Topic

The Secret World

This game has been popping on and off my radar for the last year or so. It seems pretty intriguing and not as samey as other MMOs.

Anyone else interested? Intrigued? Thoughts?

www.thesecretworld.com
www.darkdemonscrygaia.com

Posted 12 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hi.. I took a quick look at the site. It looks interesting. I liked what I saw of the story and art. But then I don't like the "play with full features with Facebook sign up" vs. without Facebook. um, why can't I play a full feature game and not be on Facebook? ugh... that was a huge turnoff for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i got into beta and so far its very unpolished graphics wise and gameplay wise but has potential. still i'll probably not play the game when it goes live since their business model is relentlessly greedy. box + subscription + cash shop ummm yeah forget that i'd rather spend money to level up the real life me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fur Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I so very much loved The Longest Journey and DreamFall, am sorry to hear that about TSW.
    Posted 12 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't mind paying some money for a good game, but Facebook is a deal-breaker for me.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tiresias Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the update Floppy.  I had been following this quite a while ago, because the graphics and storyline looked interesting, but in the past year or so it seemed to have taken a turn for the greedy, as you say.  I got the FB-only emails and dismissed it as a publicity scam, since the original pitch didn't sound like a Facebook game.  My fault that I misunderstood ... but I don't care for Facebook requirements either, and it doesn't sound like I've missed much.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It looks like you can register for beta/play without FB, you just won't take part in "The Secret War" promotion/mini game.

My hopes are still up for it as a game, but the idea of a sub and a cash shop is bit much. I like LotRO's model, where subscribers get access to pretty much everything and only use the cash shop for little perks (plus you get a monthly "allowance" as a subscriber for the shop).
    Posted 12 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Funcom. That turned me off. They had two horrible launches in a row now (Anarchy and Age of Conan), and both there games are on "life support".
    Posted 12 years ago by Draron Subscriber! | Permalink