dont u guys get it
there raising prices 
made the test house permanent
the credits are high etc
the only one whos siding with me is I'm Chris
U guys will never understand
and whoever sides with me i will give them 10k
IM me
U want know whats better than Glitch. Minecraft Minecraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the first person who sides with me for real will get 10k
plus they take an ought oh and sign ur name in the reply's
http://www.glitch.com/forum/marketplace/20825/ 

Posted 12 years ago by Norman Star Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • No offense, but, leaving because you have to pay for houses is kind of dumb.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ameh.Loves.Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This does kind of remind me of the time someone threatened to cancel their subscription to the free, weekly newspaper I used to work for.  We didn't deliver, you had to go pick it up somewhere to read it...
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • dude, this is called beta for a reason. they are updating, changing, etc. alot because its in beta. your just mad because your not used to this new house. just think, the other house you couldnt even decorate!!! The prices are as low as can be. Now Norman, Im Chris, anyone else whos siding, i understand about where you're comeing from. My friend quit not too long ago for the same reason, but i hope youll take my advice and not switch. The choice is entirly up to you, but i hope you make a good choice. If you do choose minecraft, i hope you like the X-box 360 version though!
    Posted 12 years ago by Taco Assassin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Abraham Lincoln was just as happy when he lived in a plain old log cabin as the rich.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Taco personally, I'd rather have a boghouse with personality that I have no option to decorate, than an ugly, drab box I can't afford to decorate. I used to spend 80% (at least) of my game time in my home, and now I have no desire to do that, so I'm running low on reasons to log in.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rev. Desdemona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • How old are you? You sound about 12..
    Posted 12 years ago by EarthtoGrace Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rev. I see where you're comeing from once again, and i have 2 ideas, Expand and Add Floors for more room! Theres boatloads of free stuff you can use to decorate!
  • I would like to buy WalruZ some lunch.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sloppy Ketchup Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Taco, We already have an Expand Floor and Add floor option! It's next to the swatches button in Decorate mode.
    Posted 12 years ago by AwesomeCardinal2000 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Take your time peoples. Walk away from the machine now. Check out all the free stuff, expand your yard and build resources to expand the house. You'll be amazed how nice you can get it when you give it a bit of time and planning. We can't all have the white house or Graceland, or buckingham palace in the next 10 minutes. Bet you can make something unique and fabulous with all the free bits. That's what your own imagination is for.
    Posted 12 years ago by jiva Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hear, hear, Jiva!
    Posted 12 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jiva, that was beautiful
  • HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  god people are ntus
    Posted 12 years ago by Jessenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • oh my lord. stop whining people. this is beta!!!!!!
    Posted 12 years ago by blackwidow Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Personally, I simply buy the free stuff, and don't give a fuck if there's some stuff i can't buy! If you're quitting, can I have your leftover beer? Seriously, it's a GAME. Just because you can't get fancy decorations doesn't mean you have to lose it and quit....
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @RJStormRider I think that depends on what you enjoy doing in the game. I enjoyed my boghouse and spending my time there. My new house is dull and unalluring by comparison. It's quite a bit like saying "Just because you can't mine anymore doesn't mean you have to lose it and quit...." That's what some people enjoy doing with their game time.
  • The bog style exterior, floor, and walls are all free decorating choices
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +100 Jiva, exactly this! I can't afford to spend a dime of rl money for 2 months...then will get subcription But I am having a Blast with spending my imagination and enjoying the free stuff.
    Posted 12 years ago by Anya Karenya Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Rev. Yes, I agree that it depends on what you like to do, but I think the mining comparison is a bit off, because mining is actually task that you complete to do other stuff, while decorations don't give you abilities or special benefits.... I am quite sorry that you aren't enjoying your new /home as much as your old one though. The old bog houses did bring a certain mood about....
    Posted 12 years ago by RJStormRider Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm used to play minecraft, it so addicting... xD You might can find my posts on the forum under name rosedragon's fantasy creations. I'm no longer playing it though, it demands too much time!

This game is mmo anyway and TS have to pay for hosting and stuffs. And the house upgrades are optional ;) .

The first thing I do to my new house is expand the yard and that only cost imagination.
    Posted 12 years ago by rosedragon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @WindBorn bog floors are 25 credits, actually. I have the exteriors and walls, and that's great. But then I have a box for a house, and only hilariously mismatched furniture to choose from (log cabin bed, onyx cabinet, fluorescent ceiling lamp). If other people like it, awesome! But I expected more options for those of us that can't afford to put our money into the game, since that's how TS has always operated. A few things have several options, like chairs and rugs, but free users will still end up with mostly identical houses. I don't expect to have every option available to me as a free player, but I expected more than what we were given. And I'd be far more likely to re-sub (when I can afford to) if that were the case. I've been a huge fan of the game since the original launch day, but as it stands now, logging in just leads to logging right back out :\

@RJStormRider I suppose I could have used the example of races of Game of Crowns, mining was just the first thing that came to mind.
  • Wow, Norman, you are being kind of immature.  XD
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I tried to play minecraft but it is really hard. You have to be really seriously nerdy about it.

I don't see the glitch - minecraft connection at all.  Glitch is cheery and friendly and easy. Minecraft is scary and solitary and hard (at least on my phone.)

I have joined and worked so many games only to become frustrated with them and then just walked away and abandoned them... I think most gamers have done this too. Most games turn out to not be a good fit.

I don't know if I will be able to explain this idea but here goes...  If you are so unhappy with the change, why not think of old Glitch as a separate game entirely. It didn't work out and, as it is with games, you left it behind and moved on and wrote it off.  Now you have found new Glitch. Something brand new! And as an odd stroke of luck, you find your house is filled with a ton of cool stuff. Amazing! This never happened when you started a new game before and you are so lucky.

So why not think of new glitch as a new game entirely and put your bitterness int the past?
    Posted 12 years ago by BogBlossum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't you think you took this "sides" think too far, Norm? That's not a little immature, Deathly, but beyond it. Calm down.... Just because you don't plan on spending credits, spend currants and buy furniture from another player, that's what I'm doing.

--

Also, could you remove my name from your original post, you've totally embarrassed me.
    Posted 12 years ago by I'm Chris Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I liked Minecraft, but it is AWFULLY resource-heavy for something made of pixel blocks. My computer stopped running it properly around the time they added pistons. Also I spent most of my time in peaceful mode building rainbow wool sculptures, so...

(Bertha, if you think Minecraft is too user-unfriendly, you should probably not try Dwarf Fortress.)
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The only things that are pay are purely cosmetic.  Just some superficial stuff, like wallpaper and upholstery, and there are even free options on that.

Everything that is a functional part of game play is free. And no actions, skills, etc. are restricted to subscribers.

If that's not enough for you, we're better off without you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Filox Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wallpaper isn't essential to the game's mechanics. They're purely aesthetic. And yes, they do look nice, but you can still play the game even without having fancy wallpaper. If wallpaper and furniture are really that important to you, you should play a different game. Like The Sims. But then again, it does cost money...
    Posted 12 years ago by Liridona Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Chris, sorry that you were embarrassed by Norman's post!   Don't worry, I understand, and I don't think at all badly of you.
    Posted 12 years ago by FTW BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yall come back now Hear?!  :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Baldiboo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bye Norm.
    $15 for a 2 hour movie
    $10 for a cheap burger n fries
    $25 for 500 credits gives me many HOURS of fun on Glitch
    It's a great deal.
    Posted 12 years ago by Ooola Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To add to ooolas post.....
    hours of fun time on Glitch with many free options...
    PRICELESS
    Posted 12 years ago by Gadzooks Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If it's not fun then stop playing
    Posted 12 years ago by *oOo*Shizz*oOo* Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "U want know whats better than Glitch."
    A dictionary.
    Posted 12 years ago by Volkov Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Me want know. :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In terribly LOLing at the awesome posts. And the fact that you're bribing 10k makes me laugh more!
    Posted 12 years ago by Ameh.Loves.Fudge Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My house, made 90% out of free stuff.

lem.to/p/UjKY

SRSLY.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @ Spaghetti Thompson : yay dwarf fortress! A game where you will spend at least 8 hours learning how to play ._. . I like that game, though I wish they have at least mouse support.
    Posted 12 years ago by rosedragon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Minecraft is weird.
    Posted 12 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ooh, yeah, make bigger bags subscriber only.

HA!

;)
    Posted 12 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OH yeah *upgrades* to furniture take credits... but not expanding your house, yard, or adding floors.  And not the entire rest of the actual game.  XD  So.. you know.  I think Glitch is still doing pretty well with the whole "free" option of play.  :3
    Posted 12 years ago by ♪♥~ Auren ~♥♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My brain just melted after reading that. 
    Posted 12 years ago by HAVOK PEW SUMMERS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It was made very clear that houses would not be kept while everything was free. Every time you walked in it said, "Houses are in Testing, Everything is free NOW, etc." If you're leaving because you think that it's wrong that TS stuck to their word, and that they're IMPROVING the game, go ahead.
    Posted 12 years ago by Awe24 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you return, you will be welcomed.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @rosedragon, Dwarf Fortress has had mouse support for at least two years now.  Though of course TRUE players stick to the keyboard!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • you said 'made the test house permanent' That's because they are done with the test house. We knew this was going to happen they said it was testing and they've tested what they wanted to and now after they warned us and warned us and warned us with a couple of months anticipation you're complaining that they did what they said they would do?! If I'm wrong about this please tell me because I don't mean to get the wrong impression, but that's sure what it seems like.
    Posted 12 years ago by Posie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm, I wonder what the TS had to make us "Duly Note" every time we entered our houses before the update, don't you, Norman Star?
    Posted 12 years ago by Chemisie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Edit: I was felling a little cranky earlier by all the rage quit posts of late. So I renege my previous post, but this is just plain silly. And not good silly!
    Posted 12 years ago by le beebs Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next