, it's a mode of dress I follow myself generally (I dress modest for my own comfort).
    It's just a strange line to draw from "Cartoon Chatacters scratching butt" to "Covered Ankles in Afghanistan (and Victorian Times)"
  • victorian has nothing on victorian futurism. i sincerely hope to be able someday to dress my glitch in sailor suit-laser eye implants 
    Posted 12 years ago by awdrone Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lily, victorian morality was not only a dressing style but a rigid moral code.
    Maybe sounded strange to you because they have no relation in time or space (It was mean to be that way...). But all mentioned has to do with the fundamental questions: What are the limits and should they exist at all? Obviously talking about the ankles in victorian times is merely one joke about the exaggeration of that moral code itself. ;)

Basically, people have been creating little "wars" in global chat about morality issues. I wished that could be over. So I am for the idea of joking a bit with all these nonsenses (because at least they are for me).
  • Yep, If it itches. scratch!
    Posted 12 years ago by Priscilla Parsley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A) This ain't real life. This is an imaginary world without gender designations.

B) The initial post, calling out FEMALE glitchen, making it a moral issue, and referring to a part of the body as "bum bum" will at best irritate a few people. At worst, make them violently ill.

I'm all for tongue in cheek. But this is bad trolling, plain and simple.
  • Xev, A, B and C -> go to sleep, coz with your bum bum in front of computer and away from real life for so many hours probably put you tired... No wonders why you get "violently ill". Hope you'll be more irritated, and now, at least, with one real reason for that! lol
    btw dear, helps your mind "violently ill" if you scroll down and read... more. ;)
  • Let it be stated here and now that all the creatures in Glitch, male, female, asexual and all others have a bum bum. Even Rook has bum bum. lol
  • I'm Rook and I approve this message (of having a bum^2) not whatever else KK said.  Stay away from junk food :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, Kul. Patronizing AND obnoxious. You're a winner :)

Xev out!
  • I'm with Xev on this, especially the part of Point B referring to the body part in question.
    Posted 12 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • For those sudo-feminists around, first at all I'm not english native speaker. I used a terminology for children and if you have problems with it check it in the urban dictionary as i carefully did in the first place:
     http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bum%20bum
    If you would read more what I wrote probably and if you would have one mind a bit more open and clever, then you would understand better that it's actually a joke about narrow male (sometimes also female) views in western society.
    The only person patronizing here was the one feeling offended by that. Next time push a bit more for your narrow brains.
    Nothing else to say, so long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Kul Koba - I (as a female) am not offended by this thread and think it is a very funny idea for a discussion topic. You made it clear you wanted this to be humorous and not political at all.

I giggle a little when I see my Glitch (a girly Glitch) scratch her bum. I would never do it in real life (well not in public :)). I think it is funny in the way so much of this game is - purely made to give everyone who sees it a little smile.

As such, it is the perfect topic for a light-hearted entertaining thread.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • *pseudo lol
    Posted 12 years ago by Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Kookaburra! I hope they will keep the animation because I also like it.
    :) Yes, pseudo*, thanks.