Topic

If you don't like my post then don't respond

Really.! That's it!! If you don't like what someone has to say just ignore it, don't reply and guess what?? Go on ... guess...No?  OK I will tell you..it will fall down the system into pages 2,3,4,5 well let's face it ..that page 2 is oblivion in itself.

Okie Dokie - artichokie kariokie I have spokey :-)

Posted 12 years ago by VivaCity Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'm offended by this post.
    Posted 12 years ago by Freddie the Fearful Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sorry, no can do.

xkcd.com/386/
    Posted 12 years ago by Warrender Subscriber! | Permalink
  • xkcd rox
    sparkly rocks
  • I don't understand o_O
    Posted 12 years ago by Mandy.23 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • But thats silly, it implies no rational criticism is permitted.

There is a position which a lot of people would argue is a good one, that one should always be open to criticism from others in order to have a method for a reality check.

(Please bear in mind I'm responding to this as an individual thread rather than as a continuation of some other thread, I dont know what happened before, im guessing something, but since this is posted in its own thread....I feel relatively free to post this.)
    Posted 12 years ago by SacredBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • xkcd - that rocks! rocks like sparkly.  see I like what you wrote so I am responding.  I am not being nasty about what has been written.  That is my point.  If you are offended you can jog on. 
    Scaredbob - no not crit, crit is good.  I have learned a lot from crit in game.  Crit opens a mind to other options.  I am talking about some of the responses I have read from other peoples post that are down right off..yep just plain ol' off.  Nasty and destructive crit not good :< another's 'perspective crit' good :-0)
  • The problem with that is that different people may have different opinions about what is "good" crit and what is "bad" crit.

All in all, you have to be responsible for whatever you say in public (that's a general you, not a specific you). People disagreeing with you--and likely disagreeing with you in a way you don't appreciate--is a hazard of communicating publicly.

I'd also like to note that saying "if you don't like it, leave" is an especially dangerous silencing tactic.
    Posted 12 years ago by karibean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah ok sure, i mistook do not like for do not agree with and yeah your right they're completely different things.
    Posted 12 years ago by SacredBob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, nothing stings quite as much as being ignored. If people try harder to get a response after that, they get the attention of mods pretty fast. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Karibean...where does it say "if you don't like it, leave" ??  I can't see that in this thread... I think I am offended by your remark that I am using a dangerous silencing tactic and would disagree.  See point taken - point made - no bloodshed.

I don't think it takes a genius to work out 'bad crit'  - the stuff that is negative and destructive.  The kind of response where someone is taking a nasty poke at said thread.  Words are very mis-understood when writing due to the incompleteness of a thought put into type.  (This I have been guilty of.)  I think it would not hurt to read smth, breath and then respond as if the person was in the room rather than - 'I think this is s***'  Saying that, my boy will be turning 13 in January and I will be expecting that response on a daily basis >,<
  • Flip side of this is that the only way to grow as a community is to discuss stuff we don't agree on and confront those issues. I think what the initial post refers to is the stuff that just sets people off, where there's really no possible good outcome to responding - it's just going to get more people fired up and create a never ending cycle of rabble rabble rabble posts.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xev Subscriber! | Permalink
  • offended was ironic obv. to keep the post bumped
  • I'm further offended that my reply has bumped this post back to the top
  • I really hate your post. This one.
    Posted 12 years ago by ✦ SHI∇IΔΠ ✦ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good debate is needed at times :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually enjoy reading (but not participating in) the really contentious threads where people get their small clothes all in a twist over some game feature or interaction... even some of the milder trolling.

Don't enjoy when people get nasty though. 

EDIT: not necessarily participating in... I get into a contentious thread sometimes too
    Posted 12 years ago by La_La Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure how to respond to this.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lento Assai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me too.
    Posted 12 years ago by roderick ordonez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Although I don't always follow my own advice, a friend once counseled that you ask yourself three questions before offering an opinion:

- Is it helpful?
    - Is it kind?
    - Is it necessary?

It's difficult, especially when you are passionate about a subject ...
    Posted 12 years ago by TK-855 Subscriber! | Permalink