Topic

KONY 2012

I don't know if anyone has posted about the invisible children organization and what they are doing but I figured I would make a topic in off topic sharing it since I feel pretty strongly and think others should know too. The video is long (about 30 minutes) but it's engaging and well worth the watch. I feel much more enlightened after watching that even though I already knew about this issue and Joseph Kony and his army the LRA.
Here is the video link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4M...
If you dont trust me or my link just go to YouTube and search for KONY 2012
yeah its the one with over 15 million views.
Or you can skip all this and go directly to the website
Kony2012.com

this is about children, being kidnapped and forced into a pointless army killing people in Africa. The deal is it has been going on for an overly long time and over 30,000 children have been taken. For the U.S.A. to care the people have to show a significant interest. But dont worry everyone else, this is for you too. This is a global organization that has been growing for NINE years. How could we NOT know about it at this point??

Now this topic is not for debating how you feel about what they are trying to do. This is for sharing with people who do not know.

Thanks =]

Posted 12 years ago by Clickadee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It's a reductive, simplistic video that somehow manages to make a slew of assumptions and misconceptions in a documentary about African atrocity. You'd be better off getting information from the Army of the Lord webcomic... and it's not even completed yet (which doesn't, somehow, keep it from being a more in-depth source of information). And since it's been going on for friggin' years at this point (and actually has been reported in the West), not knowing about it till now speaks more of being uninformed than not having the information available.

Here's a reaction from the founder of Project Diaspora, TM Ruge, a bit of critique, and some evidence that this campaign might have more than a little "undercover Jesus" in it. A few more perspectives to round it all out.
    Posted 12 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kony puts the "infant" back in "infantry" 
    Posted 12 years ago by The Rook Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I absolutely hate kony. he is the worst person ever. I really hope they kill him as soon as they get him. he deserves to die.
    Posted 12 years ago by 1 of a kind Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kony is an awful person, but the video is actually misleading, and the Invisible Childrens charity is shady. I wouldn't donate to them directly. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Syrup Subscriber! | Permalink