Topic

Carl Projectorinski's real life Oaty Cakes

I developed these before I encountered Glitch, and haven't changed the recipe, but they are similar enough to prove that these things can be done and done well!

1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup white all purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix all that together, then cut in:

1 Tbsp butter
1/4 - 1/3 cup milk  (you want it to look like thick batter that will stand up, but no kneed-able dough)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Place it in a 1 inch high lump on a lightly greased or non-stick pan and stick it in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

If you want to be hungry for more when you're done eating it, double or triple the butter.

Posted 8 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• OMG! Want!

So...when do you suppose you could stop by and whip these up?
    Posted 8 years ago by Poppy Fields Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You make one cake out of this?  And it only cooks for 8 - 10 minutes?  Hard to imagine it is even heated through by then.  But it sounds yummy - I love oaty things.
    Posted 8 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll try this when I get access to the ingredients! How many oaty cakes does this make? 
    Posted 8 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, you could make six small ones, but I make a larger one.  It sits on a pan and bakes quite a bit like a biscuit.  I'll take a picture next time and post it!

It's true, I like mine just a little unfinished, with ribbons of melted butter all through. But at 3/4 to 1 inch thick at 400 degrees, 7 minutes gets it there.  8 - 10 minutes does actually tend to finish it!  You could probably go 12 without burning it, though.

And, of course, your oven may vary.
    Posted 8 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow... hmmmm I WANT!!! Even though I hate cinnamon.... :3
    Posted 7 years ago by Epically Face Subscriber! | Permalink