Topic

Carl Projectorinski's real life Oaty Cakes

I developed these before I encountered Glitch, and haven't changed the recipe, but they are similar enough to prove that these things can be done and done well!

1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup white all purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix all that together, then cut in:

1 Tbsp butter
1/4 - 1/3 cup milk  (you want it to look like thick batter that will stand up, but no kneed-able dough)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Place it in a 1 inch high lump on a lightly greased or non-stick pan and stick it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

If you want to be hungry for more when you're done eating it, double or triple the butter.

Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• OMG! Want!

So...when do you suppose you could stop by and whip these up?
    Posted 12 years ago by Poppy Fields Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You make one cake out of this?  And it only cooks for 8 - 10 minutes?  Hard to imagine it is even heated through by then.  But it sounds yummy - I love oaty things.
    Posted 12 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll try this when I get access to the ingredients! How many oaty cakes does this make? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, you could make six small ones, but I make a larger one.  It sits on a pan and bakes quite a bit like a biscuit.  I'll take a picture next time and post it!

It's true, I like mine just a little unfinished, with ribbons of melted butter all through. But at 3/4 to 1 inch thick at 400 degrees, 7 minutes gets it there.  8 - 10 minutes does actually tend to finish it!  You could probably go 12 without burning it, though.

And, of course, your oven may vary.
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow... hmmmm I WANT!!! Even though I hate cinnamon.... :3
    Posted 12 years ago by Epically Face Subscriber! | Permalink