Topic

Traveling Salesman solution for Glitch?

I'm toying with the idea of making my own tree graphs of all of the areas in the game, to maximize efficiency in tree harvesting. But I'm lazy :)
Has anyone run across an API tool that generates best-path routes for Glitch based on an entire area map?

e.g., I want the most efficient route that covers every street in Groddle Forest, with as few overlaps as possible. I'm sure I could brute force it (and may, still, if I get bored enough today), but given the sheer quantity of streets in the game, I'd prefer to find a more elegant solution.

edit: Please note that my use of the word "tree" in this post does NOT refer to the "grows out of the ground, you pick cherries off of it" organism. It refers to a branching data structure. I could care less what trees are where within the game (I'm actually working on getting large quantities of musicblocks, and squeezing chickens works best for me), I'm trying to find the most efficient routes through every region of Ur.

Posted 12 years ago by devlogic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Making a tree graph by hand won't work very well, because the trees can change over night, at the hands of other Glitchen.

However, you might find this website super handy:

www.glitch-atlas.info/

If you do a search for a kind of tree, and then narrow in to the region with the most trees, a good route should present itself rather quickly.  And it is up to date within the hour.
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I actually meant something more like a binary (unary) tree, rather than a "kinds of trees" graph :)
    Posted 12 years ago by devlogic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you need trees, join the Housing Resource Routes group.
    www.glitch.com/groups/RHVP8...
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink