Topic

Does anyone here play Terrarria? Or Minecraft? :)

My kids play both.  They told me that in Terrarria, Unicorns can impale you. D:>

And they spent ALL DAY today playing Minecraft.  I figure, it's worth whatever damage it does to them being on a computer all day, for the fact they spent an entire day *not* fighting with each other.  :: happy peaceful sigh ::

Anyways I figured I'd ask and see who else plays these other types of games since they're similar in some fundamental ways to Glitch, and what your experience there has been like.

FTR I haven't played *either* of those games, but they both look pretty cool and worth playing.  And obviously Minecraft, you can dump a *lot* of hours into pretty easily.... ^_^

Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Both games are full of awesome sauce.

Get on a multi-player minecraft server and there are amazing cultures built up, incredible feats of design. And some do role-playing.

Terrarria is more of a video-game than a sand-box open ended game, so good fluffy fun. And the fact it isn't open ended is an advantage. Easier to put down than minecraft or glitch.
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TERRARIA! I spent the last 2 (of 3) weeks of my Christmas break staying up all the way untill 2-3AM playing that game. It is so awesome. I heard of Minecraft before I got Terraria, but I was never able to play it, so I gladly settled for it's seemingly equivalent 2D counterpart.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sweet Stuff Ng Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe :D
    Good to see other players here.  And I didn't know that about Terrarria, Loki.  That sure does explain why my kids have been spending so many more hours on Minecraft.  :: giggles ::
  • You can dump an awful lot of time into both easily actually. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by The Rogueling Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 my kids play both!
    Posted 12 years ago by OL. Der Dan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Terraria! But then I switched comps and haven't downloaded it onto my new comp from Steam... since I'd have to start over. Oh bother. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Morena Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play Minecraft, and have dumped solid days into solo play, but I've barely touched it since I found Glitch. Today I was looking at the bean seasoning recipes, and was wondering: if tossed into an empty glitch server with no trees or animals, how much fun a Minecraft-style start from nothing would be - and how unpossible it might even be!
    Posted 12 years ago by Stuv Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hehe... I hadn't even thought of ground-up building Glitchy areas, Stuv... actually I have, but only in my wildest fantasies.  -_-

I will love it if expanding our land that we've been given turns out to be something similar to minecraft craft-from-nothingness to somethingness .. ness.  And I've only watched my kids play, I haven't even touched it myself.  That's how compelling it is.  ^_^
  • I have both but haven't really been able to get into Terraria.  It's probably because I played Minecraft almost obsessively for a while, so it was strange to switch from one to the other.
    Posted 12 years ago by machi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love Terraria, and really looking forward to the next game by that crew called StarBound. Check it out!
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't care for Terraria for some reason. Its not a bad game at all, but after awhile I didn't want to play it any more.  

Minecraft stole my life, though.  I haven't played since beta since once I start, I'll have no clue as to when I'll stop.  I was looking for a great server to join, but gave up after a few tries.
    Posted 12 years ago by EzBreezy Subscriber! | Permalink