Topic

Anyone played Diablo 3? Do you like it?

I enjoyed Diablos 1 and 2, but I don't have a computer/graphics card good enough to play Diablo 3.  I need to get a new computer anyway, but I'm not sure about investing in a high-end graphics card.  Professional reviews of D3 have been good, but individual reviews on places such as Amazon are mixed at best.  What do y'all think?

Posted 12 years ago by reggieness Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• It's a big flaming bag of Jay Wilson. Don't go near it. Don't spend any money on it. Don't talk to your friends about. Run don't walk.

Also, Tera. It's good.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mr. Dawgg Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It gets pretty boring after a relatively short time. My SO was really into D1 and D2 - counted down the days and got two copies for the both of us to play together - He is already back to playing Battlefield 3 which was another disappointment to him. 

I thought it was alright, the replay value for the price of the game turned me off. 
    Posted 12 years ago by OHNOSQUIDS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you liked D1 and D2 save  a bit of money and take a look at Torchlight 1 and 2. Bit cheaper and should run on just about anything.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tanit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's fun.. but not worth buying... Blizzard is a BIG pain in the arse.

Get Torchlight 1 & 2, as Tanit suggested :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would say it's not worth it to get the card just to play it.  I like it a lot, but I also got it for free, so my opinion may be biased.

Personally, I think there is pretty high replay value - each character is a LOT of fun to play, and they feel very different, as well as there being a lot of different ways to play each character.  I think it's way more polished and streamlined compared to at least the first torchlight game.  However, I also like torchlight a lot as well, and if you like Diablo 2, I have a good feeling you'll like Torchlight as well.  No idea about Torchlight 2, but I suspect it will be well made.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sicupocalypse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok, thanks, everyone, I do have Torchlight 1, it's not bad, it stimulates a similar region of the brain as does Diablo, scratches that particular RPG itch in terms of item drops, quests, gaining levels.
    Posted 12 years ago by reggieness Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have a level 60 Demon Hunter on D3. About the only thing that gets me mad is the constant nerf hammers they have been giving certain classes. I am currently stuck on Inferno mode act 2 :(
    Posted 12 years ago by Kassutera Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you're the type of person that gets easily engaged by a moving goalpost, concentrates on achievements, and finds yourself saying "wait, just one more hour" while playing these games, then D3 is going to be catnip for you.  They take all of those things, and they wrap it up in the patented Blizzard-polished bow.

I bought it on day one, played the heck out of it, and it's still installed.  I figure I'll play it again, eventually.  But, then again, I've pre-ordered Torchlight 2, so it might be a moot point.
    Posted 12 years ago by Snarkbutt Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought a digital download on battle.net and it doesn't even work on my computer :( Guess I'll have to wait till I get a better one..
    Posted 12 years ago by Muncey Mango Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Love it.
    Posted 12 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink